Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX SDD
Operating Systems AIX AIX SDD Post 302476913 by dukessd on Thursday 2nd of December 2010 08:59:30 PM
Old 12-02-2010
I think it just means no SDD devices were found.
Check your storage and SAN zoning.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

IBM SDD on Sun

I just installed IBMsddsun64_........... on my sun server. I untarred it (tar xvf) & I tried to install the paxkage. When I did pkgadd -d ./IBMsdd..... I get a message Error, no packages were found. Any idea Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Remi
1 Replies

2. AIX

urgent problems with ESS SAN, SDD upgrade on AIX 5.3 server

Hi all, Sorry if this is in the wrong place but needed to make sure lots of people saw this so that hopefully someone will be able to help. Basically i've upgraded a test server from 4.3 to 5.3 TL04. The server has hdisk0 and 1 as rootvg locally but then has another vg setup on our ESS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: djdavies
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with SDD, SAN ESS and AIX 5.3 Host

Hi all, Sorry if this is in the wrong place but needed to make sure lots of people saw this so that hopefully someone will be able to help. Basically i've upgraded a test server from 4.3 to 5.3 TL04. The server has hdisk0 and 1 as rootvg locally but then has another vg setup on our ESS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djdavies
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SDD for SVC on HP-UX and LINUX

Hello Unix Admins: Has any one in this distribution list implemented SVC (SAN Volume Contoller - A solution from IBM) in your environment? If you have, do you have any do's / don'ts? Anything which you like sharing would be really appreciated. For example, my inputs: I tried implementing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdossjojo
1 Replies

5. AIX

SDD SDDPCM MPIO lspath Jargon

Can anyone recommend me some reading material surrounding how AIX handles LUNs: - with and without MPIO installed - with and without SDD or SDDPCM installed Where does lspath sit in all of this (MPIO layer?). Can a system be built with just MPIO software? Is MPIO software even needed? I guess... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apra143
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

IBM SDD driver

I was wondering if there is a way of auto-detecting a new vpath, using IBM's SDD driver, on a Linux platform. ON AIX it is a simple as running cfgmgr. Alan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanp
0 Replies

7. AIX

AIX with SDD to VIOed SDDPCM?

Hi folks. We want to move a "physical" AIX box to a VIOed LPAR. The physical box is running SDD with disks from a DS8300. I want to be able to reattach those LUNs from the DS8300 to my VIO server which is running SDDPCM and then assigned them back to my AIX LPAR. Any thoughts about this? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stephan
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

DELL M910 with RedHat Linux 5.5 getting "Buffer I/O error on device sdd"

Dear Guru, IHAC who is using Redhat Linux 5 on DELL M910. When system bootup, it show "Buffer I/O error on device sdd" error message. Below is the "dmesg" output. The scenario is: If more external FC SAN disk LUN add, the device would change other name. So it will impact the raw device... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: devyfong
7 Replies

9. AIX

hdisk status in sdd volume groups

hi all we recently upgraded our san switches. after that, i found i got many hdisks showing in lsdev with status "Defined" and "Available". the number of "Defined" is equal to "Available". the time stamp shows all "Available" disks created at our downtime night. "datapath query device"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rs6000er
0 Replies

10. AIX

Need Help with SDD / SDDPCM / MPIO

This is getting very confusing for me, and appreciate if someone can help. Platform: Power VM ( Virtual I/O Server) ioslevel 2.1.3.10-FP23 # oslevel -s 6100-05-00-0000 Storage: IBM DS4300 Two HBAs - Dual Port Fibre Adapter Channels Each card has two ports , so a total of 4 ports going... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies
fp(7d)								      Devices								    fp(7d)

NAME
fp - Sun Fibre Channel port driver DESCRIPTION
The fp driver is a Sun fibre channel nexus driver that enables fibre channel topology discovery, device discovery, fibre channel adapter port management and other capabilities through well-defined fibre channel adapter driver interfaces. The fp driver requires the presence of a fabric name server in fabric and public loop topologies to discover fibre channel devices. In pri- vate loop topologies, the driver discovers devices by performing PLOGI to all valid AL_PAs, provided that devices do not participate in LIRP and LILP stages of loop initialization. CONFIGURATION
The fp driver is configured by defining properties in the fp.conf file. The fp driver supports the following properties: mpxio-disable Solaris I/O multipathing is enabled or disabled on fibre channel devices with the mpxio-disable property. Specifying mpxio-disable="no" activates I/O multipathing, while mpxio-disable="yes" disables the feature. Solaris I/O multipathing may be enabled or disabled on a per port basis. Per port settings override the global setting for the specified ports. The following example shows how to disable multipathing on port 0 whose parent is /pci@8,600000/SUNW,qlc@4: name="fp" parent="/pci@8,600000/SUNW,qlc@4" port=0 mpxio-disable="yes"; manual_configuration_only Automatic configuration of SCSI devices in the fabric is enabled by default and thus allows all devices discovered in the SAN zone to be enumerated in the kernel's device tree automatically. The manual_configuration_only property may be configured to disable the default behavior and force the manual configuration of the devices in the SAN. Specifying manual_configuration_only=1 disables the automatic con- figuration of devices. FILES
/kernel/drv/fp 32-bit ELF kernel driver (x86) /kernel/drv/amd64/fp 64-bit ELF kernel driver (x86) /kernel/drv/sparcv9/fp 64-bit ELF kernel driver (SPARC) /kernel/drv/fp.conf fp driver configuration file. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |mpxio-disable |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |manual_configuration_only |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfctl | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cfgadm_fp(1M), prtconf(1M), stmsboot(1M), driver.conf(4), attributes(5), fcp(7D), fctl(7D), scsi_vhci(7D) Writing Device Drivers Fibre Channel Physical and Signaling Interface (FC-PH) ANSI X3.230: 1994 Fibre Channel Generic Services (FC-GS-2) Project 1134-D Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC-AL) ANSI X3.272-1996 Fibre Channel Protocol for SCSI (FCP) ANSI X3.269-1996 SCSI-3 Architecture Model (SAM) Fibre Channel Private Loop SCSI Direct Attach (FC-PLDA) ANSI X3.270-1996 SCSI Direct Attach (FC-PLDA) ANSI X3.270-1996 SCSI Direct Attach (FC-PLDA) NCITS TR-19:1998 Fabric Loop Attachment (FC-FLA), NCITS TR-20:1998 SunOS 5.10 2 Dec 2004 fp(7d)