Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with filtering trace file through grep Post 302455243 by bartus11 on Tuesday 21st of September 2010 06:52:42 AM
Old 09-21-2010
Code:
awk '$1=="r" && $3==3' file

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Core file without a readable stack trace

I am using gdb to examine a core file but the output contains only the method addresses in hex. Is there anyway to translate these addresses to a human-readable form? :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciregbu
0 Replies

2. AIX

How to trace file sytem size change?

I need write a script to trace filesystem size change, such as /home will increase some size and then release some space. I don't know when increase happen. I want to get the size before increase and the size after release. How to write this script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering a file

I have a list of directories looking something like; /usr/local/1/in /usr/local/1/out /usr/local/1/archive /usr/local/2/in /usr/local/2/out /usr/local/2/archive /usr/local/3/in /usr/local/3/out /usr/local/3/archive Is there a way I can filter the out and archive directories so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep filtering problem

I'm working on writing a shell script that logs out whenever I have a firefox process running during certain times of the day (1 am - 8 am). I'll put it in crontab when it runs properly unless someone knows of a different and better way to do this. Here it is so far. if ps ax | grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering awk not using grep

hallow all i have question about awk i want indexing last key (in BOLD number) ex: input.txt 1 252468812 52468812 1281268819 1252468812 1252468923 468812 1252468812 so output will like this output text 1:252468812 2:52468812 4:1252468812 6:468812 7:1252468812 output get... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering records from 1 file based on some manipulation doen on second file

Hi, I am looking for an awk script which should help me to meet the following requirement: File1 has records in following format INF: FAILEd RECORD AB1234 INF: FAILEd RECORD PQ1145 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB3215 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB6114 ............................ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mintu41
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep filtering issue

Hi, I am on uname -a HP-UX mymachine B.11.31 U ia64 3223107173 unlimited-user license ps -exx| grep java | grep -i "GrafiteEventsInterfaces*" 19955 ? 55:22 /opt/app/app1/jdk150_07/bin/IA64N/java -server -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with trace file

Hi, I am an oracle DBA pretty new to unix. We had one of the filesystems full and a colleague cleared some stuffs to create more space. I just checked now and found there is now more space available. How do i find exactly what he cleared? We have oracle database installed and its a RAC... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk script to find repeated IP adress from trace file (.tr)

+ 8.00747 /NodeList/0/DeviceList/0/$ns3::PointToPointNetDevice/TxQueue/Enqueue ns3::PppHeader (Point-to-Point Protocol: IP (0x0021)) ns3::Ipv4Header (tos 0x0 DSCP Default ECN Not-ECT ttl 63 id 0 protocol 17 offset (bytes) 0 flags length: 540 10.1.3.3 > 10.1.2.4) ns3::UdpHeader (length: 520 49153 >... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nipa
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Some trace file to track timings of a process

I will initiate a process from Server1 and the flow is as follow Server1 --> Web server --> Application server --> DB Server Note all seperate unix servers. Now I need to put a trace for that process to track the timings from each server. Like the below trace should be there: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saraperu
5 Replies
TRACE-CMD-LISTEN(1)													       TRACE-CMD-LISTEN(1)

NAME
trace-cmd-listen - listen for incoming connection to record tracing. SYNOPSIS
trace-cmd listen -p port [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The trace-cmd(1) listen sets up a port to listen to waiting for connections from other hosts that run trace-cmd-record(1) with the -N option. When a connection is made, and the remote host sends data, it will create a file called trace.HOST:PORT.dat. Where HOST is the name of the remote host, and PORT is the port that the remote host used to connect with. OPTIONS
-p port This option will specify the port to listen to. -D This options causes trace-cmd listen to go into a daemon mode and run in the background. -d dir This option specifies a directory to write the data files into. -o filename This option overrides the default trace in the trace.HOST:PORT.dat that is created when a remote host connects. -l filename This option writes the output messages to a log file instead of standard output. SEE ALSO
trace-cmd(1), trace-cmd-record(1), trace-cmd-report(1), trace-cmd-start(1), trace-cmd-stop(1), trace-cmd-extract(1), trace-cmd-reset(1), trace-cmd-split(1), trace-cmd-list(1) AUTHOR
Written by Steven Rostedt, <rostedt@goodmis.org[1]> RESOURCES
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/trace-cmd.git COPYING
Copyright (C) 2010 Red Hat, Inc. Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL). NOTES
1. rostedt@goodmis.org mailto:rostedt@goodmis.org 06/11/2014 TRACE-CMD-LISTEN(1)