Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers X-Windows help in Windows XP using XMing Post 302473768 by vbe on Monday 22nd of November 2010 10:22:09 AM
Old 11-22-2010
Its really going to be difficult to help you here, since it is unclear what your application is asking for people like us not knowing the product, but we could help you get your X-sever working on your PC and from then on try to see...
For that when Xming is running, have you tried to connect via putty or Xming to a solaris?
If you can, lauch a small X appl. like xclock, type the next commands and send us the info (DISPLAY=....)
Code:
xclock &
echo $DISPLAY

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Xming Vs ssh connect to RHEL server from Windows machine

I am able to connect a RHEL server from my Windows machine using Putty (via ssh). My question is what is the advantage of using Xming instead of Putty? Is it that Xming would enable a graphical connect from the Windows machine to RHEL server? I hope my question is clear that what is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Seen Windows pc, having all the features of Linux, could exe, read and edit save like windows

Hi, totally new to linux base using windows when started learning and using computers. but i remember that one pc was there , look alike windows desktop, but could not do the task as windows just click and open and view edit etc. But, you could do a little differently even saving in and opening... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraju
8 Replies
cmappmgr(1m)															      cmappmgr(1m)

NAME
cmappmgr - launches and monitors an application process on a node SYNOPSIS
cmappmgr -node node_name [-cmappserver_timeout number_of_seconds] -service service_name DESCRIPTION
cmappmgr launches and monitors the specified application process on a specified node. The cmappserver(1m) daemon process must be running on the specified node, and there must be a routable TCP/IP network between the specified node and the local host where cmappmgr(1m) is run. cmappmgr exits when the application process exits. Options cmappmgr supports the following options: -node node_name Name of the node on which to launch the application process. -cmappserver_timeut number_of_seconds The number of seconds that must elapse before cmappmgr times out the connection with cmappserver on the specified node. This is optional. The default value is 10 seconds. The maximum value that can be specified is 600 seconds, and the mini- mum value is 1 second. -service service_name The full command line for the application or process to be launched. Note that -service must be the last argument speci- fied for cmappmgr as all strings following the argument are considered as part of the command line to launch the applica- tion process. Quotation marks ("") are not required. RETURN VALUE
cmappmgr returns the following value upon completion: 0 Successful completion. >= 1 One or more error conditions occurred. The value generally reflects the exit code of the process. If, for any reason, the process fails to launch on the specified node (for example, because of an error connecting to cmappserver), cmappmgr exits with 1. EXAMPLES
To launch an xclock application on the node v-smp1: cmappmgr -node v-smp1 -service /usr/bin/X11/xclock -display 16:89:255:19:0.0 AUTHOR
cmappmgr was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmappserver(1m). Designing high-availability solutions with HP Serviceguard and HP Integrity Virtual Machines Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmappmgr(1m)