Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Korn shell scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Korn shell scripting Post 302469966 by vedder191 on Monday 8th of November 2010 07:29:38 PM
Old 11-08-2010
Sorry that's the output on a freebsd machine I am using.

I ran:
set -o emacs
^v
and I get PD KSH v5.2.14.2 99/07/13.2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

practice tests- Unix Korn Shell Scripting

Hi, I am about to take certification for "Unix Korn Shell Scripting", which is conducted by brain bench. ( http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/common/testcenter/taketest.xml?testId=46) The test consists of 40 single and multiple choice questions that must be answered in 60 minutes. The pass mark... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eswasas
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repost-Korn Shell Scripting

Hi, being very new to Korn Shell Scripting I am hoping that someone here can help me. I want to compare file name in scp/inbox directory to file name stored inside a file in pnt/compare directory. Hi, being very new to Korn Shell Scripting I am hoping that someone here can help me. I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hanie123
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Korn Shell Scripting

Hi I'm new to scripting and I don't know where to start. I need to create a script that needs to look for specific files in a specific folder then I need to return the filename, the recordcount, bytecount and checksums. Then I need to write these results into a new file. I would appreciate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: th0123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Korn Shell scripting Help Pleaaaase...

Hello All, Can someone help me to set a user's password from the script using korn shell. The password change is a one time password after user account creation. I tried providing the input file as the value for password field but password change requires tty so my password from an input file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris Korn Shell Scripting

I have made the following simple script: a=0 let a=$a+1 if "] then mailx -s "Up" abc@yahoo.com fi When I run the above script, I get the following error: # ./new.ksh ./new.ksh: ]: not found. Please tell me how to use if here? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldeep1986
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Comparison in Korn shell scripting

I have a scenario to implement in Korn shell script. Here it is.. I need to compare two values to see whether they are same or not. The issue is that the values coming in for comparison can be a string or an integer which can be determined during run time only. Which korn shell comparison... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vani123
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

korn shell scripting

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: There is a menu driven program and there are some fields to be achived 3. Display contents of all .lst files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jainitai
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in Korn Shell scripting

#! /bin/ksh while read line do if ] ; then echo "no data" continue; fi echo "performing operation on $line" done < prg.txt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juhi Kashyap
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dialog box in korn shell scripting

Does dialog box works on all kind of shells? I am using korn shell in Linux . For me dialog is not working :) is there any particular syntax or do we need to have particular OS version or shell env? #!/bin/ksh dialog --title "create file" \ --backtitle "shell script practice" \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset is not working in Linux korn shell scripting

Hi All, Kindly help on the below issue ASAP. Its very urgent. I have script in which we have below two lines for code and it is not working. Please help. files_to_process=" abc_*.log def_*.log ghi_*.log " typeset -A dir_list ${files_to_process} the script is failing in Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tvbhkishore
3 Replies
LKSH(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   LKSH(1)

NAME
lksh -- Legacy Korn shell built on mksh SYNOPSIS
lksh [-+abCefhiklmnprUuvXx] [-+o opt] [-c string | -s | file [args ...]] DESCRIPTION
lksh is a command interpreter intended exclusively for running legacy shell scripts. It is built on mksh; refer to its manual page for details on the scripting language. It is recommended to port scripts to mksh instead of relying on legacy or idiotic POSIX-mandated behav- iour, since the MirBSD Korn Shell scripting language is much more consistent. LEGACY MODE
lksh has the following differences from mksh: o lksh is not suitable for use as /bin/sh. o There is no explicit support for interactive use, nor any command line editing or history code. Hence, lksh is not suitable as a user's login shell, either; use mksh instead. o The KSH_VERSION string identifies lksh as ``LEGACY KSH'' instead of ``MIRBSD KSH''. o lksh only offers the traditional ten file descriptors to scripts. o lksh uses POSIX arithmetics, which has quite a few implications: The data type for arithmetics is the host ISO C long data type. Signed integer wraparound is Undefined Behaviour. The sign of the result of a modulo operation with at least one negative operand is unspeci- fied. Shift operations on negative numbers are unspecified. Division of the largest negative number by -1 is Undefined Behaviour. The compiler is permitted to delete all data and crash the system if Undefined Behaviour occurs. o The rotation arithmetic operators are not available. o The shift arithmetic operators take all bits of the second operand into account; if they exceed permitted precision, the result is unspecified. o The GNU bash extension &> to redirect stdout and stderr in one go is not parsed. o The mksh command line option -T is not available. o Unless set -o posix is active, lksh always uses traditional mode for constructs like: $ set -- $(getopt ab:c "$@") $ echo $? POSIX mandates this to show 0, but traditional mode passes through the errorlevel from the getopt(1) command. o lksh, unlike AT&T UNIX ksh, does not keep file descriptors > 2 private. SEE ALSO
mksh(1) https://www.mirbsd.org/mksh.htm https://www.mirbsd.org/ksh-chan.htm CAVEATS
lksh tries to make a cross between a legacy bourne/posix compatibl-ish shell and a legacy pdksh-alike but ``legacy'' is not exactly speci- fied. The set built-in command does not have all options one would expect from a full-blown mksh or pdksh. Talk to the MirOS development team using the mailing list at <miros-mksh@mirbsd.org> or the #!/bin/mksh (or #ksh) IRC channel at irc.freenode.net (Port 6697 SSL, 6667 unencrypted) if you need any further quirks or assistance, and consider migrating your legacy scripts to work with mksh instead of requiring lksh. MirBSD May 2, 2013 MirBSD