Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script to compare two files Post 302452858 by durden_tyler on Monday 13th of September 2010 08:49:10 AM
Old 09-13-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesh.4126
... instead of prinintg I want to store the diff. in a outputfile ...
The code snippet in your post about the meaning of "unless" had the print command to print to an output file. Have a look at that.
Also check the Perl documentation for the "print" function.

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 coloum of 2 diff files using perl script

Hi, i am new to perl scripting.. i am still learing it.. i am asked to write a perl script which should compare 2 coloums of 2 different files. if those 2 coloumn are same the script should store the both the lines in 2 diff files. these are files, file 1: 21767016 226112 char 19136520... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuki
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare 2 csv files in perl

need to compare 2 csv files and report should containg number of matching lines,different lines ,missing lines in one file using perl. I dont want to use read line by line and scan thru the second file for matching line ,as this logic was so time consuming .Any ideas.i need the soultion badly .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare csv files using perl

I need to compare 2 csv files and report should containg number of matching lines,different lines ,missing lines in one file using perl. I dont want to use read line by line and scan thru the second file for matching line ,as this logic was so time consuming .Can other ideas .please respond asap... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use Perl In Bash Script To Compare Floationg Points

Is there a way to compare two floating points numbers in a bash script using perl? I've tried just using a bash if statement and it doesn't seem to support floating point numbers. Can the perl line read vars from bash then output a var to bash? a=1.1 #from bash b=1.5 #from bash if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to compare between two baseline in UCM

Hello guys, I have written a script which will differentiate between two baseline in UCM: The two baseline is passed as an argument from command line. Now i can see the output in a .txt file,where it will give you the ouput in this way..... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and set a third one using awk or perl

Folks I need your help cuz I've a file with 100,000 records that need to be compared against a passwd file (300) and then create a third one with the data in the first one and the passwd from the second one set in it. The format of the first file is: host xxxxxx "" 0,0 Closed control00/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranrodrig
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Perl script to compare two CSV files

Need perl script to compare the two CSV files and and give out put in CSV format File MsPMTP.csv File ProfileNames.csv MsPMTP.csv is having lines like below JBL_VIJ_A_A962/r01sr4sl12/port#01-#13-Au4P-4c-TMi-PMNETR15 JBL_VIJ_A_A962/r01sr4sl12/port#01-#13-Au4P-4c-TMi-PMFETR15... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreedhargouda
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: compare columns of two files

Hi I have file 1 like this: file 2 is like this: The files are tab separated. I want to search for the first column values of file 1 in the first column of file 2 and merge the 3rd column value of file 2 to the corresponding line on first file. so the desired output is; I tried following... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polsum
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare intervals (columns) from two files (awk, grep, Perl?)

Hi dear users, I need to compare numeric columns in two files. These files have the following structure. K.txt (4 columns) A001 chr21 9805831 9846011 A002 chr21 9806202 9846263 A003 chr21 9887188 9988593 A003 chr21 9887188 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcvivar
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl Compare zone files in directory with what is listed in named.conf

I would really appreciate any assistance that I can get here. I am fairly new to perl. I am trying to rewrite my shell scripts to perl. Currently I have a shell script (using sed, awk, grep, etc) that gets a list of all of the zone files in a directory and then looks in named.conf for what... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
0 Replies
CG(1)																	     CG(1)

NAME
cg - Recursively grep for a pattern and store it. SYNOPSIS
cg [ -l ] | [ [ -i ] pattern [ files ] ] DESCRIPTION
cg does a search though text files (usually source code) recursively for a pattern, storing matches and displaying the output in a human- readable fashion. It is intended to give some of the functionaly of AT&T's cscope(1) tool, with the advantages of simplicity and not being language-specific. The script will colorize output if configured as such. It is typically run with a Perl regular expression to search for. The search can be made case insensitive by using the -i option. A list of files may also be specified with an additional argument after the pattern. Put the files pattern in quotes to make it be matched by Perl rather than by the shell. Running the script with no arguments will recall the results of the previous search. After the search, entries found can be edited using the vg(1) script. The -l option shows the last log made. SOME EXAMPLES
cg - alone recalls the previous search results. cg -i pattern - search the default list of files for all files matching the pattern (and case-insensitively). cg pattern '*.c' - search recursively for pattern in all *.c files. This automatically converts '*' to '.*' and '.' to '.' for you and does a Perl pattern match on all files in the tree. cg pattern *.c - search through the shell-expanded list of *.c files, so not done recursively (in other words, only the files your shell pass to the script as arguments). cg -l - show the last log made. COMMAND-LINE OPTIONS -i Do a case-insensitive search. -l Show the last log made. -p Toggle the default pager option. cg has a bulit-in pager function, which can be enabled or disabled by default (in .cgvgrc). If the default is enabled, this option disables the pager; if the default is disabled, this option enables it. -P Force the built-in pager to be disabled. FILES
${HOME}/.cglast Log file of the last search. ${HOME}/.cgvgrc Per-user configuration file (if the defaults are not desireable). ${HOME}/.cgvg/* Log files in $HOSTNAME.shell_pid form with the log of the last search. SEE ALSO
vg(1), perl(1), find(1), grep(1), cscope(1) AUTHOR
cg was written by Joshua Uziel <uzi@uzix.org>. 13 Mar 2002 CG(1)