Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers X-Windows help in Windows XP using XMing Post 302473671 by firstmode on Monday 22nd of November 2010 03:53:28 AM
Old 11-22-2010
X-Windows help in Windows XP using XMing

Hello!

I need some help for a business application I am attempting to get working within Windows using X-Windows.

The application is Ericsson CDMA C-EMS V1702 and the tool allows a user to remotely log into an Ericsson/Nortel CDMA Base Station Manager server at a Mobile Telephone Switching Office.

I hope I can explain this well, I will include screen shots:

Here are the steps I follow:

---------- Post updated at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:55 AM ----------

I have Xming installed in windows:

---------- Post updated at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:02 AM ----------

My question is this:

In this Ericsson program, it has a message saying:

"The Preferred configuration is to have it set to a multi-window mode so each application can be launched in a single window"

"Provide the Display and Screen number that are configured in the external X-Server. You will need to start the X-Server before you can start the remote applications. Make sure that the Display and Screen used matches the one in the external X-Server"

So when I setup XMing, all I see is a display number, which is 0.

When I input 0 for both boxes, nothing comes up.

What do you guys think?

---------- Post updated at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:29 AM ----------

Here is what comes up when I click on "View Log"

Welcome to the Xming X Server
Vendor: Colin Harrison
Release: 6.9.0.31
FreeType2: 2.3.4

Xming :0 -multiwindow -clipboard

XdmcpRegisterConnection: newAddress 10.188.145.28
winAdjustVideoModeShadowGDI - Using Windows display depth of 32 bits per pixel
winAllocateFBShadowGDI - Creating DIB with width: 3360 height: 1050 depth: 32
winInitVisualsShadowGDI - Masks 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff BPRGB 8 d 24 bpp 32
glWinInitVisuals:1596: glWinInitVisuals
glWinInitVisualConfigs:1503: glWinInitVisualConfigs glWinSetVisualConfigs:1581: glWinSetVisualConfigs
init_visuals:1055: init_visuals
null screen fn ReparentWindow
null screen fn RestackWindow
InitQueue - Calling pthread_mutex_init
InitQueue - pthread_mutex_init returned
InitQueue - Calling pthread_cond_init
InitQueue - pthread_cond_init returned
winInitMultiWindowWM - Hello
winInitMultiWindowWM - Calling pthread_mutex_lock ()
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - Hello
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - Calling pthread_mutex_lock ()
glWinScreenProbe:1390: glWinScreenProbe
fixup_visuals:1303: fixup_visuals
init_screen_visuals:1336: init_screen_visuals
(--) 5 mouse buttons found
(--) Setting autorepeat to delay=500, rate=31
(--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "00000409" (00000409)
(--) Using preset keyboard for "English (USA)" (409), type "4"
Could not init font path element F:\Program Files\Xming/fonts/misc/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element F:\Program Files\Xming/fonts/TTF/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element F:\Program Files\Xming/fonts/Type1/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element F:\Program Files\Xming/fonts/75dpi/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element F:\Program Files\Xming/fonts/100dpi/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element C:\Program Files\Xming\fonts\dejavu, removing from list!
Could not init font path element C:\Program Files\Xming\fonts\cyrillic, removing from list!
Could not init font path element C:\WINDOWS\Fonts, removing from list!
winInitMultiWindowWM - pthread_mutex_lock () returned.
winInitMultiWindowWM - pthread_mutex_unlock () returned.
winInitMultiWindowWM - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - pthread_mutex_lock () returned.
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - pthread_mutex_unlock () returned.
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
winProcEstablishConnection - Hello
winInitClipboard ()
winProcEstablishConnection - winInitClipboard returned.
winClipboardProc - Hello
DetectUnicodeSupport - Windows XP
winClipboardProc - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the display.
winInitMultiWindowWM - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the display.
winClipboardProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the display.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Xming Vs ssh connect to RHEL server from Windows machine

I am able to connect a RHEL server from my Windows machine using Putty (via ssh). My question is what is the advantage of using Xming instead of Putty? Is it that Xming would enable a graphical connect from the Windows machine to RHEL server? I hope my question is clear that what is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Seen Windows pc, having all the features of Linux, could exe, read and edit save like windows

Hi, totally new to linux base using windows when started learning and using computers. but i remember that one pc was there , look alike windows desktop, but could not do the task as windows just click and open and view edit etc. But, you could do a little differently even saving in and opening... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraju
8 Replies