Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: prstat RSS memory
Operating Systems Solaris prstat RSS memory Post 302466628 by k4boy on Tuesday 26th of October 2010 08:48:57 PM
Old 10-26-2010
thanks for all that info ctsgnb your time and effort is very much appreciated !! i will look further into what you have recommened.
thanks, k

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with prstat

Hello, The last line of prstat shows load average. I am unable to figure out what actually it is. I have read the man pages and also googled, all for no use. Can somebody help me, as to what should be the avg. load of the system for best performance and how is this load of prstat calculated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Rss

Could RSS-support mod be installed for this forum? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eugrus
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Top and Prstat display different results for memory

I have a question about the accuracy of prstat. I did a 'prstat -t' and it shows 99% of my memory is occupied by oracle. NPROC USERNAME SIZE RSS MEMORY TIME CPU 194 oracle 343G 340G 99% 86:17.24 56% However, 'top' shows I still have 7762meg of memory free. Memory: 16G real, 7762M... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zen03
4 Replies

4. Solaris

prstat

hi all, was trying to figure out how busy my app was by looking at the performance of the app server. did a 'prstat -s rss' command to find the app servers using most memory. Found a command 'prstat -m' which is meant to show more details on each pid but the output of this command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
1 Replies

5. Solaris

100% memory usage in prstat

Hi Guys, I have observed the Oracle (DB USER) is utilizing 100% of the memory in the prstat -a output. I am bit confused is it normal and if not how to bring it down? ABout the machine it is a SunOS 5.10 Generic_125100-10 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200. Please see below output of prstat -a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
12 Replies

6. Solaris

Free memory in top and prstat command

Hi Export, i execute 'top' command to show the free memory in Solaris host, but the read is much lower than the RSS value shown in prstat command. Which one can reflect the real status and it is possible the difference caused by any patch of OS? Top command (only 883 memory is free)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eiga
3 Replies

7. Solaris

RSS pmap and prstat

Hi, I have some question about memory in Solaris. How it's possible that prstat -a show me that some process using 230M RSS and when I'm using pmap -x show me that this same process using only 90M RSS ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deivo
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Prstat rss and swap

Hi, someone please explain me what's the difference b/w rss and swap in PRSTAT. i'm getting output like below, NPROC USERNAME SWAP RSS MEMORY TIME CPU 70 weblogic 48G 46G 73% 449:17:03 0.4% swap always remains... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnys7143
11 Replies

9. Solaris

RSS of prstat vs RSS of PS

Hi, When I sum the RSS number in the ps command for a specific user and compare it with the RSS values of the prstat command of the same user - there is a big difference. Server details: Solaris 10 5/09 s10s_u7wos_08 SPARC prstat output: NPROC USERNAME SWAP RSS MEMORY TIME ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitlib
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)