Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to change the window size of Linux console in VMware? Post 302479495 by vic005 on Saturday 11th of December 2010 01:02:00 AM
Old 12-11-2010
CPU & Memory How to change the window size of Linux console in VMware?

The console's window size in VMware is too small. How can I change it?

I mean changing the window size of pseudo terminals such as tty1, not the kde desktop.

I think it may be connected to resolution.But changing resolution in the menu.lst of grub doesn't work.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Different font size in Unix and Window

Hi, i will like to enquire whether anybody got encountered this problem before. When i try to print a report in pdf from window to the printer the size is what i want but when i batch print from Unix , calling a batch job the report that are generated out from the printer is of bigger font , why is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blueberry80
0 Replies

2. Solaris

ioctl() fails to get window size from console login

Hi, I need to get the console window size for an application, for which I used ioctl() by passing the TIOCGWINSZ parameter. The ioctl() function does not fail (returns non zero), but it could not get the window size (gets 0x0). When I tried to verify the window size by the stty -a command, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diganta
2 Replies

3. Linux

Why is linux console window in VMWare so small?

I install linux in VMWare, but Its console window is too small, Its size is 80*25, I can't change it even though I use full srceen mode in VMWare.How can I do? please help me! Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChaoZhang
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to clear a cluttered DDD console window ?

During debugging, usually after printing the backtrace, I find that the console window looks cluttered. How would I clear the console window, to have a fresh start ??? Note: By DDD, I mean the Data Display Debugger, which is a graphical front end for GDB (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RipClaw
0 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Resize the default window size

Hi, How can I resize the terminal window's default size in CDE (Solaris)? Regards, Sharif. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharif
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

7. AIX

Unable to Switch tasks when trying to open console window in HMC

Hi, I am trying to open a console window through the HMC. When I choose to do this the toolbar at the top left of the HMC screen show 'Open Terminal Window'. However when I click on it I am getting the error - "The tsak you want to switch to is an applet based task, which dowes not support... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

size of the terminal window

Hi, I am programming a script that shows a figure on screen but I would be centered, so What I have to use command to get the size of the window? Thanks a lot, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gengis-Kahn
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

telnet window size question

Hello! I'm writing a small telnet client using Erlang and the gen_tcp library. I receive IAC WILL ECHO and IAC WILL SUPPRESS_GO_AHEAD which I respond to. Then I receive various text output from the server, and then this: resize: unknown character, exiting. I'm curious as to why I do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gustav
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty - window size

Hi Guys, When I use putty and maximize it, then the second half of the emulator window is not utilized and used! I mean the mouse cursor is at the half of the page not at the bottom! i have to once minimize and maximize the window to tell putty that i am going to use the maxmized window...is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
4 Replies
glutReshapeWindow(3GLUT)					       GLUT						  glutReshapeWindow(3GLUT)

NAME
glutReshapeWindow - requests a change to the size of the current window. SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> void glutReshapeWindow(int width, int height); ARGUMENTS
width New width of window in pixels. height New height of window in pixels. DESCRIPTION
glutReshapeWindow requests a change in the size of the current window. The width and height parameters are size extents in pixels. The width and height must be positive values. The requests by glutReshapeWindow are not processed immediately. The request is executed after returning to the main event loop. This allows multiple glutReshapeWindow, glutPositionWindow, and glutFullScreen requests to the same window to be coalesced. In the case of top-level windows, a glutReshapeWindow call is considered only a request for sizing the window. The window system is free to apply its own policies to top-level window sizing. The intent is that top-level windows should be reshaped according glutReshapeWindow's parameters. Whether a reshape actually takes effect and, if so, the reshaped dimensions are reported to the program by a reshape callback. glutReshapeWindow disables the full screen status of a window if previously enabled. SEE ALSO
glutPositionWindow, glutReshapeFunc AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutReshapeWindow(3GLUT)