Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Android Mini Review: Samsung Galaxy S (Android 2.1) v. Nokia E63 Post 302455842 by Neo on Wednesday 22nd of September 2010 01:36:29 PM
Old 09-22-2010
I've been using a Holux M-241 for the past few years with my E63 and it works great (Bluetooth).

Oddly, I read somewhere that this Samsung phone does not support off-platform GPS via Bluetooth .... !!! If it did, I would try using the Holux with the phone like I do on the E61.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Mini Review: SliceHost v. Linode Customer Service

This weekend I planned to set up two OpenX servers to serve some rotating images to the forums. First, I signed up with SliceHost. Working outside of the US, SliceHost naturally required some additional information. They emailed me with 15 minutes of signing up asking for more information to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Mini Review: SliceHost v. Linode Ubuntu 9.10 Setup

October 2010 Update: Linode Versus Slicehost – One Year Later A few days ago I posted Mini Review: SliceHost v. Linode Customer Service. At that time, I was going to cancel my account with Linode based on problems during the sign-up period. However, Linode asked me to give them another... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

3. Android

can I upgrade samsung galaxy SII to android 4

I am thinking of buying samsung galaxy S II. I would like to know, does this phone capable to support ICS ? Because I am not sure if to buy now and just upgrade the phone to then next OS or should I wait to but the next phone version? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
3 Replies

4. BSD

Connecting a samsung galaxy siii to freebsd

I am connecting a samsung smartphone (galaxy s3) to a freebsd machine. It does not automatically mount. When plugging this machine in, the following message appears: ugen 7.2: <SAMSUNG> at usbus7 When disconnecting, the following message appears: ugen 7.2: <SAMSUNG> at usbus7 (disconnected)... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
13 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

My Experience: Samsung Galaxy Phones versus the iPhone6

Just a quick note and not really a detailed review of mobile phones.... I have been a Samsung Galaxy owner since the first Galaxy S came out on the market. On a daily basis I work on two MacBook Air computers; but I wanted the openness of an Android phone; so I bought the Galaxy S, Galaxy S2,... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
BTHOST(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 BTHOST(1)

NAME
bthost -- look up Bluetooth host names and Protocol Service Multiplexor values SYNOPSIS
bthost [-bhp] host_or_protocol DESCRIPTION
The bthost utility looks for information about Bluetooth hosts and Protocol Service Multiplexor (PSM) values. It gets this information from the /etc/bluetooth/hosts and /etc/bluetooth/protocols files. In host mode, it simply converts between the host names and Bluetooth addresses. The argument can be either a host name or a Bluetooth address. The program first attempts to interpret it as a Bluetooth address. If this fails, it will treat it as a host name. A Bluetooth address consists of six hex bytes separated by a colon, e.g., ``01:02:03:04:05:06''. A host name consists of names separated by dots, e.g., ``my.cell.phone''. In protocol mode, it simply converts between the Protocol Service Multiplexor names and assigned numbers. The argument can be either a Pro- tocol Service Multiplexor name or an assigned number. The program first attempts to interpret it as an assigned number. The options are as follows: -b Produce brief output. -h Display usage message and exit. -p Activate protocol mode. The bthost utility will print results to the standard output, and error messages to the standard error. An output can be quite different, here is an example that demonstrates all of the possibilities: % bthost localhost Host localhost has address FF:FF:FF:00:00:00 % bthost ff:ff:ff:00:00:00 Host FF:FF:FF:00:00:00 has name localhost % bthost -b localhost FF:FF:FF:00:00:00 % bthost -b ff:ff:ff:00:00:00 localhost % bthost do.not.exists do.not.exists: Unknown host % bthost 0:0:0:0:0:0 00:00:00:00:00:00: Unknown host % bthost -p sdp Protocol/Service Multiplexor sdp has number 1 % bthost -p 3 Protocol/Service Multiplexor rfcomm has number 3 % bthost -bp HID-Control 17 % bthost -p foo foo: Unknown Protocol/Service Multiplexor FILES
/etc/bluetooth/hosts /etc/bluetooth/protocols EXIT STATUS
The bthost utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
bluetooth(3), bluetooth.hosts(5), bluetooth.protocols(5) AUTHORS
Maksim Yevmenkin <m_evmenkin@yahoo.com> BSD
May 8, 2003 BSD