Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linux Script create index.html file Post 302456721 by seashell11 on Saturday 25th of September 2010 12:34:29 PM
Old 09-25-2010
Thank You. And no, this is not for homework. It is for a personal web server that I set up so that I can watch all of my movies in WebM format with my laptop. I already wrote a script that finds all of the WebM files and creates a html file for each webm file so that I can view them. Now I just am figuring out how to make indexes of all of the files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

which access right should set in my webpage index.html ?

I have a webpage, http://my.dns.com/~zp523/index.html, I want all people to have read and execute privileges. I want to extend it with execute privilege. Which command should be used in chmod? is it only give read(r) & execute(x) parameter in 'chmod ??? index.html' thk a lot!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zp523444
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

why the inode index of file system starts from 1 unlike array index(0)

why do inode indices starts from 1 unlike array indexes which starts from 0 its a question from "the design of unix operating system" of maurice j bach id be glad if i get to know the answer quickly :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sairamdevotee
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a html file if a process is running??

Hi All, I need to check for a process, if the process is running then I have to create an HTML file, say A.HTML. If the process is not running then I have to rename the existing html, say A.HTML to B.HTML so that the process which looks for the file A.HTML does not find it? How do I do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with a bash script to create a html table

Hi guys as the title says i need a little help i have partisally written a bash script to create a table in html so if i use ./test 3,3 i get the following output for the third arguement in the script i wish to include content that will be replace the A characters in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunryc
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create table file from different files with index

Hi, I've several files with two collumns, where first collumn can be used as index. filename1 and filename2 how to create a file I should start with cat all files and extract first collumn to create an index? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sargotrons
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to Use a UNIX Shell Script to Create an HTML Web Page?

dear friends , in my work i have to monitor some system performance in hourly basis by runing some commands , for example (lpstat) to know that all the queue is ready how can i create webpage and connect it with the server (AIX operating system) and make this page refreshed every 10 second and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rami abusweilei
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to execute a script to populate all directories with index.html

Hello, I am trying to create a php file that would copy given index.html file to all directories (and subdirectories) on my site that don't have one. This is to prevent directory listings on nginx. This index.html file is placed in the /populate directory and looks like this: <html> <head>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: teletubby
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attach multiple index.html file using mutt

Hi I want to attach multiple index.html, index_v2 file using mutt command basically i want first index.html and then index_v2.html file as a body in email , these html files are test reports I am using following command , but it is over writing , any help appreceated ;) mutt -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar.t@hp
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read log file to create Performance index

I am required to create a CSV file reading last 200000 lines form a log file. I have to grep 3 parameters from this log file and write these parameters in the .csv file, with time stamp. This script will be setup in a cron job which will run every 10 minutes. I have written the script but it is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_Nix
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create html <ui> <li> by parsing text file

Hi you all, this is my first post in this forum. I'm italian (please forgive me) :-) so my english will fail to be correct... Anyway, let's get straight to the point! I have a text file like this: ,,,, Disney: 00961-002,,,, ,Pippo: 00531-002,,, ,,Pluto: 00238-002,, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alcresio
5 Replies
nissetup(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      nissetup(1M)

NAME
nissetup - initialize a NIS+ domain SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nis/nissetup [-Y] [domain] DESCRIPTION
nissetup is a shell script that sets up a NIS+ domain to service clients that wish to store system administration information in a domain named domain. This domain should already exist prior to executing this command. See nismkdir(1) and nisinit(1M). A NIS+ domain consists of a NIS+ directory and its subdirectories: org_dir and groups_dir. org_dir stores system administration informa- tion and groups_dir stores information for group access control. nissetup creates the subdirectories org_dir and groups_dir in domain. Both subdirectories will be replicated on the same servers as the parent domain. After the subdirectories are created, nissetup creates the default tables that NIS+ serves. These are auto_master, auto_home, bootparams, cred, ethers, group, hosts, mail_aliases, netmasks, networks, passwd, protocols, rpc, services, and timezone. The nissetup script uses the nistbladm(1) command to create these tables. The script can be easily customized to add site specific tables that are created at setup time. This command is normally executed just once per domain. While this command creates the default tables, it does not initialize them with data. This is accomplished with the nisaddent(1M) command. It is easier to use the nisserver(1M) script to create subdirectories and the default tables. OPTIONS
-Y Specify that the domain will be served as both a NIS+ domain as well as an NIS domain using the backward compatibility flag. This will set up the domain to be less secure by making all the system tables readable by unauthenticated clients as well. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nis+(1), nismkdir(1), nistbladm(1), nisaddent(1M), nisinit(1M) nisserver(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 13 Dec 2001 nissetup(1M)