Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell script menu
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script menu Post 302456440 by vbe on Friday 24th of September 2010 08:41:33 AM
Old 09-24-2010
What I see (but its friday...) is ONE read
so all your values (or just one) are read in one go.
One way to do things would be to stripe the entry ( what do you see when you enter 123? do you get 1 2 3 or 123? in other words is there a separator?) and use the values in a loop
That would give you something like:
Code:
for i in $rSelection  (if there were a blank between the values) # but you could use while...
do
   <Your if paragraph
    fi >
done

This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing korn shell script text Menu colors?

Is it possible to change the color of text in a korn shell script Menu? I can change the color of session text through my telnet client but I want to be able to change color text in the Korn shell menu to highlight certain items. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Script: With Menu Option

I am attempting to create a shell script with the following capaciblities: 1. Listed options to choice from 2. Use to perform awk statements 3. Print a report with the awk results My questions are 1. How do I select more than one file for option #5 and #6 2. How to I create an... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroberson
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to alter grub menu.lst

Hi folks, I have a dual-boot Ubuntu/Windows machine and I wanted to create a script to change the menu.lst file so it will change the default boot partition (this is so I can reload the machine remotely and allow it to boot to the Windows partition). Today I have to sudo cp a template file I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppucci
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Menu Driven Shell Script which accepts1 to 5 options

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 1) Write a Menu Driven Shell Script which accepts1 to 5 options and performs the following actions for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaghya
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu using shell script

Hi, I need to have a shell script for the below need. 1. Menu with one heading and 4 options. 2. the heading and 4 options are taken from a file. File entry ====== Heading1|option1|option2|option3|option4| Heading2|option1|option2|option3|option4| 3. the user entries must be captured in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: umastinu
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script menu problem

I have tried searching the forum but i haven't found a solution for this. I have a shell script that presents the users with menus. The menus branch out to sub menus. It is all hunky dory as long as i traverse forward. But if i am in a sub menu and return to the previous menu and choose any... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

A selection menu in a shell script

I'm writing a shell script and have a problem with selection when I issue the command, is there a way to automatically choose a selection number one after a selection menue appear Command 1-choice 2- choice 3-choice Thanks Sara (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu shell script help

Hi All, I have written a shell script that show menu driven option. My requirement is that in the menu driven option i want to select multiple choice. i.e if i want to select 1 or 1,2 or 1,2,3 or 2,3 etc .... Can some one help me in that My script. while true; do echo " " ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nawrajesh
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate the menu options using shell script

I have a menu option which will look as follows Select a menu option 1.change password 2.login as root user 3.show system version 4.quit Select> 1 please enter the new password: unix reenter the new password: unix press any key to enter (then displays again the menu options to enter the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivakumar6g
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to include menu based options in Shell script?

Hi Friends, I have a menu based tool which requires input/option to proceed further. How to make a shell script ? eg: menu looks like Get_data.sh to continue (y/n) : Here I need to key in "y" to proceed. I want to prepare a script which should consider option y. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
5 Replies
strfmon(3C)															       strfmon(3C)

