Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rsync a single file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting rsync a single file Post 302464118 by timgolding on Tuesday 19th of October 2010 10:21:02 AM
Old 10-19-2010
rsync a single file

I have been using rsync scripts for a while and use them to sync directories across my servers. However i need to set up an rsync script to copy only one file from a server. Is this possible with rsync? If so how would i do this? I have looked on examples on the internet and only see examples for whole directories.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rsync file list

Hello, I'm trying to utilize rsync to backup 7 gigs of approximately 10,000 files, from what I've read this should be no sweat. However subsequent syncs seem to build an entirely new file list and the process takes a great deal of time. Reading the man page I'm not sure if I need to specify a file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hexaplus
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

single quote problem with rsync

Hi everybody, I'm a newbie and hope that someone help me in this problem. I have a filename in LINUX with single quote like this: abs@hosttest:~/ABS/BETY/cygdrive/C/DECLARANOT 1.1.4/02 - ROCK/052 - GUNSROSES> dir You* -rw-r--r-- 1 abs users 2365881 2008-08-25 09:16 You're Crazy.mp3 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_boysito
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync with particular file pattern

I'd like to rsync any files that end with 'rpt' under source dir called 'opt', and here is the command i tried: rsync -avz --include='*.rpt' --exclude='*' /opt /tmp -n but the list returned is a complete listing under opt. can anyone help out please? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jw_712
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync - update file on backup when file renamed on source

hi all, Please help me with rsync. I configured rsync to preserve timestamps using the -a option. When i renamed fileA to fileB on source machine I have to copies at the backup server. The aim is to keep the most recent file. fileA & fileB has same contents. When i renamed fileB to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzip single file and untar single file

Dear friends, My requirement below- 1] I have a zip file on unix server - ETL_Extracts_20100218175009.zip which is composed of various entity extracts namely... ENTITY1.txt, ENTITY2.txt, ENTITY3.txt etc.... How do I unzip only a single file ..say ENTITY2.txt from this zip file. CAn you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync multiple directories into single directory on remote

I would like to find and backup all *.mp4 files from /Pictures and its sub-directories and move them to a single directory on a remote. I can find and move the files but I don't want the directory structure...just the files to be placed in a single remote directory. To find my files I use ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wreckedred
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync delete single file from the target folder

Hi We want to delete a single file from the destiantion directory using rsync. Is it possible to do this ? or Do we have any alternate approaches in rsync( for ex applying some filters ..etc) For ex: ----------------------------------------------- Source (Folder) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste 2 single column files to a single file

Hi, I have 2 csv/txt files with single columns. I am trying to merge them using paste, but its not working.. output3.csv: flowerbomb everlon-jewelry sofft steve-madden dolce-gabbana-watchoutput2.csv: http://www1.abc.com/cms/slp/2/Flowerbomb http://www1.abc.com/cms/slp/2/Everlon-Jewelry... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy local files to single remote host but multiple folders using rsync

I'm trying to copy a file myfile.scr from my local Linux server to multiple folders on remote AiX server using single rsync command. Below command helps me copy the file "myfile.scr" from my localhost to a remote host folder "/app/deployment/tmpfiles" rsync --delay-updates -F --compress... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
PARALLEL-RSYNC(1)														 PARALLEL-RSYNC(1)

NAME
parallel-rsync - deploy files to listed hosts SYNOPSIS
parallel-rsync [OPTIONS] -h hosts.txt local remote DESCRIPTION
pssh provides a number of commands for executing against a group of computers, using SSH. It's most useful for operating on clusters of homogenously-configured hosts. parallel-rsync deploy files files to all hosts you listed. OPTIONS
-r --recursive recusively copy directories (OPTIONAL) -a ----archive use rsync -a (archive mode) (OPTIONAL) -z --compress use rsync compression (OPTIONAL) -h --hosts hosts file (each line "host[:port] [user]") -l --user username (OPTIONAL) -p --par max number of parallel threads (OPTIONAL) -o --outdir output directory for stdout files (OPTIONAL) -e --errdir output directory for stderr files (OPTIONAL) -t --timeout timeout (secs) (-1 = no timeout) per host (OPTIONAL) -O --options SSH options (OPTIONAL) -v --verbose turn on warning and diagnostic messages (OPTIONAL) EXAMPLE
# parallel-rsync -r -h hosts.txt -l irb2 foo /home/irb2/foo ENVIRONMENT
All four programs take similar sets of options. All of these options can be set using the following environment variables: o PSSH_HOSTS o PSSH_USER o PSSH_PAR o PSSH_OUTDIR o PSSH_VERBOSE o PSSH_OPTIONS SEE ALSO
parallel-ssh(1), parallel-scp(1), parallel-slurp(1), parallel-nuke(1), ssh(1), rsync(1) AUTHOR
Brent N. Chun <bnc@theether.org> COPYING
Copyright: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Brent N. Chun NOTES
1. bnc@theether.org mailto:bnc@theether.org 03/30/2009 PARALLEL-RSYNC(1)