Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Storage from SAN
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Storage from SAN Post 302472584 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 17th of November 2010 01:30:49 PM
Old 11-17-2010
Did you setup multipath.conf correctly? I would contact your San Storage Array vendor for recommended settings.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Using San storage - advice needed

Thinking of using our San for network backups.. Have a Netra 240 being installed and planning to get some space on our San. Do you know what software is used to access the San from my server or what I would need to do? I know how to connect to local storage, disk arrays etc but not sure what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Switching SAN storage

Hi, I have an existing SUN server that has a SAN storage installed on it. It also has softwares like Appwrox(scheduler), Taradata (database client), Samba Share and a few more installed on it. Now suppose that I have a new unix server server and i switch the same SAN store from the old unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: myloginid
1 Replies

3. AIX

SAN storage and speed

I have 3 SAN disks of 1 TB each. Is it more efficient to make 1 large Volume group with multiple LV's or 3 Volume Groups with 1 LV each. The SAN disk is where all my backups will be dumped.:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

4. Solaris

SAN Storage to solaris 10 server

Hi, I have configured our SAN Storage to be connected to our new SUN T5220. On the SAn it looks all fine on the server I do not see any connection: cfgadm -al Ap_Id Type Receptacle Occupant Condition c1 scsi-bus connected ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manni2
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

how do we check SAN storage?

Hello, I am using LINUX OS. I want to check what is the SAN storage size. How do i check this in server? Any help is really appreciated.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Cannot see the IBM SAN storage

HI all, I had recently change the Server storage from EMC to the IBM SAN. but after the configuration, the IBM success to see the server HBA port and successfully assign a LUN for the server. When i go to the server, and restarted it. i use the "format" command to check, but din see any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
1 Replies

7. Solaris

SAN Storage for ASM

Hi, We are planning to setup a 10gR2 RAC and storage on ASM. We use Sun StorEdge SAN. The installation and configuration manual says to configure ASM diskgroups with raw devices (preferably raw disk not volumes). I dont really know if its possible to present raw disks to the Solaris... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: esmgr
4 Replies

8. AIX

New to San Storage

Can anyone recommend a good book on san storage basics and how it communicates with an AIX server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Connecting to SAN storage - whats need to be done ?

hi all, I am on solaris 10 1/13 and new to SAN storage. I am required to connect to the LUNs on the SAN storage and is asked to provide the WWN information to the storage administrator. Right now, it will be just 1 connection from a single hba port to the FCport on the storage directly,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javanoob
1 Replies
wsreg_set_vendor(3WSREG)			    Product Install Registry Library Functions				  wsreg_set_vendor(3WSREG)

NAME
wsreg_set_vendor, wsreg_get_vendor - set or get the vendor of a componentt SYNOPSIS
cc [flag ...] file ...-lwsreg [library ...] #include <wsreg.h> int wsreg_set_vendor(Wsreg_component *comp, const char *vendor); char *wsreg_get_vendor(const Wsreg_component *comp); DESCRIPTION
The wsreg_set_vendor() function sets the vendor specified by vendor in the component specified by comp. The vendor argument is a string that identifies the vendor of the component. If a vendor has already been set in the specified component, the resources associated with the previously set vendor are released. The wsreg_get_vendor() function gets the vendor string from the component specified by comp. The resulting string must be released by the caller. RETURN VALUES
The wsreg_set_vendor() function returns a non-zero value if the vendor was set correctly; otherwise it returns 0. The wsreg_get_vendor() function returns a copy of the vendor from the specified component. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
wsreg_initialize(3WSREG), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Sep 2000 wsreg_set_vendor(3WSREG)