Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: printf Hexadecimal output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting printf Hexadecimal output Post 302479330 by methyl on Friday 10th of December 2010 10:26:13 AM
Old 12-10-2010
Thanks Scrutinizer. It's just unbroken my script!

Just for interest I had been having a go at this post but expanding the problem to any character.

Convert clear text into binary

Last edited by methyl; 12-10-2010 at 11:35 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help please...output problems with printf.

#include <stdio.h> #include <math.h> // this function calculates the volume of a Cylinder int main(void) { int r; // radius int h; // height double M_PI; // pi int pOne = pow (r, 2); // get user input of radius and height printf ("Enter your... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwanda
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format the output using float in awk{printf}

Hi I'm using awk to manipulate the data in the 6th field of the file xxx_yyy.hrv. The sample data that is available in this field is given below 220731.7100000000000000 When i tried using this command cat xxx_yyy.hrv | awk '{printf("%23.16f\n",$6*-1)}' I get the output as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelarosh
4 Replies

3. Programming

capture the output of printf into another variable

Hi , I wonder if in java I can pipe the below output of the printf into a variable: System.out.printf(" This is a test %s\n", myVariable); I want to keep the output of the printf command to create my history array. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK conversion of hexadecimal input to decimal output via printf, I am close I can feel it

I have searched and the answers I have found thus far have led me to this point, so I feel I am just about there. I am trying to convert a column of hexadecimal to decimal values so that I can filter out via grep just the data I want. I was able to pull my original 3 character hex value and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: PCGameGuy
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with awk printf, formatted output

Hi, i have a script, which is incomplete, am on my way developing it. Input 1,12,2012,IF_TB001 2,12,2012,3K3 3,Z56,00000,25,229,K900,00, ,3G3, ,USD, ,0000000000,000, , , , 550000000 3,Z56,00000,53,411,W225,00,000, , ,USD,OM170,0000000000,000, , , , -550000000 4,Z56,COUNT, 4,SUM LOC,... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excel table like output with printf

Hi All; I try to create a excel like table with headers and some fields containing values, other long and complex mathematic formulas. I have some header like : Name Formula Value True/False Under name column, they are some formula names, formula column some long mathematic formulas... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: reseki
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Managing output... echo or printf?

Hello script guru's as i write more and more code i always block at managing output... either writing to standard out, writing to files via std out (log, temp file, etc). Don't get me wrong 99% of the time it DOES the job but maybe there is more efficient. I'm writing a small script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use printf to output a shell variable path?

So I created two shell variables: COLUMN1_HEADING, COLUMN2_HEADING. They have values: COLUMN1_HEADING="John" COLUMN2_HEADING="123456789" How would I use printf to get it to print an output like this: $COLUMN1_HEADING\t$COLUMN2_HEADING\nJohn\t123456789\n Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steezuschrist96
3 Replies
WMGRABIMGAE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    WMGRABIMGAE(1)

NAME
WMGRABIMGAE - Dockable WWW Image monitor. SYNOPSIS
wmGrabImage [-h] [-display <Display>] -url <Image URL> [-http <URL>] [-c] [-delay <Time>] DESCRIPTION
wmGrabImage is a WindowMaker DockApp that maintains a small thumbnail copy of your favorite image from the WWW. The image to monitor is specified via the "-url <Image URL>" command-line option and it gets updated approximately every 5 minutes. The update interval can be overridden via the "-delay <Time>" command-line option (Time is in seconds). Each of the three mouse buttons can be double clicked with the following effects; Left Mouse: Brings up the full-sized image in xv. Middle Mouse: Sends a URL (specified via the -http <URL> command-line option) to an already running netscape process or in a new netscape process if there arent any running. Right Mouse: Updates the image immediately. OPTIONS
-h Display list of command-line options. -display [display] Use an alternate X Display. -url <Image URL> The URL of the WWW image to monitor. -http <URL> The URL to send to netscape via a Middle double click. -c Center the image vertically within the icon. -delay <Time> The time between updates. The default is about 5 minutes. FILES
The original sized image and the thumbnail XPM image are both stored in ~/.wmGrabImage/ which gets created if it doesnt already exist. SEE ALSO
wget and the ImageMagick convert utility. BUGS
Who knows? -- its still Beta though. (Let me know if you find any). Oldish versions of the ImageMagick convert utility have a memory leak -- if you have that problem, upgrade to the latest version. AUTHOR
Michael G. Henderson <mghenderson@lanl.gov> 16 December 1998 WMGRABIMGAE(1)