Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX I need command for HBA model & firmware please Post 302457746 by dukessd on Tuesday 28th of September 2010 05:25:19 PM
Old 09-28-2010
Silly questions.

I looked at this when it was posted and thought this is not relevant to this platform.

For a multi-vendor platform like windows or Linux or x86 it would almost make sense, if the relevant information was posted, but for AIX / rs6k / pSeries / systemP / POWER this sort of question just does not make sense.

If you can justify the questions in a way that applies to this platform then we can help but your questions just do not apply here.

For example:

1)HBA vendor, HBA model, HBA driver version & HBA firmware.

Well the vendor will be IBM or you need to look elsewhere if you have some non-IBM adapter and driver installed.
The model is in the vpd, lscfg -vl fcs<x>
The driver is a function of the AIX TL and SP, oslevel -s, emgr, Etc.
The firmware on an AIX fibre adapter (HBA is not appropriate in this environment because it is a meaningless term, also device firmware is referred to as microcode for adapters and devices around here) is also in the lscfg -vl fcsx output, in the Z9 field from memory.

So, now you know, what use is this to you?

Here we try to help people overcome genuine problems and you do not seem to have any relevant knowledge or reasonable goal so please enlighten us to what you really want to do / know / achieve and we may be able to tell what you want.

If you want to inventory your machines, or check your machines are up to date, then just ask because there are all sorts of tools for that, without you trying to reinvent the world - and then trying to understand what you have done, will do all this for you.

Welcome to AIX, better than the rest and getting better all the time.
This User Gave Thanks to dukessd For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Command to get the details and number of HBA cards

Hiii... Every one.... I want to know the command to get the details and number of HBA cards attached to a server. I know that we can use "powermt display", but nither my cards are connected to the storage nor powerpath is active. I am using SUN server with Solaris -9. Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reboot
4 Replies

2. AIX

Update firmware HBA

Hello I have a question I have several partitions P550 Aix 5.3 and I need to update the HBA firmware, in some partitions I have two HBA and in others I have one HBA only. My question is if I have to reboot my partitions after update the firmware level. and If I can do it online or I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Command to check firmware version

Command to check firmware version of HP x86 server on which solaris installed. I m not getting version by using prtdiag -v command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunray
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Few things related to HBA port & fcinfo command

Hi Gurus I need to know few things related to HBA port & fcinfo command I have a server where there are 4 HBA ports cards are their. Out of 4 ports 2 are in use & 2 are not in use when I check it physicall. Now I want to know the command through which I can get information about all above... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
6 Replies

5. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to obtain old version of HBA firmware ?

Hi all: I have a need to down-rev my AIX HBA firmware due to storage instability after upgrading, but IBM support only makes the latest version of firmware available for download. Can anyone provide pointer/tips for obtaining old HBA firmware ? Specifics: 280B HBA df1000fa driver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwachtler
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Solaris HBA & Driver identification help

Gents, I am new with Solaris and working on couple of Solaris 8 and 9's. 1. ) I am having issues finding which model of HBA is connected to the host. I got a link to kb qlogic com/KanisaPlatform/Publishing/130/10441_f.html But, it is incomplete as read in many places.. Do we have updated... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcd.us786
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Show HBA WWN on AIX & Linux

Hi all, I have an environment with Aix and Linux severs zoned to tape drives I'd like to list HBAs WWN on my servers which are zoned to the drives. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Command for viewing hba cards on rhel7

hi all, I am trying to view the hba cards on a rhel7 server (storage says they are there, but I am not seeing them. I tried lspci -nn | grep -i hba lspci |grep qla I tried looking in /sys/class/fc_host.. but it is empty. I am not sure if I am looking in the right spot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
0 Replies
tran_tgt_init(9E)						Driver Entry Points						 tran_tgt_init(9E)

NAME
tran_tgt_init - request to initialize HBA resources on behalf of a particular target SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> void prefixtran_tgt_init(dev_info_t *hba_dip, dev_info_t *tgt_dip, scsi_hba_tran_t *hba_tran, struct scsi_device *sd); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris architecture specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
hba_dip Pointer to a dev_info_t structure, referring to the HBA device instance. tgt_dip Pointer to a dev_info_t structure, referring to the target device instance. hba_tran Pointer to a scsi_hba_tran(9S) structure, consisting of the HBA's transport vectors. sd Pointer to a scsi_device(9S) structure, describing the target. DESCRIPTION
The tran_tgt_init() vector in the scsi_hba_tran(9S) structure may be initialized during the HBA driver's attach(9E) to point to an HBA driver function to be called by the system when an instance of a target device is being created. The tran_tgt_init() vector, if not NULL,is called after the dev_info node structure is created for this target device instance, but before probe(9E) for this instance is called. Before receiving transport requests from the target driver instance, the HBA may perform any initialization required for this par- ticular target during the call of the tran_tgt_init() vector. Note that hba_tran will point to a cloned copy of the scsi_hba_tran_t structure allocated by the HBA driver if the SCSI_HBA_TRAN_CLONE flag was specified in the call to scsi_hba_attach(9F). In this case, the HBA driver may choose to initialize the tran_tgt_private field in the structure pointed to by hba_tran, to point to the data specific to the particular target device instance. RETURN VALUES
tran_tgt_init() must return: DDI_SUCCESS the HBA driver can support the addressed target, and was able to initialize per-target resources. DDI_FAILURE the HBA driver cannot support the addressed target, or was unable to initialize per-target resources. In this event, the initialization of this instance of the target device will not be continued, the target driver's probe(9E) will not be called, and the tgt_dip structure destroyed. SEE ALSO
attach(9E), probe(9E), tran_tgt_free(9E), tran_tgt_probe(9E), scsi_hba_attach_setup(9F), scsi_device(9S), scsi_hba_tran(9S) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.11 1 Nov 1993 tran_tgt_init(9E)