Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting "date" difference between FreeBSD & Linux Post 302462709 by fpmurphy on Thursday 14th of October 2010 11:00:47 PM
Old 10-15-2010
Quote:
The moon is a whole new family of calculations, perhaps best left to the rabbi, imam or Pope!
Interestingly, there is such a class for PHP: Moon Phase

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nescape & dial up networking "Linux"

Sorry I need to Know How to connect to the Internet using Netscape in the GUI of the Red Hat Linux .....using phone line with a modem Us robbitics ....Such as in windows We add dial up adapter etc ......:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atiato
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

[[ $(date +%Y) == 2007 ]] && echo "Happy New Year"

Same as the Title! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between ">/dev/null 2>&1" and "2>&1 >/dev/null"

Does >/dev/null 2>&1 and 2>&1 >/dev/null mean the same? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

4. Solaris

difference between "root" and "usr" packages

Hi, could someone pls enlighten me on the difference between the "root" package and "usr" package? Like in this example: pkginfo -l SUNWGtku | grep -i desc DESC: GTK - The GIMP Toolkit (Usr) and pkginfo -l SUNWGtkr | grep -i desc DESC: GTK - The GIMP Toolkit (Root)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masloff
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between "/bin/bash" & "/bin/sh"

what if the difference between #!/bin/sh and #!/bin/bash I wrote a script with the second heading now when i change my heading to the first one ...the script is not executing well....im not getting the required output....any solution to this problem...or do i have to start the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerox
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

files having Script which works behind "who" & "w" commands

Dear All, plz print the path of files which have the script of "who" & "w" commands. thnx in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

8. Web Development

How would I mod_rewrite "/~a1Pha" and "/=a1Pha" to "/paste/a1Pha.htm"? (internally & externally)

Basically I want to shorten URLs on my html pasting site (pasteht.ml), by using "/~a1Pha" instead of "/paste/a1Pha". The ID is 5 numbers and letters, both cases. For example: /~idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /=idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /paste/idnum redirects to /~idnum (to update any old... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phillips1012
0 Replies
WMMOONCLOCK(1)						      General Commands Manual						    WMMOONCLOCK(1)

NAME
WMMOONCLOCK - Dockable Moon Phase Clock SYNOPSIS
wmMoonClock [-display <Display>] [-bc <Color>] [-lc <Color>] [-dc <Color>] [-low] [-lat <Latitude>] [-lon <Longitude>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
wmMoonClock displays the current phase of the moon. Clicking on the icon brings up different displays -- there are 5 in all. The different "pages" are; First Page Shows the Moon phase image. Second Page Shows the current Local Time (LT) and Universal Time (UT), the Moon's Age (number of days since last new moon), the geometric (as opposed to temporal) fraction of the way through the current lunar cyle (e.g. 50 for full moon), the fraction of the Moon's disc that is illuminated (ratio of area illuminated to total area of disc) and whether the Moon is (locally) visible of not (i.e. is it above the horizon?). Third Page Shows the Rise and Set times for yesterday (first line), today (middle line), and tommorrow (last line). If the Moon does not rise or set on a given day a `null time' is shown (--:--). Note that these times should still be good for high latitude observers. Also note that there will always be at least one (--:--) showing up per month. This is because once per month the Moon will rise (set) on a given day but will set (rise) in the very early portion of the next day. Fourth Page Shows the Moon's horizon coordinates (i.e. the Altitude/Azimuth system). Azimuth is measured in degrees CCW from due south, and altitude is measured in degrees from the horizon up to the Moon. Distance (Dist) is measured in units on Earth radii (1 Re is about 6370km). Note that this is a local coordinate system and will not be correct if the observer's latitude and longitude are not set correctly. Fifth Page Shows the Moon's ecliptic coordinates. (i.e. the Right Ascention/Declination system). Useful for astronomers? Many of the quantities shown will not be correct unless LT and UT are correct, and the user specifies the proper latitude and longitude. OPTIONS
-display <display> Use an alternate X Display. -bc Set background color. (E.g. #7e9e69 or blue) -lc Set color of text labels. -dc Set color of data values. -low Conserve colors. For 8-bit displays, a lower-color pixmap will be used automatically, but you can also force its use on higher-color displays if necessary. -lat <Latitude> Observers Latitude in degrees. Positive in northern hemisphere, negative in southern hemisphere. -lon <Longitude> Observers Longitude in degrees. Greenwich is 0.0, and longitude increases positively toward the west. (Alternatively, negative num- bers can also be used to specify longitudes to the east of Greenwich). -h Display list of command-line options. BUGS
Who knows? (Let me know if you find any). AUTHOR
Michael G. Henderson <mghenderson@lanl.gov> 21 December 1998 WMMOONCLOCK(1)