Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: service status in AIX
Operating Systems AIX service status in AIX Post 302480101 by life008 on Tuesday 14th of December 2010 03:46:26 AM
Old 12-14-2010
service status in AIX

good afternoon to all

hay i m new in AIX. my problem is that.....plz tell me how to see " service status" in AIX Becoz i run /etc/rc.d/rc.2/Sbesclientd so its show below like this
Code:
bash-3.2$ sudo  /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/SBESClientd status
Usage: /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/SBESClientd { start | stop }

I knew that i can see through PS command...but in other linux flavour as i can see service status.....service vsftpd status through this command..

so is it any command to see service status in AIX except ps command..

Last edited by zaxxon; 12-16-2010 at 07:19 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Aix - Service Pack

I've recently installed ServicePack1 for Tecnology_Level 9 of AIX 5.2 . The result of installation is "OK" but with oslevel -s i dont see the service pack installed .... after many research i try (with many luck!!) instfix -i|grep SP and the result : All filesets for 5200-08-01_SP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BabylonRocker
1 Replies

2. Linux

Ftp Service /process Status

:confused: Hi Can anyone tell me how to check the FTP process status in linux . eg,I'm ftpping some files from "A" server to "B" server through FTP command , after ftpping these files , I 'm suppose to delete the files which are successfully ftpped from "A" server ,but when I 'm checking the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GaneshB
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Monitor Service Status

Hey guys how do you determined the status of a certain service if its running or not aside from using ps. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbn
0 Replies

4. Solaris

How can i know service status in solaris8,9?

How can i know service status and its dependencies in solaris 8,9? Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Service Packs

Can anyone out there let me know what is the *common* Technology Level and Service Pack that everyone is at? I am at 5300-06-04-0748 on all of my LPARs. Also- does anyone have any guidelinies to rolling out new TL and Sps? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seacros
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

#service --status-all : screen flickering

hi there when i run #service --status-all or #service nfs status the screen flickers if i ssh from remote system than i dont have flickering on the remote nor that system. is it something to do with probably display configuration. ? and which file are the display setting... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

service exit status

what are the number for the exit status for command service and what does every number mean. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding service status on windows from Linux

Hi all, Please advise how do i find services status running on windows machines from Linux. =-===================== Some one developed a script use rsh command to find the status but it stopped working. rsh <Some IIS server Name> service -S < Windows Server name where service running>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish_uiit
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

script killing a process from service status output

Hello, can some please suggest a script, for killing the process PID. This are steps I am currently performing to kill the process. I cant user service splunk stop, to kill these processes, because of uid and gid mismatch for splunk user. # service splunk status Splunk status: splunkd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show service status in dialog

Hello is it possible to show current status of service like cron with dialog ? something that show the output of service crond status in top of menu: dialog --title "Administrator" --menu "Please choose an option:" 20 55 10 \ 1 "Add New USER" \ 2 "List all user" \ 3 "Remove user" \ 4... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
6 Replies
SERVICE(8)                                                    System Manager's Manual                                                   SERVICE(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script or systemd unit in as predictable an environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with the current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT, or the name of a systemd unit. The existence of a systemd unit of the same name as a script in /etc/init.d will cause the unit to take precedence over the init.d script. The supported val- ues of COMMAND depend on the invoked script. service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS to the init script unmodified. For systemd units, start, stop, status, and reload are passed through to their systemctl/initctl equivalents. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start command. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. The status is [ + ] for running services, [ - ] for stopped services and [ ? ] for services without a status command. This option only calls status for sysvinit jobs. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. /{lib,run,etc}/systemd/system The directories containing systemd units. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, LANGUAGE, LC_CTYPE, LC_NUMERIC, LC_TIME, LC_COLLATE, LC_MONETARY, LC_MESSAGES, LC_PAPER, LC_NAME, LC_ADDRESS, LC_TELEPHONE, LC_MEA- SUREMENT, LC_IDENTIFICATION, LC_ALL, TERM, PATH The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton update-rc.d(8) init(8) invoke-rc.d(8) systemctl(1) AUTHOR
Miloslav Trmac <mitr@redhat.com>, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> Licence: GNU Public Licence v2 (GPLv2) COPYRIGHT
2006 Red Hat, Inc., Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> Jan 206 SERVICE(8)