Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? For Indian Members: What City Do You Live? Post 302461224 by vjauhari on Saturday 9th of October 2010 07:06:52 AM
Old 10-09-2010
Yes.. Bangalore is nice place to live.. but only at home or office.. :-) Roads are worst and traffic is too much.

I am also from Bangalore

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

city wide connection

what would be the best way to phyisically connect a series of computerised bus stops to a central computer in a city-wide network?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spitfireuk1
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

For China members:which city do you live?

hi guys: i am live in Changsha China , i am study here . which city do you live? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingdream
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates In this version of the UserCP, I have changed "Live Chat" to "Live Updates" by disabling the ability to post in the "live chat" area and changed the name to "Live Updates" The reason for this change is that experienced... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
MYSQLI_REAL_ESCAPE_STRING(3)						 1					      MYSQLI_REAL_ESCAPE_STRING(3)

mysqli::real_escape_string  -  Escapes	special characters in a string for use in an SQL statement, taking into account the current charset of the
connection

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
string mysqli::escape_string (string $escapestr) DESCRIPTION
string mysqli::real_escape_string (string $escapestr) Procedural style string mysqli_real_escape_string (mysqli $link, string $escapestr) This function is used to create a legal SQL string that you can use in an SQL statement. The given string is encoded to an escaped SQL string, taking into account the current character set of the connection. Caution Security: the default character set The character set must be set either at the server level, or with the API function mysqli_set_charset(3) for it to affect mysqli_real_escape_string(3). See the concepts section on character sets for more information. PARAMETERS
o $ link -Procedural style only: A link identifier returned by mysqli_connect(3) or mysqli_init(3) o $escapestr - The string to be escaped. Characters encoded are NUL (ASCII 0), , , , ', ", and Control-Z. RETURN VALUES
Returns an escaped string. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mysqli::real_escape_string example Object oriented style <?php $mysqli = new mysqli("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "world"); /* check connection */ if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } $mysqli->query("CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE myCity LIKE City"); $city = "'s Hertogenbosch"; /* this query will fail, cause we didn't escape $city */ if (!$mysqli->query("INSERT into myCity (Name) VALUES ('$city')")) { printf("Error: %s ", $mysqli->sqlstate); } $city = $mysqli->real_escape_string($city); /* this query with escaped $city will work */ if ($mysqli->query("INSERT into myCity (Name) VALUES ('$city')")) { printf("%d Row inserted. ", $mysqli->affected_rows); } $mysqli->close(); ?> Procedural style <?php $link = mysqli_connect("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "world"); /* check connection */ if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } mysqli_query($link, "CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE myCity LIKE City"); $city = "'s Hertogenbosch"; /* this query will fail, cause we didn't escape $city */ if (!mysqli_query($link, "INSERT into myCity (Name) VALUES ('$city')")) { printf("Error: %s ", mysqli_sqlstate($link)); } $city = mysqli_real_escape_string($link, $city); /* this query with escaped $city will work */ if (mysqli_query($link, "INSERT into myCity (Name) VALUES ('$city')")) { printf("%d Row inserted. ", mysqli_affected_rows($link)); } mysqli_close($link); ?> The above examples will output: Error: 42000 1 Row inserted. NOTES
Note For those accustomed to using mysql_real_escape_string(3), note that the arguments of mysqli_real_escape_string(3) differ from what mysql_real_escape_string(3) expects. The $link identifier comes first in mysqli_real_escape_string(3), whereas the string to be escaped comes first in mysql_real_escape_string(3). SEE ALSO
mysqli_set_charset(3), mysqli_character_set_name(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQLI_REAL_ESCAPE_STRING(3)