Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting connect to SQL server from shell script Post 302480547 by amitbhelave on Wednesday 15th of December 2010 09:03:11 AM
Old 12-15-2010
hi DGPickett,
Thanks for a quick reply.

Can you please explain it in steps....it's bit confusing for a beginner like me ??
I'll be great if you can share links as well.

Cheers
Amit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Connect From VB to SQL Server

Dear All Now I can't connect from VB to Sybase on Unix. How could I do? Please help me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Than Chanroeun
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for how to connect to a remote server by using ssh

i want to connect to a remote server through ssh. i have to also provide password within that script. after connecting to the remote server i want to do some operations like grep,cd etc can u pls help me to wite a script. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: millan
1 Replies

3. Programming

How to write a shell script to connect to another server?

Hello friends I want to write a script in which I will connect to my friends network. I want to use SSH. Even they can use the script to log into my network and copy files. ssh user@hostname command I know the following command will help me to log into Google's servers and see all the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Angelo
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to connect to another server and copying files

Hi Unix Gurus, I have a doubt reg file transfer. I have used the below script to connect to another server and find files having modified for the last 24 hours and have to move the file to another server. While i tried i am getting authentication failed, destination path not found issue. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: incepted
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to SQL server from shell script

Hi all, I need to connect to SQL server from shell script. Then need to execute queries from shell script. Kindly let me know on how to do this Thanks, Ananthi.U (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
1 Replies

6. Solaris

connect to SQL server from shell script

Hi all, I need to connect to SQL server from shell script. Then need to execute queries from shell script as below 1. To compare values of an array with SQL table's entry. Kindly let me know on how to do this Thanks, Double post. Continue here (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbhelave
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Connect from ksh script to SQL server

I need to connect sql server 2008 from korn shell script. Can you please give me the script which connects sql server 2008 from korn shell script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshhegde
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to connect from one server to other

Dear Experts, I am new to the shell scripting. I am looking for a shell script to connect to one Unix/Linux server1 to other Unix/Linux server2 and trigger a SAP Event in that server2 (Which will trigger a job in SAP). Is this possible to connect from one server to the other server securely... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venu V Reddy
7 Replies

9. AIX

Connect to a SQL server from AIX

Hello aix community, After scouring the internet to find a step by step process, I've exhausted my efforts. Although I have learned a lot which brings me to this forum. I'm totally new and hope to ask the right questions. What is the easiest way to connect to a SQL server from aix? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechStudent36
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to connect to Oracle server from shell script

Hi, I am facing an issue in connecting to database from Linux shell script. Here is my code export ORACLE_BASE=xxx export ORACLE_SID=xxx export ORACLE_HOME=xxxx DB_PATH=xxx/'yyy@yy' UserId=`sqlplus -s $DB_PATH <<EOF set head off feedback off select max(USER_ID)+1 from USERS;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvi
6 Replies
ADSL-SETUP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     ADSL-SETUP(8)

NAME
adsl-setup - Shell script to configure Roaring Penguin PPPoE client SYNOPSIS
adsl-setup DESCRIPTION
adsl-setup is a shell script which prompts you for various pieces of information and sets up an /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 configuration script for the adsl-start, adsl-stop and adsl-connect scripts. AUTHOR
adsl-setup was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), adsl-start(8), adsl-stop(8), adsl-connect(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), adsl-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-relay(8), pppoe- server(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 ADSL-SETUP(8)