Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copying files between users
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copying files between users Post 302462500 by jimmy54321 on Thursday 14th of October 2010 11:03:14 AM
Old 10-14-2010
As above, but don't forget to make sure you have the correct permissions on the destination folder.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files

I like to know the command structure of copying files/directories from a unix box using telnet session to a windows box. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpheusm
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Copying Files and

I am new user to solaris and installed solaris operating system on full Harddisk 120Gb. I am unable to copy music files to desktop and /home directory. One thing happened while registering is- i entered login-root and its password. The message prompted your system is crashed. Is it because of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patilmukundraj
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying files

hi I want to copy all files from the current directory and move to .archive file. Moreover,I want to add .bak to each file name, that will be copied. How can I do that? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Copying Files

Hi, I understand that to copy files across server, the feasible way will be using scp command. Am I right? What if the two servers are not connected to a network? If by using a cross cable to link up both the server, what will be the best (fastest) way to copy files across? scp as well? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user50210
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copying of files by userB, dir & files owned by userA

I am userB and have a dir /temp1 This dir is owned by me. How do I recursively copy files from another users's dir userA? I need to preserve the original user who created files, original group information, original create date, mod date etc. I tried cp -pr /home/userA/* . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying Files

Hi All, I'm trying to list some files from my log directory and files are like this log.20110302_20.gz log.20110302_21.gz log.20110302_22.gz log.20110302_23.gz log.20110303_00.gz log.20110303_01.gz log.20110303_02.gz ............ log.20110311_22.gz log.20110311_23.gz... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files copying - [ Listed files alone. ] - Shell script

Hi All, I am doing this for svn patch making. I got the list of files to make the patch. I have the list in a file with path of all the files. To Do From Directory : /myproject/MainDir To Directory : /myproject/data List of files need to copy is in the file: /myproject/filesList.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files

All, I need to grab and rename common files from several unique directory structures. For example, the directory structures looks like: /unique_dir/common/common/common/person_name_dir/common_file.txt There are over 90,000 of these text files that I'd like to put in a single directory as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hburnswell
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files

I'm trying to do this exact same thing, so far I have created this to move files i've named my script CP.sh #!/bin/bash cd /root/my-documents/NewDir/ for f in *.doc do cp -v $f root/my-documents/NewDir $f{%.doc} done When i go to run this in the console i type, bin/sh/ CP.sh but it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKTM_93_SIMP
7 Replies
rmf(1)							      General Commands Manual							    rmf(1)

NAME
rmf - remove folder (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-help] [-[no]interactive] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder. By default, rmf deletes a folder and its messages without asking for confirmation. If you specify the -interactive option, rmf asks if you are sure before deleting the folder. You are advised to use this option, since when rmf deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably. DESCRIPTION
The rmf command removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed. You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. If you do not specify a folder, and rmf cannot find the current folder,rmf asks you whether you want to delete +inbox instead. If the current folder is removed, it makes +inbox current. Note that the rmf command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution. If the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and rmf tells you that this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. Using rmf to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder itself. If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory EXAMPLES
This example shows how rmf asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used: % rmf -interactive +test Remove folder "test"? y FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
rmm(1) rmf(1)