Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Slackware router problem
Operating Systems Linux Slackware Slackware router problem Post 302454323 by jostber on Friday 17th of September 2010 03:25:17 PM
Old 09-17-2010
What you get if you run "w3m www.google.com"?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

DI-524 router problem

Hello all, I recently bought D-link (DI-524) router and I have following problem. I setup the network and its running smoothly no problem.. but there is a minor problem that I need to solve. Users can access each other documents etc. but they cannot access each other trough web browser using IP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c0mrade
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Unix printing to my WinXP works with no router. How can I make it work through my router?

I set up remote printing on a clients Unix server to my Windows XP USB printer. My USB printer is connected directly to my PC (no print server and no network input on printer). With my Win XP PC connected to my cable modem (without the router), i can do lp -dhp842c /etc/hosts and it prints. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmhohne
7 Replies

3. IP Networking

Upload problem with traffic shaping though a Linux router.

So I want to limit the download and upload speed of a specific ip adress in a local network. To do this I are using a bach script running in a linux OS (Ubuntu 11.04). The issue here is that the upload shaper does not work. I have tried an alternate solution aswell though that does not work as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: martio09
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

Dual Router (routing problem)

This is the network configuration I have: +-------------------------------------------------+ +===========+ | | | | | INTERNET |---| LINUXBOX2 | ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: matteo
4 Replies

5. IP Networking

Router problem or ISP problem ?

Hi everyone, I am experiencing discontinuity of Internet service, this started 1 month ago. Everything worked very well for 1 year of intensive use, but now, I have problems reaching my gateway. The gateway is not my router but a node belonging to my ISP and I share the same public IP with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: remic
3 Replies

6. Hardware

Netgear C3700 Modem Router Problem

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge about how these routers work.. I bought a Netgear C3700 modem router on eBay about a month ago and couldn't get it to broadcast internet, neither wired nor wireless. When I plug it in and turn it on, all lights come on, but the internet light keeps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Multiboot problem with Slackware 14.2, FreeBSD 11 & Solaris 10

I want to install Slackware 14.2, FreeBSD and Solaris 10 on a p4 machine but multiboot is not working as lilo overwrites grub and btx boot loader can't detect others. I had to boot slackware and Solaris with the installation disc for a good number of times. I installed all boot loaders on MBR. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Multiboot problem with Slackware 14.2, FreeBSD 11 & Solaris 10

I want to install Slackware 14.2, FreeBSD and Solaris 10 on a p4 machine but multiboot is not working as lilo overwrites grub and btx boot loader can't detect others. I had to boot slackware and Solaris with the installation disc for a good number of times. I installed all boot loaders on MBR. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harveyclayton
3 Replies
defaultrouter(4)                                                   File Formats                                                   defaultrouter(4)

NAME
defaultrouter - configuration file for default router(s) SYNOPSIS
/etc/defaultrouter DESCRIPTION
The /etc/defaultrouter file specifies a IPv4 host's default router(s). The format of the file is as follows: IP_address ... The /etc/defaultrouter file can contain the IP addresses or hostnames of one or more default routers, with each entry on its own line. If you use hostnames, each hostname must also be listed in the local /etc/hosts file, because no name services are running at the time that defaultrouter is read. Lines beginning with the ``#'' character are treated as comments. The default routes listed in this file replace those added by the kernel during diskless booting. An empty /etc/defaultrouter file will cause the default route added by the kernel to be deleted. Use of a default route, whether received from a DHCP server or from /etc/defaultrouter, prevents a machine from acting as an IPv4 router. You can use routeadm(1M) to override this behavior. FILES
/etc/defaultrouter Configuration file containing the hostnames or IP addresses of one or more default routers. SEE ALSO
in.rdisc(1M), in.routed(1M), routeadm(1M), hosts(4) SunOS 5.10 17 Aug 2004 defaultrouter(4)