Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Portable Applications
Operating Systems Linux Portable Applications Post 302472190 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 16th of November 2010 01:02:53 PM
Old 11-16-2010

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Apache Portable Runtime

Hi I am starting a project in which I want to use APR for portability. I download APR version 1.2.2 from "http://apr.apache.org/download.cgi#apr1" and I am using Redhat/Linux 9. As I am a newbie to APR and I have no prior experience of using APR, so I started learning it from:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumsin
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Portable scripting

For historical, simple, practical and portable reasons my scripts start normally with "#!/bin/sh", hence I restrict myself to those features available in the Bourne Shell. The few cases where I would use ksh or bash is if I know this script is targetted at some subset of platforms where that is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: porter
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query regarding portable script

Dear Experts, I want to write a script which has to work on Solaris & Linux sytems. The problem which i am facing is, there are commands whose options are different on both OS's. For example ping. On Solaris i have to write: ping $host 1 to check if the host is alive On Linux i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhiraj4mann
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

ClamAV/other AV. Possible to make portable?

Hey guys/gals, I work with a large amount of servers, and was just curious if it is possible to make a linux AV app, portable. What i mean is, I go to a user's home directory and do something like ./clamavscan (I suppose an alias for clamscan..), and it scans the user's home directory for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhije
2 Replies

5. Linux

A portable bootable version?

What I have been doing for some time now is installing linux on my tech machine at work, plugging in devices and transferring data with dd_rescue. What I need now is a version of linux that I can install on a laptop sata hard drive and be able to plug it into any machine to transfer data off of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Methal
1 Replies

6. Programming

urgent help in portable applications

Hello Im stuck with a project on converting existing applications in to their portable versions, What i mean is that i want an application to run on a Linux OS without the need of actually installing the application on that machine. My preffered OS is fedora as it is used on most machines in my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: engineeringme
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent help in portable applications

Hello Im stuck with a project on converting existing applications in to their portable versions, What i mean is that i want an application to run on a Linux OS without the need of actually installing the application on that machine. My preffered OS is fedora as it is used on most machines in my... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

urgent help in Portable Applications

Hello Im stuck with a project on converting existing applications in to their portable versions, What i mean is that i want an application to run on a Linux OS without the need of actually installing the application on that machine. My preffered OS is fedora as it is used on most machines in my... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Programming

Is There a Portable Way to Kill a Process in C++

Hi. I am looking for a way to write C++ code that will kill a process, and works just the same way in both Unix and Windows. For my particular situation, it cannot be hundreds of lines of code, either. Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this. Brandon (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrandonShw
5 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)