Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Storage from SAN
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Storage from SAN Post 302472244 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 16th of November 2010 03:53:58 PM
Old 11-16-2010
Do you happen to have a SAN storage array that has two controllers (active/passive)? Then these messages are usually normal and it indicates that it senses a LUN on the passive controller but cannot read from it. Some arrays can be configured so that they can reroute requests directed at the passive controller to the active controller, so that the host gets proper answers..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Using San storage - advice needed

Thinking of using our San for network backups.. Have a Netra 240 being installed and planning to get some space on our San. Do you know what software is used to access the San from my server or what I would need to do? I know how to connect to local storage, disk arrays etc but not sure what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Switching SAN storage

Hi, I have an existing SUN server that has a SAN storage installed on it. It also has softwares like Appwrox(scheduler), Taradata (database client), Samba Share and a few more installed on it. Now suppose that I have a new unix server server and i switch the same SAN store from the old unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: myloginid
1 Replies

3. AIX

SAN storage and speed

I have 3 SAN disks of 1 TB each. Is it more efficient to make 1 large Volume group with multiple LV's or 3 Volume Groups with 1 LV each. The SAN disk is where all my backups will be dumped.:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

4. Solaris

SAN Storage to solaris 10 server

Hi, I have configured our SAN Storage to be connected to our new SUN T5220. On the SAn it looks all fine on the server I do not see any connection: cfgadm -al Ap_Id Type Receptacle Occupant Condition c1 scsi-bus connected ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manni2
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

how do we check SAN storage?

Hello, I am using LINUX OS. I want to check what is the SAN storage size. How do i check this in server? Any help is really appreciated.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Cannot see the IBM SAN storage

HI all, I had recently change the Server storage from EMC to the IBM SAN. but after the configuration, the IBM success to see the server HBA port and successfully assign a LUN for the server. When i go to the server, and restarted it. i use the "format" command to check, but din see any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
1 Replies

7. Solaris

SAN Storage for ASM

Hi, We are planning to setup a 10gR2 RAC and storage on ASM. We use Sun StorEdge SAN. The installation and configuration manual says to configure ASM diskgroups with raw devices (preferably raw disk not volumes). I dont really know if its possible to present raw disks to the Solaris... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: esmgr
4 Replies

8. AIX

New to San Storage

Can anyone recommend a good book on san storage basics and how it communicates with an AIX server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Connecting to SAN storage - whats need to be done ?

hi all, I am on solaris 10 1/13 and new to SAN storage. I am required to connect to the LUNs on the SAN storage and is asked to provide the WWN information to the storage administrator. Right now, it will be just 1 connection from a single hba port to the FCport on the storage directly,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javanoob
1 Replies
ql-dynamic-tgt-disc(8)					       System Administration					    ql-dynamic-tgt-disc(8)

NAME
ql-dynamic-tgt-lun-disc - Scans for newly added LUNs. SYNOPSIS
ql-dynamic-tgt-lun-disc [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Dynamic TGT-LUN Discovery Utility This utility scans for newly added LUNs. After adding new LUNs, you do not need to unload, then load the QLogic FC driver or reboot the system To begin scanning the LUNs issue following command: # /usr/sbin/ql-dynamic-tgt-lun-disc -al, --allow-lip LIP is not issued by default, even if it is required for scanning new LUNs Setting this option, allows the utility to issue LIP. -cl, --current-luns Displays LUNS currently present -e, --extended-scan Use this option as "-e | --extended-scan". to rescan LUNs. This will identify any change in attributes of existing LUNs. This option can be used in combination of scan/refresh or max luns -h, --help, ? Prints this help message -i, --interactive Use this option to use the menu driven program -is, --iscsi Use this option to operate on ISCSI HBAs, this option can be used in combination of any other supported option. -m, --max-lun To set the maximum LUNs to be scanned -p, --proc Use PROC file system for LUN scanning -r, --refresh To refresh, that is remove LUNs that are lost use the options "-r|--refresh". This will remove the LUNs which no more exist. -s, --scan [ -r|--refresh ] The QLogic LUN scan utility re-scans all the devices connected to the QLogic HBA SEE ALSO
ql-lun-state-online(8), ql-hba-snapshot(8), ql-set-cmd-timeout(8) Matthias Schmitz <;matthias@sigxcpu.org> July 2009 ql-dynamic-tgt-disc(8)