Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting "date" difference between FreeBSD & Linux Post 302463146 by agama on Saturday 16th of October 2010 12:18:08 AM
Old 10-16-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPickett
Yes, the David Korn is still with us, and getting the newer ksh opens a lot of new doors. Maybe BASH will pick up more ksh-isms. I am still a ksh guy, by immersion and satisfaction, especially on systems with <() = systems with /dev/fd/# like Solaris.
I agree -- it's very frustrating to work with bash after enjoying the features of Kshell.

If anybody is interested in keeping up with Kshell or AST (a set of software tools from AT&T Labs Research) you can join one of the mailing lists listed on this page:

AT&T Research AST and UWIN mailing groups

I think this is a worthwhile mailing list to belong to.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nescape & dial up networking "Linux"

Sorry I need to Know How to connect to the Internet using Netscape in the GUI of the Red Hat Linux .....using phone line with a modem Us robbitics ....Such as in windows We add dial up adapter etc ......:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atiato
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

[[ $(date +%Y) == 2007 ]] && echo "Happy New Year"

Same as the Title! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between ">/dev/null 2>&1" and "2>&1 >/dev/null"

Does >/dev/null 2>&1 and 2>&1 >/dev/null mean the same? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

4. Solaris

difference between "root" and "usr" packages

Hi, could someone pls enlighten me on the difference between the "root" package and "usr" package? Like in this example: pkginfo -l SUNWGtku | grep -i desc DESC: GTK - The GIMP Toolkit (Usr) and pkginfo -l SUNWGtkr | grep -i desc DESC: GTK - The GIMP Toolkit (Root)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masloff
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between "/bin/bash" & "/bin/sh"

what if the difference between #!/bin/sh and #!/bin/bash I wrote a script with the second heading now when i change my heading to the first one ...the script is not executing well....im not getting the required output....any solution to this problem...or do i have to start the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerox
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

files having Script which works behind "who" & "w" commands

Dear All, plz print the path of files which have the script of "who" & "w" commands. thnx in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

8. Web Development

How would I mod_rewrite "/~a1Pha" and "/=a1Pha" to "/paste/a1Pha.htm"? (internally & externally)

Basically I want to shorten URLs on my html pasting site (pasteht.ml), by using "/~a1Pha" instead of "/paste/a1Pha". The ID is 5 numbers and letters, both cases. For example: /~idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /=idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /paste/idnum redirects to /~idnum (to update any old... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phillips1012
0 Replies
NWFSTIME(1)							     nwfstime							       NWFSTIME(1)

NAME
nwfstime - Display / Set a NetWare server's date and time SYNOPSIS
nwfstime [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -s ] DESCRIPTION
nwfstime displays a NetWare server's date and time. You can also set a NetWare server's date and time from the local time. OPTIONS
-h With -h nwfstime prints a little help text. -S server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. To set the server's time, you need supervisor privileges. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwfstime prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. As you need supervisor privileges for setting the date and time, this option is probably not used very often. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -s With -s, nwfstime sets the file server's date and time according to the local date and time. nwfstime 12/10/1996 NWFSTIME(1)