Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Capture http response code from wget Post 302472596 by frans on Wednesday 17th of November 2010 02:17:31 PM
Old 11-17-2010
(($?==202)) will return 0 if $? is 202

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget using wildcards using http

Hi there, probably a really simple question but i want to download all .rpm files from a web repository which happens to be http and not ftp Ive tried using wget, but as far as i can see it doesnt allow for wilcards (ie wget http://address/*.rpm) does anybody know i can get all these files in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Response Code using wget in shell

I am trying to get the status code of a web request,size of the download file and response time using wget. When i use the command: wget <sitename> ,it gives all these parameters in the command line.But i want to get these values seperately and assign in different variables using shell script.Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajbal
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cant make a http get request using wget

Hi all, Im trying to make an http get request to a web service from a linux machine like below and i get ERROR 500 wget http://10.1.21.236:8585/pns.asmx/Sen...&msgBody=werty 25018 $ --19:06:32-- http://10.1.21.236:8585/pns.asmx/Sen...erName=serverA Connecting to 10.1.21.236:8585...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elthox
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture RSA fingerprint from ssh response

Hi. I'm trying to automate access to an Amazon Web Services machine instance. What this means is that my script is trying to use ssh to connect to a new server every time. I know the RSA fingerprint of my new server through an out-of-band channel. I would like to capture the RSA fingerprint... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chorlton
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to access http site using wget through proxy

Hi there I am currently trying to access an http site using the wget utility from a solaris box. I am going through proxies to do this and we have two types of proxies. For the first one, which is a netcache proxy, I am able to use the wget command to export the proxy information export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: memonks
2 Replies

6. Programming

how to capture OS name using C/C++ code

Hi, I want to know the os name via c/c++ source code.so please help me to do the same. I will appreciate if anyone can provide me the source code. Thanks in advance.. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
9 Replies

7. Solaris

HTTP error while downloading solaris patches using wget

Hello, I am getting a HTTP error while downloading solaris patches using wget. 'Downloading unsigned patch 113096-03. --2010-06-18 03:51:15-- http://sunsolve.sun.com/pdownload.pl?target=113096-03&method=h Resolving sunsolve.sun.com (sunsolve.sun.com)... 192.18.108.40 Connecting to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunny_a_j
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

WGET command retrying to get response

Hi , Iam using " WGET " command to hit the URL,i.e. servlet url. I can trigger the servlet using wget but when servlet is not responding this command retries automatically until it get the positive response from the server. So this script is running for more than 8 hrs to get the positive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothsekark
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Getting the response code and to know whether web site is loaded

Hi Guys, Is there any way that we can know whether a website is fullly loaded with Linux command line ?? is there any command in Linux that can achieve that ?? Also,naturally I would also like to get the response code of the particular website/URL that i am testing for ?? Any help would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_1990
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check wget return code

hello check this script it jump to else part, in n both cases, (if files exist or not) wget $MIRROR/kkk.zip && wget $MIRROR/jjj.zip RC="$?" if ] then echo -e "$RED Ooops, Download links are broken...! $RESET" else echo -e "$GREEN Everything is fine, Cheers ... $RESET" fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
4 Replies
regcoords(7)							SAORD Documentation						      regcoords(7)

