Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Android Mini Review: Samsung Galaxy S (Android 2.1) v. Nokia E63 Post 302455840 by Scott on Wednesday 22nd of September 2010 01:32:32 PM
Old 09-22-2010
Hi.

I know nothing about Android, and have no real interest in it (as I voted in a poll elsewhere), but I did have a Samsung Omnia a couple years back and the GPS (and GSM, etc.) on that too was completely hopeless. My office is right next to Swisscom, which has a ruddy great mast on its roof, and still I got only one bar!

Perhaps it's just a Samsung-ism?

Forget all this fangled stuff. Bring back the Siemans C35. The best phone I ever had. It had WAP and everything (is that still going?)

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Mini Review: SliceHost v. Linode Customer Service

This weekend I planned to set up two OpenX servers to serve some rotating images to the forums. First, I signed up with SliceHost. Working outside of the US, SliceHost naturally required some additional information. They emailed me with 15 minutes of signing up asking for more information to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Mini Review: SliceHost v. Linode Ubuntu 9.10 Setup

October 2010 Update: Linode Versus Slicehost – One Year Later A few days ago I posted Mini Review: SliceHost v. Linode Customer Service. At that time, I was going to cancel my account with Linode based on problems during the sign-up period. However, Linode asked me to give them another... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

3. Android

can I upgrade samsung galaxy SII to android 4

I am thinking of buying samsung galaxy S II. I would like to know, does this phone capable to support ICS ? Because I am not sure if to buy now and just upgrade the phone to then next OS or should I wait to but the next phone version? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
3 Replies

4. BSD

Connecting a samsung galaxy siii to freebsd

I am connecting a samsung smartphone (galaxy s3) to a freebsd machine. It does not automatically mount. When plugging this machine in, the following message appears: ugen 7.2: <SAMSUNG> at usbus7 When disconnecting, the following message appears: ugen 7.2: <SAMSUNG> at usbus7 (disconnected)... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
13 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

My Experience: Samsung Galaxy Phones versus the iPhone6

Just a quick note and not really a detailed review of mobile phones.... I have been a Samsung Galaxy owner since the first Galaxy S came out on the market. On a daily basis I work on two MacBook Air computers; but I wanted the openness of an Android phone; so I bought the Galaxy S, Galaxy S2,... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
pbmtonokia(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                pbmtonokia(1)

NAME
pbmtonokia - convert a portable bitmap to Nokia Smart Messaging Formats SYNOPSIS
pbmtonokia [options] [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Produces a Nokia Smart Messaging (hexcode, .nok, .ngg) file as output. OPTIONS
-fmt Specifies the output format (default is HEX_NOL). HEX_NOL Nokia Operator Logo as (uploadable) hexcode. Use option -net to specify network code. HEX_NGG Nokia Group Graphic as (uploadable) hexcode. HEX_NMP Nokia Picture Message as (uploadable) hexcode. Use option -txt to specify optional text message. NOL Nokia Operator Logo as .nol format. This is editable by the Group-Graphic Editor from Kessler Wireless Design (www.kessler- design.com) NGG Nokia Group Graphic as .ngg format. This is editable by the Group-Graphic Editor from Kessler Wireless Design (www.kessler- design.com) -net Specifies the 6 hex-digit operator network code for Operator Logos (Default is 62F210 = D1,Germany). -txt Specifies the text message for Picture Messages. Default is no text message. LIMITATIONS
Currently limited to rows<=255 and columns<=255. Supports only b/w graphics, not animated. SEE ALSO
pbm(5), Nokia Smart Messaging Specification (http://forum.nokia.com) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2001 Tim Ruehsen <tim.ruehsen@openmediasystem.de>. 26 June 2001 pbmtonokia(1)