Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search Replace and Update a file Post 302468890 by walid2mi on Thursday 4th of November 2010 05:32:28 AM
Old 11-04-2010
untested:
Code:
sed "s/=.*/=Actual Address/" file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and replace in file

Hi guys, I have one file with duplicate string. I want to replace all the occurance of that string with some other string. How can I do that in vi editor? Malay Maru (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace in file..

Hi All, As I'm working on a Unix script... and the requirement is like, I need to search a word and replace it with the another word... for that i'm using SED command.... can anybody give any other alternate for this...? Thanks Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amits
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace in a file

Hi I have to search & replace column in the file.For example ..below iam having File1. in which 3rd column ...if it is A it should be 'ACT' if P it should be 'PAD' and if it ils D it should be 'DEC' I have to pass column no ,value and to be converted value as variables in to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyam_sat
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

search and replace in a file

I have a file (say file1.txt) and I have to search for a line which has a text replace it and replace another string too in the same line. Eg: file1.txt -------- x='hai' y='world' z='unix' x='hai' y='world' x='hai' z='perl' y='world' z="world" k="junk" b="world" z='perl' x='hai'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on search and replace in a file

Hi all, The operating system is Solaris 10 I have example line here below I need to change the stat1 to stat2 using a shell script. search for space(" ") and replace with "\ " Stat1 --- /data/Sat Night Stay.txt Stat2 --- /data/Sat\ Night\ Stay.txt Thanks Firestar. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firestar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimised way for search & replace a value on one line in a very huge file (File Size is 24 GB).

Hi Experts, I had to edit (a particular value) in header line of a very huge file so for that i wanted to search & replace a particular value on a file which was of 24 GB in Size. I managed to do it but it took long time to complete. Can anyone please tell me how can we do it in a optimised... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishkomar007
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested search in a file and replace the inner search

Hi Team, I am new to unix, please help me in this. I have a file named properties. The content of the file is : ##Mobile props east.url=https://qa.east.corp.com/prop/end west.url=https://qa.west.corp.com/prop/end south.url=https://qa.south.corp.com/prop/end... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tolearn
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Replace in a new FILE.

Hi, more data.txt more srstring.sh input="data.txt" while IFS= read -r var do startdirectory=$loc search=$(echo $var | awk -F'=' '{print $1}') replace=$(echo $var | awk -F'=' '{print $2}') find "/tmp/config" -type f -exec grep -l "$search" {} + | while read file do if sed -e... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace in file

hi All i'm new to shell/bash scripting and need help to write a script. question: i have a file of 100's of line, i need to replace all zeros in that file with its respective position, starting from 0 to 23 and remove the remaining sample file is like. Enter the date in the format... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnu2u86
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - How to update header of scripts in one pass - multiline search/replace

Hello. A find command return a list of file. For each fileReplace the content starting with the first "§" (of two) ending with last "ɸ" (of two), regardless of the content ( five lines ) by the following content (exactly) : §2019_08_23§ # # ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
8 Replies
WWW::Search::AltaVista::News(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 WWW::Search::AltaVista::News(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Search::AltaVista::News - class for Alta Vista news searching SYNOPSIS
require WWW::Search; $search = new WWW::Search('AltaVista::News'); DESCRIPTION
This class implements the AltaVista news search (specializing AltaVista and WWW::Search). It handles making and interpreting AltaVista news searches http://www.altavista.com. Details of AltaVista can be found at WWW::Search::AltaVista. This class exports no public interface; all interaction should be done through WWW::Search objects. METHODS
native_setup_search (private) This method does the heavy-lifting after native_query() is called. parse_tree This method parses the HTML of the search results. AUTHOR
"WWW::Search" is written by John Heidemann, <johnh@isi.edu>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1996 University of Southern California. All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms are permitted provided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph are duplicated in all such forms and that any documentation, advertising materials, and other materials related to such distribution and use acknowledge that the software was developed by the University of Southern California, Information Sciences Institute. The name of the University may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. perl v5.12.4 2011-11-02 WWW::Search::AltaVista::News(3pm)