Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] trying to install pecl without having it prompt for a yes m Post 302460090 by vbe on Wednesday 6th of October 2010 04:29:52 AM
Old 10-06-2010
Thanks for keeping us informed..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 install doesn't display Network Connectivity prompt page

I have two Dell x86 machines on which I am attempting to install Solaris 10 from CD. I am not doing a Jumpstart install. This is my first experience in installing Solaris (or any other OS). I am following the instructions at How to Quickly Install the Solaris 10 1/06 OS The first machine... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarahsi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to install jdk 6u17 in a prompt-less script

I came across this site while Googling for how to silently install JDK 6u17. I didn't find a solution, but I came up with this hack so I thought I'd post it here: The trick is to just temporarily disable the "more" application: ]# chmod u+x jdk-6u17-linux-x64-rpm.bin ]# # Prevent prompts...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhart
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Help needed to have changing value to the command prompt string variable PS1

Hi, I am using git bash terminal window to do git operations. I have set the prompt string variable PS1 in the ~/.bashrc file as follows: export PS1=" " This is intended to show me the current git branch's name which is active as part of the prompt string. But, the problem is when I do a git... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Variable Name as a Prompt

Dear Members, I have an variable by name dir.If i do echo $dir i will get the path (/usr/bin/). I am writing a shell script which will prompt to enter the variable name if run.Suppose the script name is test.sh. If run test.sh it will prompt for entering variable name which is dir.Suppose... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing PECL LUA on Centos for PHP

I'm kinda new to Linux, I'm mostly run websites, and it's rather easy to do everything... except install this PECL LUA plugin. :wall: I start by running this command: pecl install lua-0.9.4 downloading lua-0.9.4.tgz ... Starting to download lua-0.9.4.tgz (12,617 bytes) .....done: 12,617... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackstar
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Running scripts in parallel that issue prompt

Hi all - I am totally stuck here :wall I have been asked to write a shell script that does a few little things and then reads from a config file and kicks off an instance of another script, say scriptB.ksh for each line in the config file. These should all be run in parallel. This is all fine but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjmolloy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Prompt problem while using mget to ftp

I am writing a scritp in which first step is to get some files from a server. I am using mget to do that. here is my FTP code ... HOST="XXX.XXX.com" 28 ftp -inv $HOST <<END &> $FTP_LOG 29 quote USER $USER 30 quote PASS $PASWD 31 cd log 32 prompt off 33 binary 34 mget... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashidhar
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Help with Overriding a Prompt in UNIX/Java

I am executing a shell script which contains a jar call to an external java package for which I don’t have a read access to. The external package was written in such a way that whenever we make a java –jar call to the package, it shows a prompt on the console asking if we want to continue or no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Harry1302
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

[Solved] Cannot install git on RHEL 6

Hi, I am trying to install git on RHEL 6. From the research I have done I should be able to just say: sudo yum install git but it is not working (it says no package git is available). I am fairly new to linux and cannot figure this out. Thanks for any help you can provide. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsabol
7 Replies
install(1)						      General Commands Manual							install(1)

Name
       install - install binaries

Syntax
       install [-c] [-m mode] [-o owner] [-g group] [-s] binary destination

Description
       The  binary  is moved to destination.  If destination already exists, it is removed before binary is moved.  If the destination is a direc-
       tory then binary is moved into the destination directory with its original file-name.

The command refuses to move a file onto itself.

Options
       -c		   Copies binary to destination.

-g group 	   Specifies a different group from group staff for destination.  The destination is changed to group system; the -g group
			   option  may	be used to specify a different group.  The user must belong to the specified group and be the owner of the
			   file or the superuser.

-m mode		   Specifies a different mode from the standard 755 for destination.

-o owner 	   Specifies a different owner from owner root for destination.  The destination is changed  to  current  owner.   The	-o
			   owner option may be used to specify a different owner, but only the superuser can change the owner.

-s		   Strips the binary after it is installed.

See Also
       chgrp(1), chmod(1), cp(1), mv(1), strip(1), chown(8)

install(1)