Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming writing a shell program in ubuntu Post 302473559 by Scott on Sunday 21st of November 2010 10:46:43 AM
Old 11-21-2010
Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

I'm writing a new Linux program!

Yep, that's right. I'm writing a Linux binary that requires an X11 Server. It will also be released in a Shell, Win32, and Cocoa (Mac OS X). It's a program that's a text editor and more. It not just creates TXT and RTF files, it also can save in XML, RSS, and a whole lot of other formats. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danny_10
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

writing a program

i have written a very simple program in the vi editor, how do i now make it an executable file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlvernon
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on a program I'm writing

Hey guys.. I'm trying to learn how to script in bash... THIS IS NOT AN ASSIGNMENT but my instructor says to learn you must practice I'm trying to add to a program I'm writing that will print and save raw data... What syntax commands would I use to write them? And Thank you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmosheye
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Having trouble writing a basic shell program

Hello. I'm trying to write a shell script that will take files that have .tar, .tar.gz, .tar.Z, .gz, .Z and .zip file extensions and uncompress and unarchive them. The script should be able to take multiple arguments. So far I can write a script using the case command that will do this but it will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeanWuzHere
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing math testing program

Can anyone create a program that would test the math skills of the user. Assume that it would test integer addition, The program should ask the question,collect the integer response, evaluate and notify the user if their answer was correct or incorrect. I would assume integers in the range... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccp
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with writing a program

Hi guys I'm having trouble with trying to create a script which calculates the grade of a student and the marks out of 300. The grades are: 0-49% fail 50-59% pass 60-69% credit pass 70-79% distinction 80-100% high distinction less than 0 or greater than 100 displays error message. My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CompNoob
1 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

need help writing a program to look for doubles

to determine if two two doubles are equal, we check to see if their absolute difference is very close to zero. . .if two numbers are less than .00001 apart, theyre equal. keep a count field in each record (as you did in p5). once the list is complete, ask the user to see if an element is on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rickym2626
2 Replies

8. Programming

Writing C++ program Arguments and Classes

I want to write a C++ program that uses a class to do some calculations. I pass arguments to the program, some of which are used to set up class members. A class function will then perform the necessary calculations. I am wondering how I should pass the arguments from the program to set the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with writing a tee program in 4 hours

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Basic Assignment Write a program similar to the Unix "tee" command. Program The Unix "tee" command is used to pull out copies of a data stream. It is typically used in conjunction with pipes (analogous to a T-joint in plumbing, hence... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: izzy077
1 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need help writing a shell script program

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write the a shell script program to remove all space characters stored in the shell variable TEXT.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kofine05
7 Replies
lp-shell(1)						      General Commands Manual						       lp-shell(1)

NAME
lp-shell - Open an interactive launchpadlib shell. SYNOPSIS
lp-shell [-a] [-cPROGRAM] [--python] [--ipython] [service] [LP API version] DESCRIPTION
lp-shell opens an interactive Python shell with a launchpadlib.Launchpad object "lp" which is ready for use. It authenticates against Launchpad with the consumer name "udt-lp-shell". When using lp-shell with the -a option it will use the anonymous login from launchpadlib.Launchpad. By default lp-shell connects to the "production" Launchpad service using the "1.0" LP API version. If you want to connect to another Launchpad service, call lp-shell with the service name as the second argument. lp-shell supports all ser- vices known by launchpadlib Python module. Currently known are (list can be incomplete or outdated): "production", "staging", "dogfood". A different LP API version can be selected by passing the API version to use as the third argument. Current supported are: "beta", "1.0" and "devel". OPTIONS
-a Login anonymously into Launchpad. -c PROGRAM Don't enter a shell but only run the specified Python program and exit. --ipython Use an ipython shell if available (default). --python Use a regular python shell. AUTHORS
lp-shell was written by Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@ubuntu.com>. It is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or (at your option) any later version. lptools 27 March 2010 lp-shell(1)