Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory. Post 302471109 by abhisheksunkari on Friday 12th of November 2010 03:26:25 AM
Old 11-12-2010
MySQL

Hi,
Yes i have just gone through the man page of du sometime back, and learnt about the -s option.
Anyway thanks a lot for the detail description.

Regards,
Abhishek S.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Inconsistent memory usage display

When i was trying to store a file of size 743 MB into a directory i got a msg. that the disk is full. But when i used the df -k . command on that directory it showed only 40% in usage and the disk had more than enough memory for the file. When i checked the syslog i found that at that instant of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spdas
2 Replies

3. Programming

CPU usage and memory usage

Please tell me solaris functions/api for getting following information 1- Function that tells how much memory used by current process 2- Function that tells how much memory used by all running processes 3- Function that tells how much CPU is used by current process 4- Function that tells how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to send email with usage of space in the directory as description :

shell script to send email with usage of space in the directory as description : Please any one help me in writing a script to send email with usage of space in the directory as description . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the free space & usage of the particular directory in Hp-Unix?

How to find the free space & usage of the particular directory in Hp-Unix? I want to see the usage in % (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

7. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory usage per user,percent usage,sytem time in ksh

Let's say i have 20 users logged on Server. How can I know how much memory percent used each of them is using with system time in each user? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to display space usage

Hi all, I am looking for help with a script for displaying the space available from a df - h command for / (root). The problem is: If it is below 700 MB I have jobs that are failing... Is there a way I can do a calculation? If it above 700 MB it is good, if it is below 700 MB it will fail.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
5 Replies
PKGBSDF(1)						      General Commands Manual							PKGBSDF(1)

NAME
pkgBSDF - package BSDFs provided as XML for Radiance SYNOPSIS
pkgBSDF [ -i ][ -s ] bsdf.xml .. DESCRIPTION
PkgBSDF takes one or more XML files, each describing the bidirectional scattering distribution function of a surface or geometric system, and packages them into RADIANCE scene descriptions. If the input file(s) do not begin with a '.' or '/', the directories in the RAYPATH environment variable will be searched. One rectangle is produced for each BSDF that has no detail geometry and/or no rear-side reflectance distribution. If both front and back reflectance distributions are present with detail geometry, then two rectangles will be used to sand- wich the geometry extracted from the BSDF file. The front surface will always be centered just in front of the origin facing the positive Z-direction, with "up" in the positive Y-direction. The back surface, if present, will parallel the front surface at a distance slightly greater than the BSDF system thickness. Scene units will always be in meters. The -i option causes pkgBSDF to produce frozen octree instances for any detail geometry, which may reduce memory requirements in scenes with many references to the same complex BSDF object. Normally, pkgBSDF produces one RADIANCE scene file for each XML input, replacing the required '.xml' suffix with '.rad' in the same direc- tory. The -s option sends the RADIANCE scene description to the standard output rather than writing it to a file, but only works for a single XML input. Any instance octree is still written out to a file generated by replacing the '.xml' suffix with '.oct' in the same directory. EXAMPLE
Package all the XML files in the current directory as Radiance scene files, employing frozen octree instances for any detail geometry: pkgBSDF -i *.xml AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
genBSDF(1), oconv(1), xform(1) RADIANCE
6/23/2011 PKGBSDF(1)