Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Auto run script on USB device Post 302464298 by cbreiny on Tuesday 19th of October 2010 05:03:03 PM
Old 10-19-2010
Auto run script on USB device

Okay I want to write a script that I put on a jump drive. And when you plug the USB in this script executes. How would i go about doing this? I don't care what the program does right now. I just want to know how this would be done. Any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

mounting usb device

Hi Folks, I want to know how to mount usb device (cd,dvd etc) in linux, Regards, Manoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Usb Device

AM TRYING TO CONNECT A USB EXTERNAL DRIVE FOR BACKUP,THE USB SLOT IS AVAILABLE,BUT I DONT KNOW IF IT IS READY WHEN I CONNECT IT,AND WHAT COMMANDS DO I NEED. tHANKS (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script to Auto Run PHP Script

Hello All! I am looking to build a monitoring script. The script should always run as a system service of some type and should always check that a PHP script is running. Maybe there is a way to assign a PHP script to a certain PID so that the monitor script that check for the PID in top... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elDeuce
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detecting A USB Storage Device From A Script

I need a way to reliably detect a USB storage device from a bash script. I know how to use 'lsusb' to list the USB devices - but then how can I match a device listed in 'lsusb' output to an actual disk device? Is there some way to map one to the other? Any help appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmaddox099
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

safe removal of usb device

hi, I was wondering if there's a way to safely disconnect a usb device from computer, I ask this because in windows when you disconnect a usb pen with the safe removal, the pen light then turns off, while I tried removing the pen with solaris and the light was still on ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeware
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto-executing a script by plugging in a USB Stick - How?

I have a script. And I want it to be executed whenever I plug in my stick in my PC or in other PCs. I have heard about udev rules but they doesn't suit me, i have to do the same thing in more of 6 PCs - tiring. So, is there any way to auto-execute a script when the USB is plugged in?:confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to Block the USB device

Hi friends, I wanna know how to block USB devices in my RedHat flavor Operating system. regards, Prakash (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashkumar41
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

USB Device Identification

In linux system when a pnp usb device is plugged in then how does the system gets a notification of it? I mean to say in linux usb system there is usb host controller above which is host controller driver above which is usb core. So does the host controller/usb core keeps on polling the usb bus... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB device not recognised after re-connect

Hi all unixware 7.1.3 I'm afraid ! I connected a usb tape drive and it was automatically recognised in the device list (sdiconfig -l) and created devices in /dev/rmt (ctape1 etc.). I could successfully read and write to the device. Then unplugged the usb cable and plugged it back in again... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deel
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tar on usb device

Hi, i am developing an application on an ARM 7 architatcure with a small Linux. i want to run tar on a usb device (~10 Mb) but it runs realy slow. the command only takes 1% of cpu usage. is there a way to improve the tar command or is the USB-Connection the bottleneck here? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisk
4 Replies
GIMPTOOL-2.0(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   GIMPTOOL-2.0(1)

