Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find the number of files older than 1 day from a dir Post 302480905 by R0H0N on Thursday 16th of December 2010 06:04:06 AM
Old 12-16-2010
Code:
find /stage/primed/ -mtime +1 -type f -name "*.csv" -exec ll {} \;

R0H0N

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 20 days & not use find

I need to find files that have the ending of .out and that are older than 20 days. However, I cannot use find as I do not want to search in the directories that are underneath the directory that I am searching in. How can this be done?? Find returns files that I do not want. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: halo98
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting / finding files older than X days missess a day

Hi When trying to find and delete files which are, say, 1 day, the find command misses a day. Please refer the following example. xxxd$ find . -type f -ctime +1 -exec ls -ltr {} \; total 64 -rw-rw-r-- 1 oracle xxxd 81 Apr 30 11:25 ./ful_cfg_tmp_20080429_7.dat -rw-rw-r-- 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to move files of particular day from one dir to another dir

Hi, I have hundered's of files of the name CMP_PORT_IN_P200903271623042437_20090328122430_err.xml in error directory of todays date ie 20090328 and in the file name 5th field specifies date only now i want to move all files of 20090328 to another directory i.e reprocess directory. So... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script to find dir, delete files in, and then del dir?

Hello!! I have directories from 2008, with files in them. I want to create a script that will find the directoried from 2008 (example directory: drwxr-xr-x 2 isplan users 1024 Nov 21 2008 FILES_112108), delete the files within those directories and then delete the directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Find paths of multiple files in CC (dir and sub-dir))

Dear Members, I have a list of xml files like abc.xml.table prq.xml.table ... .. . in a txt file. Now I have to search the file(s) in all directories and sub-directories and print the full path of file in a output txt file. Please help me with the script or command to do so. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List files older that 7 days in a dir, excluding all subdirs

Hi, I would like to list all files, older than 7 days, in a directory, but exclude all subdirectories in the find command. If I use find . -type f -mtime +7 all files in the subdirs are also included. How can I exclude them? Regards, JW (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwbijl
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How archive the older than 30 day files to another unix server

I need to archive the older than 30 day file to another uinx server.I have wrote the below uinx script. for LOOK_DIR in /TempFiles do for FILE in `find ${LOOK_DIR} -mtime -30 -exec ls {} \;` do echo ${FILE} >> file_list ## This file will have the list of files copied and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: murari83.ds
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp - 1 day older files count

Need to write a shell script on AIX box which will connect to different servers using SFTP and get the file count of only 1 day older files. (purging list) How to achieve this? On local server we can use: find <path> -type f -mtime +1 But how to do it in case of SFTP? Please advise. Thanks... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find processes older than 1 day

// AIX 6.1 I need to extract PIDs of ps -ef |grep /usr/lib/lpd/pio | awk '{print $2}' ps -ef |grep qdaemon |grep /usr/bin/ksh | awk '{print $2}' that are older than 1 day. I know find . -type f -mtime +1, but it doesn't work for PIDs. Please let me know how to get the PIDs older than... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep files older than 1 day

I thought that this would work for grep'ing files older than 1 day. ps -o etime,pid,user,args -e|awk '/^+-/'|sort -t- -n -k 1,1 |grep qdaemon |grep /usr/bin/ksh But, it is not grep'ing any of files (i.e. below) older than 1 day. d_prod 33757970 61999560 0 Oct 27 - 0:00... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
8 Replies
DIFF3(1)							     GNU Tools								  DIFF3(1)

NAME
diff3 - find differences between three files SYNOPSIS
diff3 [options] mine older yours DESCRIPTION
The diff3 command compares three files and outputs descriptions of their differences. The files to compare are mine, older, and yours. At most one of these three file names may be -, which tells diff3 to read the standard input for that file. Options Below is a summary of all of the options that GNU diff3 accepts. Multiple single letter options (unless they take an argument) can be com- bined into a single command line argument. -a Treat all files as text and compare them line-by-line, even if they do not appear to be text. -A Incorporate all changes from older to yours into mine, surrounding all conflicts with bracket lines. -B Old behavior of -A. Shows non-conflicts. -e Generate an ed script that incorporates all the changes from older to yours into mine. -E Like -e, except bracket lines from overlapping changes' first and third files. With -e, an overlapping change looks like this: <<<<<<< mine lines from mine ======= lines from yours >>>>>>> yours --ed Generate an ed script that incorporates all the changes from older to yours into mine. --easy-only Like -e, except output only the nonoverlapping changes. -i Generate w and q commands at the end of the ed script for System V compatibility. This option must be combined with one of the -AeExX3 options, and may not be combined with -m. --initial-tab Output a tab rather than two spaces before the text of a line in normal format. This causes the alignment of tabs in the line to look normal. -L label --label=label Use the label label for the brackets output by the -A, -E and -X options. This option may be given up to three times, one for each input file. The default labels are the names of the input files. Thus diff3 -L X -L Y -L Z -m A B C acts like diff3 -m A B C , except that the output looks like it came from files named X, Y and Z rather than from files named A, B and C. -m --merge Apply the edit script to the first file and send the result to standard output. Unlike piping the output from diff3 to ed, this works even for binary files and incomplete lines. -A is assumed if no edit script option is specified. --overlap-only Like -e, except output only the overlapping changes. --show-all Incorporate all unmerged changes from older to yours into mine, surrounding all overlapping changes with bracket lines. --show-overlap Like -e, except bracket lines from overlapping changes' first and third files. -T Output a tab rather than two spaces before the text of a line in normal format. This causes the alignment of tabs in the line to look normal. --text Treat all files as text and compare them line-by-line, even if they do not appear to be text. -v --version Output the version number of diff3. -x Like -e, except output only the overlapping changes. -X Like -E, except output only the overlapping changes. In other words, like -x, except bracket changes as in -E. -3 Like -e, except output only the nonoverlapping changes. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), comm(1), diff(1), ed(1), patch(1), sdiff(1). DIAGNOSTICS
An exit status of 0 means diff3 was successful, 1 means some conflicts were found, and 2 means trouble. GNU Tools 22sep1993 DIFF3(1)