Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rsync a single file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting rsync a single file Post 302464134 by timgolding on Tuesday 19th of October 2010 11:03:17 AM
Old 10-19-2010
Hi thanks,

Been playing around trial and error style and tried some things.

I tried:
Code:
rsync -avz host:/path/to/file/file.csv /path/to/file/file.csv

That seemed to only do the one file and the file looks like it updated. Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rsync file list

Hello, I'm trying to utilize rsync to backup 7 gigs of approximately 10,000 files, from what I've read this should be no sweat. However subsequent syncs seem to build an entirely new file list and the process takes a great deal of time. Reading the man page I'm not sure if I need to specify a file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hexaplus
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

single quote problem with rsync

Hi everybody, I'm a newbie and hope that someone help me in this problem. I have a filename in LINUX with single quote like this: abs@hosttest:~/ABS/BETY/cygdrive/C/DECLARANOT 1.1.4/02 - ROCK/052 - GUNSROSES> dir You* -rw-r--r-- 1 abs users 2365881 2008-08-25 09:16 You're Crazy.mp3 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_boysito
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync with particular file pattern

I'd like to rsync any files that end with 'rpt' under source dir called 'opt', and here is the command i tried: rsync -avz --include='*.rpt' --exclude='*' /opt /tmp -n but the list returned is a complete listing under opt. can anyone help out please? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jw_712
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync - update file on backup when file renamed on source

hi all, Please help me with rsync. I configured rsync to preserve timestamps using the -a option. When i renamed fileA to fileB on source machine I have to copies at the backup server. The aim is to keep the most recent file. fileA & fileB has same contents. When i renamed fileB to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzip single file and untar single file

Dear friends, My requirement below- 1] I have a zip file on unix server - ETL_Extracts_20100218175009.zip which is composed of various entity extracts namely... ENTITY1.txt, ENTITY2.txt, ENTITY3.txt etc.... How do I unzip only a single file ..say ENTITY2.txt from this zip file. CAn you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync multiple directories into single directory on remote

I would like to find and backup all *.mp4 files from /Pictures and its sub-directories and move them to a single directory on a remote. I can find and move the files but I don't want the directory structure...just the files to be placed in a single remote directory. To find my files I use ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wreckedred
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync delete single file from the target folder

Hi We want to delete a single file from the destiantion directory using rsync. Is it possible to do this ? or Do we have any alternate approaches in rsync( for ex applying some filters ..etc) For ex: ----------------------------------------------- Source (Folder) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste 2 single column files to a single file

Hi, I have 2 csv/txt files with single columns. I am trying to merge them using paste, but its not working.. output3.csv: flowerbomb everlon-jewelry sofft steve-madden dolce-gabbana-watchoutput2.csv: http://www1.abc.com/cms/slp/2/Flowerbomb http://www1.abc.com/cms/slp/2/Everlon-Jewelry... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy local files to single remote host but multiple folders using rsync

I'm trying to copy a file myfile.scr from my local Linux server to multiple folders on remote AiX server using single rsync command. Below command helps me copy the file "myfile.scr" from my localhost to a remote host folder "/app/deployment/tmpfiles" rsync --delay-updates -F --compress... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
rsync_selinux(8)					rsync Selinux Policy documentation					  rsync_selinux(8)

NAME
rsync_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the rsync daemon DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the rsync server via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have an extended attribute to define the file type. Policy governs the access daemons have to these files. If you want to share files using the rsync daemon, you must label the files and directories public_content_t. So if you created a special directory /var/rsync, you would need to label the directory with the chcon tool. chcon -t public_content_t /var/rsync To make this change permanent (survive a relabel), use the semanage command to add the change to file context configuration: semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/rsync(/.*)?" This command adds the following entry to /etc/selinux/POLICYTYPE/contexts/files/file_contexts.local: /var/rsync(/.*)? system_u:object_r:publix_content_t:s0 Run the restorecon command to apply the changes: restorecon -R -v /var/rsync/ SHARING FILES
If you want to share files with multiple domains (Apache, FTP, rsync, Samba), you can set a file context of public_content_t and pub- lic_content_rw_t. These context allow any of the above domains to read the content. If you want a particular domain to write to the pub- lic_content_rw_t domain, you must set the appropriate boolean. allow_DOMAIN_anon_write. So for rsync you would execute: setsebool -P allow_rsync_anon_write=1 BOOLEANS
system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), rsync(1), chcon(1), setsebool(8), semanage(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 rsync_selinux(8)