NAME
gimptool-2.0 - script to perform various GIMPy functions SYNOPSIS
gimptool-2.0 [--prefix[=DIR]] [--exec-prefix[=DIR]] [--version] [--help] [--quiet] [--silent] [-n] [--just-print] [--dry-run] [--recon] [--msvc-syntax] [--bindir] [--sbindir] [--libexecdir] [--datadir] [--sysconfdir] [--sharedstatedir] [--localstatedir] [--libdir] [--infodir] [--mandir] [--includedir] [--gimpplugindir] [--gimpdatadir] [--libs] [--libs-noui] [--cflags] [--cflags-noi] [--build plug-in.c] [--build-strip plug-in.c] [--install plug-in.c] [--install-strip plug-in.c] [--install-admin plug-in.c] [--install-bin plug-in] [--install-admin-strip plug-in.c] [--install-bin-strip plug-in] [--install-admin-bin plug-in] [--install-script script.scm] [--install-admin-script script.scm] [--uninstall-bin plug-in] [--uninstall-admin-bin plug-in] [--uninstall-script script.scm] [--unin- stall-admin-script script.scm] DESCRIPTION
gimptool-2.0 is a tool that can, among other things, build plug-ins or scripts and install them if they are distributed in one source file. gimptool-2.0 can also be used by programs that need to know what libraries and include-paths GIMP was compiled with. gimptool-2.0 uses pkg- config for this task. For use in Makefiles, it is recommended that you use pkg-config directly instead of calling gimptool-2.0. OPTIONS
gimptool-2.0 accepts the following options: --version Print the currently installed version of GIMP on the standard output. --help Print out the help blurb, showing commonly used commandline options. --quiet Run quietly without echoing any of the build commands. --silent Run silently without echoing any of the build commands. Same as --quiet. -n Test mode. Print the commands but don't actually execute them. Useful for making dry runs for testing. --just-print Test mode. Print the commands but don't actually execute them. Same as -n. --dry-run Test mode. Print the commands but don't actually execute them. Same as -n. --recon Test mode. Print the commands but don't actually execute them. Same as -n. --msvc-syntax Useful on Windows. Outputs the compiler and linker flags in the syntax used by Microsoft's toolchain. Passed to the pkg-config com- mand that does most of gimptool-2.0's work. --bindir Outputs the bindir used to install the GIMP. --sbindir Outputs the sbindir used to install the GIMP. --libexecdir Outputs the libexecdir used to install the GIMP. --datadir Outputs the datadir used to install the GIMP. --sysconfdir Outputs the sysconfdir used to install the GIMP. --sharedstatedir Outputs the sharedstatedir used to install the GIMP. --localstatedir Outputs the localstatedir used to install the GIMP. --libdir Outputs the libdir used to install the GIMP. --infodir Outputs the infodir used to install the GIMP. --mandir Outputs the mandir used to install the GIMP. --includedir Outputs the includedir used to install the GIMP. --gimpdatadir Outputs the actual directory where the GIMP data files were installed. --gimpplugindir Outputs the actual directory where the GIMP plug-ins were installed. --build plug-in.c Compile and link plug-in.c into a GIMP plug-in. --build-strip plug-in.c Compile,link, and strip plug-in.c into a GIMP plug-in. --install plug-in.c Compile, link, and install plug-in.c into the user's personal GIMP plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins) --install-strip plug-in.c Compile, link,strip, and install plug-in.c into the user's personal GIMP plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins) --install-admin plug-in.c Compile, link, and install plug-in.c into the system-wide GIMP plug-in directory (/usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins) --install-bin plug-in Install plug-in into the user's personal GIMP plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins) --install-admin-bin plug-in Install plug-in into the system-wide GIMP plug-in directory (/usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins) --install-bin-strip plug-in Install stripped plug-in into the user's personal GIMP plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins) --install-admin-bin-strip plug-in Install stripped plug-in into the system-wide GIMP plug-in directory (/usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins) --install-script script.scm Install script.scm into the user's personal GIMP script directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/scripts) --install-admin-script script.scm Install script.scm into the system-wide GIMP script directory (/usr/share/gimp/2.0/scripts) --uninstall-bin plug-in Uninstall plug-in from the user's personal GIMP plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins) --uninstall-admin-bin plug-in Uninstall plug-in from the system-wide GIMP plug-in directory (/usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins) --uninstall-script script.scm Uninstall script.scm from the user's personal GIMP script directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/scripts) --uninstall-admin-script script.scm Uninstall script.scm from the system-wide GIMP script directory (/usr/share/gimp/2.0/scripts) --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a GIMP plug-in. --libs-noui Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a GIMP plug-in, for plug-ins that do not require the GTK+ libraries. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a GIMP plug-in. --clags-noui Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a GIMP plug-in for plug-ins that do not require the GTK+ libraries. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that GIMP was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --exec-prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation exec prefix that GIMP was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. ENVIRONMENT
CC to get the name of the desired C compiler. CFLAGS to get the preferred flags to pass to the C compiler for plug-in building. LDFLAGS to get the preferred flags for passing to the linker. LIBS for passing extra libs that may be needed in the build process. For example, LIBS=-lintl . PKG_CONFIG to get the location of the pkg-config program that is used to determine details about your glib, pango, gtk+ and gimp installation. SEE ALSO
gimp(1), gimprc(5), pkg-config(1) AUTHORS
gimptool was written by Manish Singh (yosh@gimp.org) and is based on gtk-config by Owen Taylor (owen@gtk.org). This man page was written by Ben Gertzfield (che@debian.org), and tweaked by Manish Singh (yosh@gimp.org), Adrian Likins (adrian@gimp.org) and Marc Lehmann (pcg@goof.com>). GIMP Manual Pages Version 2.8.10 GIMPTOOL-2.0(1)