NAME
RegCoords - Spatial Region Coordinates SYNOPSIS
This document describes the specification of coordinate systems, and the interpretation of coordinate values, for spatial region filtering. DESCRIPTION
Pixel coordinate systems The default coordinate system for regions is PHYSICAL, which means that region position and size values are taken from the original data. (Note that this is a change from the original IRAF/PROS implementation, in which the IMAGE coordinate system was the default.) PHYSICAL coordinates always refer to pixel positions on the original image (using IRAF LTM and LTV keywords). With PHYSICAL coordinates, if a set of coordinates specifies the position of an object in an original FITS file, the same coordinates will specify the same object in any FITS derived from the original. Physical coordinates are invariant with blocking of FITS files or taking sections of images, even when a blocked section is written to a new file. Thus, although a value in pixels refers, by default, to the PHYSICAL coordinate system, you may specify that position values refer to the image coordinate system using the global or local properties commands: global coordsys image circle 512 512 100 The global command changes the coordinate system for all regions that follow, while the local command changes the coordinate system only for the region immediately following: local coordsys image circle 512 512 100 circle 1024 1024 200 This changes the coordinate system only for the region that follows. In the above example, the second region uses the global coordinate system (PHYSICAL by default). World Coordinate Systems If World Coordinate System information is contained in the data file being filtered, it also is possible to define regions using a sky coordinate system. Supported systems include: name description ---- ----------- PHYSICAL pixel coords of original file using LTM/LTV IMAGE pixel coords of current file FK4, B1950 sky coordinate systems FK5, J2000 sky coordinate systems GALACTIC sky coordinate systems ECLIPTIC sky coordinate systems ICRS currently same as J2000 LINEAR linear wcs as defined in file In addition, two mosaic coordinate systems have been defined that utilize the (evolving) IRAF mosaic keywords: name description ---- ----------- AMPLIFIER mosaic coords of original file using ATM/ATV DETECTOR mosaic coords of original file using DTM/DTV Again, to use one of these coordinate systems, the global or local properties commands are used: global coordsys galactic WCS Positions and Sizes In addition to pixels, positional values in a WCS-enabled region can be specified using sexagesimal or degrees format: position arguments description ------------------ ----------- [num] context-dependent (see below) [num]d degrees [num]r radians [num]p physical pixels [num]i image pixels [num]:[num]:[num] hms for 'odd' position arguments [num]:[num]:[num] dms for 'even' position arguments [num]h[num]m[num]s explicit hms [num]d[num]m[num]s explicit dms If ':' is used as sexagesimal separator, the value is considered to be specifying hours/minutes/seconds if it is the first argument of a positional pair, and degrees/minutes/seconds for the second argument of a pair (except for galactic coordinates, which always use degrees): argument description ----------- ----------- 10:20:30.0 10 hours, 20 minutes, 30 seconds for 1st positional argument 10 degrees, 20 minutes, 30 seconds for 2nd positional argument 10h20m30.0 10 hours, 20 minutes, 30 seconds 10d20m30.0 10 degrees, 20 minutes, 30 seconds 10.20d 10.2 degrees Similarly, the units of size values are defined by the formating character(s) attached to a number: size arguments description -------------- ----------- [num] context-dependent (see below) [num]" arc seconds [num]' arc minutes [num]d degrees [num]r radians [num]p physical pixels [num]i image pixels For example: argument description ----------- ----------- 10 ten pixels 10' ten minutes of arc 10" ten seconds of arc 10d ten degrees 10p ten pixels 0.5r half of a radian An example of using sky coordinate systems follows: global coordsys B1950 -box 175.54d 20.01156d 10' 10' local coordsys J2000 pie 179.57d 22.4d 0 360 n=4 && annulus 179.57d 22.4d 3' 24' n=5 At the FK4 1950 coordinates 175.54d RA, 20.01156d DEC exclude a 10 minute by 10 minute box. Then at the FK5 2000 coordinates 179.57d RA 22.4d DEC draw a radial profile regions pattern with 4 quadrants and 5 annuli ranging from 3 minutes to 24 minutes in diameter. In this example, the default coordinate system is overridden by the commands in the regions spec. NB - The Meaning of Pure Numbers Are Context Sensitive When a "pure number" (i.e. one without a format directive such as 'd' for 'degrees') is specified as a position or size, its interpretation depends on the context defined by the 'coordsys' keyword. In general, the rule is: All pure numbers have implied units corresponding to the current coordinate system. If no coordinate system is explicitly specified, the default system is implicitly assumed to be PHYSICAL. In practice this means that for IMAGE and PHYSICAL systems, pure numbers are pixels. Otherwise, for all systems other than LINEAR, pure numbers are degrees. For LINEAR systems, pure numbers are in the units of the linear system. This rule covers both positions and sizes. As a corollary, when a sky-formatted number is used with the IMAGE or PHYSICAL coordinate system (which includes the default case of no coordsys being specified), the formatted number is assumed to be in the units of the WCS contained in the current file. If no sky WCS is specified, an error results. Examples: circle(512,512,10) ellipse 202.44382d 47.181656d 0.01d 0.02d In the absence of a specified coordinate system, the circle uses the default PHYSICAL units of pixels, while the ellipse explicitly uses degrees, presumably to go with the WCS in the current file. global coordsys=fk5 global color=green font="system 10 normal" circle 202.44382 47.181656 0.01 circle 202.44382 47.181656 10p ellipse(512p,512p,10p,15p,20) Here, the circles use the FK5 units of degrees (except for the explicit use of pixels in the second radius), while the ellipse explicitly specifies pixels. The ellipse angle is in degrees. Note that Chandra data format appears to use "coordsys=physical" implicitly. Therefore, for most Chandra applications, valid regions can be generated safely by asking ds9 to save/display regions in pixels using the PHYSICAL coordsys. SEE ALSO
See funtools(7) for a list of Funtools help pages version 1.4.2 January 2, 2008 regcoords(7)