Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell Script to append files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script to append files Post 302452610 by frank_rizzo on Saturday 11th of September 2010 11:10:52 PM
Old 09-12-2010
yes

Code:
cat content/*.txt google_ads/*.txt foobar/*.txt >publish.file

if you hit a maximum arguments error try this.

Code:
find . -name \*.txt -exec cat {} \; > publish.file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to append a time for the existing error log file

Hi Guys, the requirement is like this, i am having a error log file in this format, 4594.493: parallel nursery GC 2594592K->2544691K (2969600K), 30.848 ms 4605.958: parallel nursery GC 2634887K->2584986K (2969600K), 38.900 ms 4619.079: parallel nursery GC 2822555K->2774812K... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append value at first line of CSV file using shell script?

I have an issue where I need to append a value at the last of the csv, I have created a shell script and it is appending the columns at the last but it is appending at all lines, and my requirement is specific to just append at the 1st line. Have a look and suggest, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anujrichhariya
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to identify the number of files and to append data

Hi I am having a question where I have to 1) Identify the number of files in a directory with a specific format and if the count is >1 we need to concatenate those two files into one file and remember that in the second file the header should not be copied. it should be form first file.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradkumar
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with shell script to append to the end of a specific line in a file on multiple servers

Hi Folks, I was given a task to append three IP's at the end of a specific (and unique) line within a file on multiple servers. I was not able to do that with the help of a script. All I could was: for i in server1 server2 server3 server4 do ssh $i done I know 'sed' could be used to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script - to append single quotes and comma

file1 ---- 34556745 32678343 31576776 31455566 21356666 I want to assign the record values to a variable in the below format, so that I can use output in .sql file for querying in database. ('34556745', '32678343', '31576776', '31455566', '21356666') ----------- below is the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajivrsk
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append color in shell script for output

Hi Experts, I want to get my shell script output in a color for a particular word. PFB my output. TT.QM.JTV1S1 TLORSBT2.JMR701T1.C1 REPOS TT.QM.JTV1R1 TLORSBF2.JMR701T1.C1 NORMAL whenever REPOS word comes then entire line should come in red color. Can you please help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

append dates going forward from today to certain line in shell script

Hi there, I have a requirement to append dates going forward to a certain line in a file. I'm not sure of how to go about this. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Slyesco:wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slyesco
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed shell script to append desired text to each line in a file

Hi, I had generated a report in my tool as followsoutput.txt 43.35 9 i needed the script to generate a new file like below i want to append the text to each of these lines of my filenewoutputfile.txt should be Total Amount : 43.35 Record Count:9 Regards, Vasa Saikumar. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append date to sql*plus spool (log) file in shell script

SQL*Plus version : 11.2.0.4 OS : Oracle Linux 6.5 SQL*Plus is a client application to connect to oracle database. The log file for this tool is generated via spool command as shown below. I am trying to append date ( $dateString ) to spool file as shown below. $ cat test2.sh #!/bin/bash... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script to append double quotes for each column in a file

Hi Experts, I am beginner to the shell scripting, My requirement is to append double quotes for each column in a file if double quotes does not exist. Example: "abc"|123|"gh-ch"|23.067 Use code tags, thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: spidy
10 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)