Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX I need command for HBA model & firmware please Post 302457501 by bakunin on Tuesday 28th of September 2010 07:07:05 AM
Old 09-28-2010
Ad 1) Try "lsdev" and read the man page of it.
Ad 2-3) Try "lslpp" and read the man page of it.
Ad 4) Try "lssrc" and read the man page of it. (Tip: look for the cluster software)

I hope this helps.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Command to get the details and number of HBA cards

Hiii... Every one.... I want to know the command to get the details and number of HBA cards attached to a server. I know that we can use "powermt display", but nither my cards are connected to the storage nor powerpath is active. I am using SUN server with Solaris -9. Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reboot
4 Replies

2. AIX

Update firmware HBA

Hello I have a question I have several partitions P550 Aix 5.3 and I need to update the HBA firmware, in some partitions I have two HBA and in others I have one HBA only. My question is if I have to reboot my partitions after update the firmware level. and If I can do it online or I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Command to check firmware version

Command to check firmware version of HP x86 server on which solaris installed. I m not getting version by using prtdiag -v command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunray
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Few things related to HBA port & fcinfo command

Hi Gurus I need to know few things related to HBA port & fcinfo command I have a server where there are 4 HBA ports cards are their. Out of 4 ports 2 are in use & 2 are not in use when I check it physicall. Now I want to know the command through which I can get information about all above... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
6 Replies

5. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to obtain old version of HBA firmware ?

Hi all: I have a need to down-rev my AIX HBA firmware due to storage instability after upgrading, but IBM support only makes the latest version of firmware available for download. Can anyone provide pointer/tips for obtaining old HBA firmware ? Specifics: 280B HBA df1000fa driver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwachtler
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Solaris HBA & Driver identification help

Gents, I am new with Solaris and working on couple of Solaris 8 and 9's. 1. ) I am having issues finding which model of HBA is connected to the host. I got a link to kb qlogic com/KanisaPlatform/Publishing/130/10441_f.html But, it is incomplete as read in many places.. Do we have updated... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcd.us786
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Show HBA WWN on AIX & Linux

Hi all, I have an environment with Aix and Linux severs zoned to tape drives I'd like to list HBAs WWN on my servers which are zoned to the drives. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Command for viewing hba cards on rhel7

hi all, I am trying to view the hba cards on a rhel7 server (storage says they are there, but I am not seeing them. I tried lspci -nn | grep -i hba lspci |grep qla I tried looking in /sys/class/fc_host.. but it is empty. I am not sure if I am looking in the right spot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
0 Replies
HBA_RefreshInformation(3HBAAPI) 	      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions		   HBA_RefreshInformation(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_RefreshInformation, HBA_RefreshAdapterConfiguration - refresh information for a specific HBA SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> void HBA_RefreshInformation(HBA_HANDLE handle); void HBA_RefreshAdapterConfiguration(void); PARAMETERS
handle an open handle returned from HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) DESCRIPTION
The HBA_RefreshInformation() function requests that the underlying VSL reload all information about the given HBA. This function should be called whenever any function returns HBA_STATUS_ERROR_STALE_DATA, or if an index that was previously valid returns HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLE- GAL_INDEX. Because the underlying VSL can reset all indexes relating to the HBA, all old index values must be discarded by the caller. The HBA_RefreshAdapterConfiguration() function updates information about the HBAs present on the system. This function does not change any of the relationships between the HBA API and adapters that have not been reconfigured. HBA handles continue to refer to the same HBA even if it is no longer installed. The HBA name or index assigned by the library remains assigned to the same HBA even if it has been removed and reinstalled, as long as the bus position, WWN, and OS device have not changed. Adapter that have been removed and not replaced cannot have their HBA handles, HBA names, and HBA indexes reassigned. Calls to these adapters will generate HBA_STATUS_ERROR_UNAVAILABLE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API | | |version 1) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 | | |(API version 2) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI), libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.10 1 Sep 2003 HBA_RefreshInformation(3HBAAPI)