Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LVM extent size
Operating Systems Linux LVM extent size Post 302477688 by mark54g on Monday 6th of December 2010 07:48:31 AM
Old 12-06-2010
Yes, one caveat to really concern yourself is the largest lv size allowable by your extent size.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Size of LVM header in non bootable disk

hi, i have a query regarding the size of the LVM header. Since the LVM header of a bootable disk is always 2912KB. The header size of a non bootable disk is not fixed. In Bootable disk after the LVM header (2912 KB=5824 sectors)the user data starts or we can say LV extents starts. If i extend any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorayen
0 Replies

2. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

file system full (1 block extent)

When i run dmesg, I get the following message which clearly indicates that the file system is full. Please let me know what does (1 block extent) means in the following error message? msgcnt 1 vxfs : mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/vg00/lvol4 file system full (1 block extent) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adams Nave
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to reduce LVM to create another LVM

Hi, I'm new to HP-UX. I have LVM on /var with 92Gig. I would like to reduce it to create another LVM for Oracle client with 800 meg or so. How to do it. I'm running 11.iv3 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file size and send email only if size > 0.

Hi Experts, I have a script like $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password # << ENDSQL set pagesize 0 trim on feedback off verify off echo off newp none timing off set serveroutput on set heading off spool Schemaerrtmp.txt select ' TIMESTAMP COMPUTER NAME ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Block-based allocation and Extent-based allocation in Solaris

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's this figure about? (See the attached figure below.) This is a representation of block allocation filesystem and extent allocation filesystem in Solaris. Does this mean that in a block-based allocation, data are placed in individual blocks while in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to reduce the LVM Size in RHEL/Centos 7 ?

Hi All, I have one logical volume with size as 900G and it is mounted as xfs file system. Now I want to reduce this partition to 500G. So I followed the below steps. unmount the mount point /home Reduced the volume using the command Now I remounted the partition. But the problem... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
3 Replies
thr_min_stack(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					 thr_min_stack(3C)

NAME
thr_min_stack - return the minimum-allowable size for a thread's stack SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file...[ library... ] #include <thread.h> size_t thr_min_stack(void); DESCRIPTION
When a thread is created with a user-supplied stack, the user must reserve enough space to run this thread. In a dynamically linked execu- tion environment, it is very hard to know what the minimum stack requirments are for a thread. The function thr_min_stack() returns the amount of space needed to execute a null thread. This is a thread that was created to execute a null procedure. A thread that does some- thing useful should have a stack size that is thr_min_stack() + <some increment>. Most users should not be creating threads with user-supplied stacks. This functionality was provided to support applications that wanted complete control over their execution environment. Typically, users should let the threads library manage stack allocation. The threads library provides default stacks which should meet the requirements of any created thread. thr_min_stack() will return the unsigned int THR_MIN_STACK, which is the minimum-allowable size for a thread's stack. In this implementation the default size for a user-thread's stack is one mega-byte. If the second argument to thr_create(3C) is NULL, then the default stack size for the newly-created thread will be used. Otherwise, you may specify a stack-size that is at least THR_MIN_STACK, yet less than the size of your machine's virtual memory. It is recommended that the default stack size be used. To determine the smallest-allowable size for a thread's stack, execute the following: /* cc thisfile.c -lthread */ #define _REENTRANT #include <thread.h> #include <stdio.h> main() { printf("thr_min_stack() returns %u ",thr_min_stack()); } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 12 May 1998 thr_min_stack(3C)