Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED to remove a line above and lines below. Post 302469718 by chiewming on Monday 8th of November 2010 12:56:28 AM
Old 11-08-2010
SED to remove a line above and lines below.

SmilieHi All,

I need help on removing lines in a text file.

Sample file :
Quote:

Client=0x 0
IPAddress=113.211.45.33
Client=0
ClientV=0
Uncomp=0
Comp=0
When there is a match ip for IPAddress in my `cat ip.out`, proceed delete line above until string "Comp" is found.

Thank you very much.

---------- Post updated at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:53 AM ----------

I found very useful SED in this forum but i got no idea how to manipulate it.

Code:
sed -rn '/(0\.0000 *){6}/{n;n;x;d};x;1d;p;${x;p}'

Smilie

Last edited by Scott; 11-08-2010 at 03:23 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED help (remove line::parse again::add line)

Aloha! I have just over 1k of users that have permissions that they shouldn't under our system. I need to parse a provided list of usernames, check their permissions file, and strip the permissions that they are not allowed to have. If upon the permissions strip they are left with no permissions,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malumake
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed remove last 10 characters of a line start from 3rd line

hello experts, I need a sed command that remove last 10 characters of a line start from 3rd line. any suggestions? Thanks you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: minifish
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove lines before and after with awk / sed ?

Hi guys, I need to remove the pattern (ID=180), one line before and four lines after. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashimada
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to remove lines

Can somebody explain why my sed command is not working. I do the folloinwg: Generates a binary file to /tmp/x1.out /usr/lib/sa/sa2 -s 4:00 -e 8:00 -i 3600 -A -o /tmp/x1.out decodes the file (no problem so far) sar -f /tmp/x1.out When I do this it does not appear to delete the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed to remove only first line erroneously removes last line too

Hello everyone, This is my first posting. I have read the rules of this forum. I have searched many various threads and haven't found one that applies to my situation or suggestions to fix the issue. I do appreciate the help. I am trying to execute a basic UNIX script in a Solaris... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dqrgk0
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Locate and remove lines with sed

Gents, I would like to remove some lines from a big file ( file2). The objetive is to remove all the lines in file2 containing a certain string which are in file data2delete.. file data2delete contens: 2573.0 7260.01 2893.0 7255.01 2903.0 7245.01 2897.0 7255.01 2561.0 7255.01... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove certain lines using sed?

Hi I have the following kind of line sin my file . print ' this is first'. print ' this is firs and next ' ' line continuous '. -- this is entire print line. print ' this is first and next ' ' line continuous and' 'still there now over'. -- this 3lines together a single print line. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivajee
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove certain lines using sed?

Hi, I am new to unix and i started some scripting recently. Please go through the following script i wrote. #!/bin/sh file='path../tfile' file1='path../tfile1' rmfile='path../test2' C1=1 C2=1 exec 3< $file1 while read LINE1; do read LINE2 <&3 a=$LINE1 b=`expr $LINE2 - 1` ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Subbu123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove lines that do not start with digit and combine line or lines

I have been searching and trying to come up with an awk that will perform the following on a converted text file (original is a pdf). 1. Since the first two lines are (begin with) text they are removed 2. if $1 is a number then all text is merged (combined) into one line until the next... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk with sed to combine lines and remove specific odd # pattern from line

In the awk piped to sed below I am trying to format file by removing the odd xxxx_digits and whitespace after, then move the even xxxx_digit to the line above it and add a space between them. There may be multiple lines in file but they are in the same format. The Filename_ID line is the last line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
RT::Client::REST::Queue(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      RT::Client::REST::Queue(3pm)

NAME
RT::Client::REST::Queue -- queue object representation. SYNOPSIS
my $rt = RT::Client::REST->new(server => $ENV{RTSERVER}); my $queue = RT::Client::REST::Queue->new( rt => $rt, id => 'General', )->retrieve; DESCRIPTION
RT::Client::REST::Queue is based on RT::Client::REST::Object. The representation allows one to retrieve, edit, comment on, and create queue in RT. Note: RT currently does not allow REST client to search queues. ATTRIBUTES
id For retrieval, you can specify either the numeric ID of the queue or its name (case-sensitive). After the retrieval, however, this attribute will be set to the numeric id. name This is the name of the queue. description Queue description. correspond_address Correspond address. comment_address Comment address. initial_priority Initial priority. final_priority Final priority. default_due_in Default due in. DB METHODS
For full explanation of these, please see "DB METHODS" in RT::Client::REST::Object documentation. retrieve Retrieve queue from database. store Create or update the queue. search Currently RT does not allow REST clients to search queues. QUEUE-SPECIFIC METHODS tickets Get tickets that are in this queue (note: this may be a lot of tickets). Note: tickets with status "deleted" will not be shown. Object of type RT::Client::REST::SearchResult is returned which then can be used to get to objects of type RT::Client::REST::Ticket. INTERNAL METHODS
rt_type Returns 'queue'. SEE ALSO
RT::Client::REST, RT::Client::REST::Object, RT::Client::REST::SearchResult, RT::Client::REST::Ticket. AUTHOR
Dmitri Tikhonov <dtikhonov@yahoo.com> LICENSE
Perl license with the exception of RT::Client::REST, which is GPLed. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-20 RT::Client::REST::Queue(3pm)