Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Android Will You Move to an Android Phone or Tablet? Post 302469727 by Neo on Monday 8th of November 2010 01:45:53 AM
Old 11-08-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
What good is ssh-ing to localhost when nothing you care about works from there?
You type as if you don't have an Android phone.

There is a lot that can be done with a terminal window on Android. I use it to move files around, create directories, delete files, add applications, etc.

Someday you will be able to compile a Java app on an Android phone, we are just not their yet.

I find it funny when people criticize a technology that is out for a few months compared to OS features they have used for decades. Especially when they don't seem to have hands on experience with it.

Even UNIX was not available to the masses when it first came out. These things take time..... even Linux was considered a joke at one point in time, remember?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Which Tablet to Choose?

Currently in the process of looking for a tablet. Which one is best? Thanks Benjamin Mauerberger (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hlinks12
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris View/Transfer Files Android Phone

I'm trying to sync/transfer files from my UNIX box and Android Phone and vice versa. I know that Android Phones show up seamlessly (mostly) in Linux given their incestuous relationship. Is there a way to do it in UNIX or more specifically in Solaris 11.3 (i86)?:confused: I haven't found one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nostradamus1973
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How do i start a new thread with my android phone?

thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
6 Replies
URNDIS(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 URNDIS(4)

NAME
urndis -- USB Remote NDIS Ethernet device SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device ehci device uhci device ohci device xhci device usb device urndis Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_urndis_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The urndis driver provides Ethernet access over Remote NDIS (RNDIS), allowing mobile devices such as phones and tablets to provide network access. It is often referred to as USB tethering, and in most cases must be explicitly enabled on the device. urndis should work with any USB RNDIS devices, such as those commonly found on Android devices. It does not support different media types or options. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). HARDWARE
The urndis driver supports the "tethering" functionality of many Android devices. SEE ALSO
arp(4), cdce(4), ipheth(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The urndis device driver first appeared in OpenBSD 4.7. The first FreeBSD release to include it was FreeBSD 9.3. AUTHORS
The urndis driver was written by Jonathan Armani <armani@openbsd.org>, Michael Knudsen <mk@openbsd.org>, and Fabien Romano <fabien@openbsd.org>. It was ported to FreeBSD by Hans Petter Selasky <hps@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
October 2, 2014 BSD