NAME
strfmon - convert monetary value to string SYNOPSIS
Remarks The ANSI C "" construct denotes a variable length argument list whose optional [or required] members are given in the associated comment DESCRIPTION
The function places characters into the array pointed to by s as controlled by the string pointed to by format. No more than maxsize bytes are placed into the array. The format is a character string that contains two types of objects: plain characters, which are simply copied to the output, and conver- sion specifications, each of which results in the fetching of zero or more arguments that are converted and formatted. The arguments are of type see the section for details. The results are undefined if there are insufficient arguments for the format. If the format is exhausted while arguments remain, the excess arguments are ignored. A conversion specification is the string flag]...[field_width][right_precision] conversion_character Each element of the sequence is specified as follows: Flags One or more of the following optional flags can be specified to control the conversion: An (equal sign) followed by a single character f which is used as the numeric fill character. The fill character must be repre- sentable in a single byte in order to work with precision and width counts. The default numeric fill character is the space character. This flag does not affect field width filling which always uses the space character. This flag is ignored unless a left precision (see below) is specified. Do not format the currency amount with grouping characters. The default is to insert the grouping characters if defined for the current locale. Specify the style for representing positive and negative currency amounts. Only one of or (plus sign or left parenthesis) may be specified. If is specified, the locale's equivalent of + and - are used (for example, in the locale: an empty string if positive and - if negative). If is specified, negative amounts are enclosed within parentheses. If neither flag is specified, the style is used. Suppress the currency symbol from the output conversion. A minus sign specifying the alignment. If this flag is present all fields are left-justified (padded to the right) rather than right-justified. Field Width w A decimal digit string w specifying a minimum field width in bytes in which the result of the conversion is right-justified (or left-justified if the flag - is specified). The default is zero. Left Precision A followed by a decimal digit string n specifying a maximum number of digits expected to be formatted to the left of the radix character. This option can be used to keep the formatted output from multiple calls to the aligned in the same columns. It can also be used to fill unused positions with a special character as in $***123.45. This option causes an amount to be formatted as if it has the number of digits specified by n. If more than n digit positions are required, this conversion specification is ignored. Digit positions in excess of those actually required are filled with numeric fill character (see the flag above). If grouping has not been suppressed with the flag, and it is defined for the current locale, grouping separators are inserted before the fill characters (if any) are added. Grouping separators are not applied to fill characters even if the fill character is a digit. To ensure alignment, any characters appearing before or after the number in the formatted output such as currency or sign symbols are padded as necessary with space characters to make their positive and negative formats an equal length. Right Precision A period followed by a decimal digit string p specifying the number of digits after the radix character If the value of the right precision p is zero, no radix character appears If a right precision is not included, a default specified by the current locale is used The amount being formatted is rounded to the specified number of digits prior to formatting. Conversion Characters The conversion characters and their meanings are: The argument is formatted according to the locale's international currency format (for example, in the locale: The argument is formatted according to the locale's national currency format (for example, in the locale: Convert to a no argument is converted. The entire conversion specification must be %%. Notes The behavior of the function in a UNIX 2003 conforming application differs from its behavior in a non-conforming application. With the conversion character the function uses the fourth character of the string defined in of the current locale instead of a space as a separa- tor for separating different items in a monetary quantity as dictated by the values of and Only the first three characters will be taken as the currency symbol. As a result, the formatting of internationally formatted monetary quantities may change. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Locale The category of the program's locale affects the behavior of this function including the monetary radix character (which may be different from the numeric radix character affected by the category), the grouping separator, the currency symbols and formats. RETURN VALUE
If the total number of resulting bytes including the terminating null byte is not more than maxsize, the function returns the number of bytes placed into the array pointed to by s, not including the terminating null byte Otherwise, -1 is returned, the contents of the array are indeterminate, and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The function will fail if: Conversion stopped due to lack of space in the buffer. EXAMPLES
The following program segment formats the monetary value using the locale with a left precision of and as the fill character. char string[31]; double amt = -4321.123; setlocale(LC_MONETARY, "en_US.roman8"); strfmon(string, 31, "The amount is %=*#5n.", amt); The string array will contain: The amount is -$*4,321.12. As an other example, given the locale of and the values and --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Conversion Output Comments Specification --------------------------------------------------------------------------- %n $123.45 default formatting -$123.45 $3,456.78 --------------------------------------------------------------------------- %11n $123.45 right align within an 11 character field -$123.45 $3,456.78 --------------------------------------------------------------------------- %#5n $ 123.45 align columns for values up to 99,999 -$ 123.45 $ 3,456.78 --------------------------------------------------------------------------- %=*#5n $***123.45 specify a fill character -$***123.45 $*3,456.78 --------------------------------------------------------------------------- %=0#5n $000123.45 fill characters do not use grouping -$000123.45 even if the fill character is a digit $03,456.78 --------------------------------------------------------------------------- %^#5n $ 123.45 disable the grouping separator -$ 123.45 $ 3456.78 --------------------------------------------------------------------------- %^#5.0n $ 123 round off to whole units -$ 123 $ 3457 --------------------------------------------------------------------------- %^#5.4n $ 123.4500 increase the precision -$ 123.4500 $ 3456.7810 --------------------------------------------------------------------------- %(#5n $ 123.45 use an alternative positive/negative style ($ 123.45) $ 3,456.78 --------------------------------------------------------------------------- %!(#5n 123.45 disable the currency symbol ( 123.45) 3,456.78 --------------------------------------------------------------------------- AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
localeconv(3C), thread_safety(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
strfmon(3C)