Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell script menu
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script menu Post 302456436 by vbe on Friday 24th of September 2010 08:22:18 AM
Old 09-24-2010
Depends on how you wrote your menu script:
How do you capture the input? in sequence on in one go?

What are these functions? should they be running at the same time or one after the other...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing korn shell script text Menu colors?

Is it possible to change the color of text in a korn shell script Menu? I can change the color of session text through my telnet client but I want to be able to change color text in the Korn shell menu to highlight certain items. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Script: With Menu Option

I am attempting to create a shell script with the following capaciblities: 1. Listed options to choice from 2. Use to perform awk statements 3. Print a report with the awk results My questions are 1. How do I select more than one file for option #5 and #6 2. How to I create an... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroberson
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to alter grub menu.lst

Hi folks, I have a dual-boot Ubuntu/Windows machine and I wanted to create a script to change the menu.lst file so it will change the default boot partition (this is so I can reload the machine remotely and allow it to boot to the Windows partition). Today I have to sudo cp a template file I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppucci
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Menu Driven Shell Script which accepts1 to 5 options

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 1) Write a Menu Driven Shell Script which accepts1 to 5 options and performs the following actions for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaghya
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu using shell script

Hi, I need to have a shell script for the below need. 1. Menu with one heading and 4 options. 2. the heading and 4 options are taken from a file. File entry ====== Heading1|option1|option2|option3|option4| Heading2|option1|option2|option3|option4| 3. the user entries must be captured in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: umastinu
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script menu problem

I have tried searching the forum but i haven't found a solution for this. I have a shell script that presents the users with menus. The menus branch out to sub menus. It is all hunky dory as long as i traverse forward. But if i am in a sub menu and return to the previous menu and choose any... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

A selection menu in a shell script

I'm writing a shell script and have a problem with selection when I issue the command, is there a way to automatically choose a selection number one after a selection menue appear Command 1-choice 2- choice 3-choice Thanks Sara (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu shell script help

Hi All, I have written a shell script that show menu driven option. My requirement is that in the menu driven option i want to select multiple choice. i.e if i want to select 1 or 1,2 or 1,2,3 or 2,3 etc .... Can some one help me in that My script. while true; do echo " " ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nawrajesh
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate the menu options using shell script

I have a menu option which will look as follows Select a menu option 1.change password 2.login as root user 3.show system version 4.quit Select> 1 please enter the new password: unix reenter the new password: unix press any key to enter (then displays again the menu options to enter the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivakumar6g
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to include menu based options in Shell script?

Hi Friends, I have a menu based tool which requires input/option to proceed further. How to make a shell script ? eg: menu looks like Get_data.sh to continue (y/n) : Here I need to key in "y" to proceed. I want to prepare a script which should consider option y. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
5 Replies
menu_hook(3X)															     menu_hook(3X)

NAME
menu_hook - set hooks for automatic invocation by applications SYNOPSIS
#include <menu.h> int set_item_init(MENU *menu, Menu_Hook func); Menu_Hook item_init(const MENU *menu); int set_item_term(MENU *menu, Menu_Hook func); Menu_Hook item_term(const MENU *menu); int set_menu_init(MENU *menu, Menu_Hook func); Menu_Hook menu_init(const MENU *menu); int set_menu_term(MENU *menu, Menu_Hook func); Menu_Hook menu_term(const MENU *menu); DESCRIPTION
These functions make it possible to set hook functions to be called at various points in the automatic processing of input event codes by menu_driver. The function set_item_init sets a hook to be called at menu-post time and each time the selected item changes (after the change). item_init returns the current item init hook, if any (NULL if there is no such hook). The function set_item_term sets a hook to be called at menu-unpost time and each time the selected item changes (before the change). item_term returns the current item term hook, if any (NULL if there is no such hook). The function set_menu_init sets a hook to be called at menu-post time and just after the top row on the menu changes once it is posted. menu_init returns the current menu init hook, if any (NULL if there is no such hook). The function set_menu_term sets a hook to be called at menu-unpost time and just before the top row on the menu changes once it is posted. menu_term returns the current menu term hook, if any (NULL if there is no such hook). RETURN VALUE
Routines that return pointers return NULL on error. Other routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). SEE ALSO
curses(3X), menu(3X). NOTES
The header file <menu.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V menu library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. menu_hook(3X)