Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Slackware How should I cut this line using cut and grep? Post 302467160 by Corona688 on Thursday 28th of October 2010 11:18:20 AM
Old 10-28-2010
For what purpose? What are you trying to do? i.e. the expected output?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and cut....

hi, i have a simple question: in hpux 11i; this cmd : cat mailtest |grep sekar >test1 gives the output file with the name test1. i want to remove the line which contains the "sekar" and put the result in the new file.... what is the command for that?.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep a file and cut a corresponding value from the line

i have to grep a file which has contents like /Source/value/valuefile/readme.txt DefaultVersion:=1.7 I have to grep this file with "/Source/value/valuefile/readme.txt" and cut the corresponding value "1.7" from the same line i tried grep and cut but not working. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: codeman007
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Command error cut: Bad range

Hi Can anyone what I am doing wrong while using cut command. for f in *.log do logfilename=$f Log "Log file Name: $logfilename" logfile1=`basename $logfilename .log` flength=${#logfile1} Log "file length $flength" from_length=$(($flength - 15)) Log "from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cut command: can't make it cut fields

I'm a complete beginner in UNIX (and not a computer science student either), just undergoing a tutoring course. Trying to replicate the instructions on my own I directed output of the ls listing command (lists all files of my home directory ) to My_dir.tsv file (see the screenshot) to make use of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using :<<cut / cut to comment out block of bash script

I am using : << cut / cut to comment out block of code. Works fine on few lines of script, then it gives me this cryptic error when I try to comment out about 80 lines. The "warning " is at last line of script. done < results 169 echo "END read all positioning parameters" 170... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut line from searched file if grep find neighbor columns

Hello All, While searching for the question, I found some answers but my implementation is not giving expected output. I have two files; one is sourcefile, other is named template. What I want to do is to search each line in template, when found all columns, cut the matching line from source... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
4 Replies
COROSYNC-QUORUMTOOL(8)					      System Manager's Manual					    COROSYNC-QUORUMTOOL(8)

NAME
corosync-quorumtool - Set and display quorum settings. SYNOPSIS
corosync-quorumtool [-s] [-l] [-v votes] [-n nodeid] [-e expected] [-h] [-i] DESCRIPTION
Display the current state of quorum in the cluster and set vote quorum options. OPTIONS
-s show quorum status -l list nodes -v <votes> change the number of votes for a node * -n <nodeid> optional nodeid of node for -v -e <expected> change expected votes for the cluster * -h show nodeids in hexadecimal rather than decimal -i show node IP addresses instead of the resolved name -h (if no other argument) show this help text * Starred items only work if votequorum is the quorum provider for corosync SEE ALSO
corosync_overview(8), votequorum_overview(8), AUTHOR
Angus Salkeld 2010-05-30 COROSYNC-QUORUMTOOL(8)