Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell script menu
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script menu Post 302456438 by rich@ardz on Friday 24th of September 2010 08:28:49 AM
Old 09-24-2010
They can just run one after the other, it's just a read:

Code:
read rSelection
if [[ $rSelection == '1' ]] then
    #call function 1
    else
    if [[ $rSelection == '2' ]] then
    #call function 2
    else
    if [[ $rSelection == '3' ]] then
    #call function 3
    else
    if [[ $rSelection == '4' ]] then
    #call function 4
    else
    if [[ $rSelection == '5' ]] then
    #call function 5
    else
    echo "Exiting"
    exit
    fi
fi

That's what i have at the moment, too basic for what i need Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing korn shell script text Menu colors?

Is it possible to change the color of text in a korn shell script Menu? I can change the color of session text through my telnet client but I want to be able to change color text in the Korn shell menu to highlight certain items. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Script: With Menu Option

I am attempting to create a shell script with the following capaciblities: 1. Listed options to choice from 2. Use to perform awk statements 3. Print a report with the awk results My questions are 1. How do I select more than one file for option #5 and #6 2. How to I create an... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroberson
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to alter grub menu.lst

Hi folks, I have a dual-boot Ubuntu/Windows machine and I wanted to create a script to change the menu.lst file so it will change the default boot partition (this is so I can reload the machine remotely and allow it to boot to the Windows partition). Today I have to sudo cp a template file I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppucci
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Menu Driven Shell Script which accepts1 to 5 options

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 1) Write a Menu Driven Shell Script which accepts1 to 5 options and performs the following actions for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaghya
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu using shell script

Hi, I need to have a shell script for the below need. 1. Menu with one heading and 4 options. 2. the heading and 4 options are taken from a file. File entry ====== Heading1|option1|option2|option3|option4| Heading2|option1|option2|option3|option4| 3. the user entries must be captured in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: umastinu
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script menu problem

I have tried searching the forum but i haven't found a solution for this. I have a shell script that presents the users with menus. The menus branch out to sub menus. It is all hunky dory as long as i traverse forward. But if i am in a sub menu and return to the previous menu and choose any... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

A selection menu in a shell script

I'm writing a shell script and have a problem with selection when I issue the command, is there a way to automatically choose a selection number one after a selection menue appear Command 1-choice 2- choice 3-choice Thanks Sara (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu shell script help

Hi All, I have written a shell script that show menu driven option. My requirement is that in the menu driven option i want to select multiple choice. i.e if i want to select 1 or 1,2 or 1,2,3 or 2,3 etc .... Can some one help me in that My script. while true; do echo " " ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nawrajesh
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate the menu options using shell script

I have a menu option which will look as follows Select a menu option 1.change password 2.login as root user 3.show system version 4.quit Select> 1 please enter the new password: unix reenter the new password: unix press any key to enter (then displays again the menu options to enter the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivakumar6g
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to include menu based options in Shell script?

Hi Friends, I have a menu based tool which requires input/option to proceed further. How to make a shell script ? eg: menu looks like Get_data.sh to continue (y/n) : Here I need to key in "y" to proceed. I want to prepare a script which should consider option y. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
5 Replies
IDLE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   IDLE(1)

NAME
IDLE - An Integrated DeveLopment Environment for Python SYNTAX
idle [ -dins ] [ -t title ] [ file ...] idle [ -dins ] [ -t title ] ( -c cmd | -r file ) [ arg ...] idle [ -dins ] [ -t title ] - [ arg ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the idle command. This manual page was written for Debian because the original program does not have a manual page. For more information, refer to IDLE's help menu. IDLE is an Integrated DeveLopment Environment for Python. IDLE is based on Tkinter, Python's bindings to the Tk widget set. Features are 100% pure Python, multi-windows with multiple undo and Python colorizing, a Python shell window subclass, a debugger. IDLE is cross-plat- form, i.e. it works on all platforms where Tk is installed. OPTIONS
-h Print this help message and exit. -n Run IDLE without a subprocess (see Help/IDLE Help for details). The following options will override the IDLE 'settings' configuration: -e Open an edit window. -i Open a shell window. The following options imply -i and will open a shell: -c cmd Run the command in a shell, or -r file Run script from file. -d Enable the debugger. -s Run $IDLESTARTUP or $PYTHONSTARTUP before anything else. -t title Set title of shell window. A default edit window will be bypassed when -c, -r, or - are used. [arg]* and [file]* are passed to the command (-c) or script (-r) in sys.argv[1:]. EXAMPLES
idle Open an edit window or shell depending on IDLE's configuration. idle foo.py foobar.py Edit the files, also open a shell if configured to start with shell. idle -est "Baz" foo.py Run $IDLESTARTUP or $PYTHONSTARTUP, edit foo.py, and open a shell window with the title "Baz". idle -c "import sys; print sys.argv" "foo" Open a shell window and run the command, passing "-c" in sys.argv[0] and "foo" in sys.argv[1]. idle -d -s -r foo.py "Hello World" Open a shell window, run a startup script, enable the debugger, and run foo.py, passing "foo.py" in sys.argv[0] and "Hello World" in sys.argv[1]. echo "import sys; print sys.argv" | idle - "foobar" Open a shell window, run the script piped in, passing '' in sys.argv[0] and "foobar" in sys.argv[1]. SEE ALSO
python(1). AUTHORS
Various. 21 September 2004 IDLE(1)