Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LVM extent size
Operating Systems Linux LVM extent size Post 302469244 by majid.merkava on Friday 5th of November 2010 06:14:11 AM
Old 11-05-2010
Thank you very much.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Size of LVM header in non bootable disk

hi, i have a query regarding the size of the LVM header. Since the LVM header of a bootable disk is always 2912KB. The header size of a non bootable disk is not fixed. In Bootable disk after the LVM header (2912 KB=5824 sectors)the user data starts or we can say LV extents starts. If i extend any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorayen
0 Replies

2. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

file system full (1 block extent)

When i run dmesg, I get the following message which clearly indicates that the file system is full. Please let me know what does (1 block extent) means in the following error message? msgcnt 1 vxfs : mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/vg00/lvol4 file system full (1 block extent) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adams Nave
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to reduce LVM to create another LVM

Hi, I'm new to HP-UX. I have LVM on /var with 92Gig. I would like to reduce it to create another LVM for Oracle client with 800 meg or so. How to do it. I'm running 11.iv3 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file size and send email only if size > 0.

Hi Experts, I have a script like $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password # << ENDSQL set pagesize 0 trim on feedback off verify off echo off newp none timing off set serveroutput on set heading off spool Schemaerrtmp.txt select ' TIMESTAMP COMPUTER NAME ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Block-based allocation and Extent-based allocation in Solaris

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's this figure about? (See the attached figure below.) This is a representation of block allocation filesystem and extent allocation filesystem in Solaris. Does this mean that in a block-based allocation, data are placed in individual blocks while in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to reduce the LVM Size in RHEL/Centos 7 ?

Hi All, I have one logical volume with size as 900G and it is mounted as xfs file system. Now I want to reduce this partition to 500G. So I followed the below steps. unmount the mount point /home Reduced the volume using the command Now I remounted the partition. But the problem... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
3 Replies
PVCK(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   PVCK(8)

NAME
pvck - check physical volume metadata SYNOPSIS
pvck [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-v|--verbose] [--labelsector] PhysicalVolume [PhysicalVolume...] DESCRIPTION
pvck checks physical volume LVM metadata for consistency. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. --labelsector sector By default, 4 sectors of PhysicalVolume are scanned for an LVM label, starting at sector 0. This parameter allows you to specify a different starting sector for the scan and is useful for recovery situations. For example, suppose the partition table is corrupted or lost on /dev/sda, but you suspect there was an LVM partition at approximately 100 MB. This area of the disk may be scanned by using the --labelsector parameter with a value of 204800 (100 * 1024 * 1024 / 512 = 204800): pvck --labelsector 204800 /dev/sda Note that a script can be used with --labelsector to automate the process of finding LVM labels. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvcreate(8), pvscan(8) vgck(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) PVCK(8)