Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remount filesystem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Remount filesystem Post 302451172 by Zio Bill on Monday 6th of September 2010 02:03:37 AM
Old 09-06-2010
Thanks Smilie
i'll install the patch...

Bye

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

io by filesystem???

I'm cross-posting from the "Unix for Dummies Q&A" forum as I didn't get any response there. I'm wanting to drill down one level deeper from iostat. For example, for the following iostat output, I'd like to now understand the io for hdisk2 by filesystem: Disks: % tm_act Kbps tps Kb_read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priceb
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

io by filesystem??

I'm wanting to drill down one level deeper that iostat. For example, for the following iostat output, I'd like to now understand the io for hdisk2 by filesystem: Disks: % tm_act Kbps tps Kb_read Kb_wrtn hdisk3 4.7 1792.0 80.7 0 5376 hdisk1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: priceb
2 Replies

3. Solaris

remount not working

HI All, I am trying to remount a file system using teh remount option as belwo; gws210i122: mount -o remount /tmp mount: Operation not supported But i am getting the error as mentioned. Please suggest. Regards, Sag. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sag71155
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Filesystem

Hello all. My question is can you hang a filesystem any where in a path? Working Example: /abc/example/new_filesystem I know that /abc in my example above would be sitting on its own hd, so is it possible to hang a completely new filesystem (new_filesystem) couple of hierarchies... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies

8. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remount .img as rw and repack

Hi fellas! I make a sh script which the following: sudo mkdir Temp sudo mount -o loop output.img Temp The command mounts the img.Thats fine.But it moun s it as read only.But I need to edit/delete some files inside it and repack it as ext4 using this command: sudo ./mkuserimg.sh -s Temp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijai
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Os not coming up after i set mount -o remount,rw /dev/hda8

on RHEL 5.3 i did mount -o remount,rw /dev/hda8 ( this is /tmp directory ) now OS not coming up. How to resolve ?? ---------- Post updated at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:36 PM ---------- one of my friend told me that you have changed sticky bit permissions on /tmp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
6 Replies
xfs_freeze(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     xfs_freeze(8)

NAME
xfs_freeze - suspend access to an XFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
xfs_freeze -f | -u mount-point DESCRIPTION
xfs_freeze suspends and resumes access to an XFS filesystem (see xfs(5)). xfs_freeze halts new access to the filesystem and creates a stable image on disk. xfs_freeze is intended to be used with volume managers and hardware RAID devices that support the creation of snapshots. The mount-point argument is the pathname of the directory where the filesystem is mounted. The filesystem must be mounted to be frozen (see mount(8)). The -f flag requests the specified XFS filesystem to be frozen from new modifications. When this is selected, all ongoing transactions in the filesystem are allowed to complete, new write system calls are halted, other calls which modify the filesystem are halted, and all dirty data, metadata, and log information are written to disk. Any process attempting to write to the frozen filesystem will block waiting for the filesystem to be unfrozen. Note that even after freezing, the on-disk filesystem can contain information on files that are still in the process of unlinking. These files will not be unlinked until the filesystem is unfrozen or a clean mount of the snapshot is complete. The -u flag is used to un-freeze the filesystem and allow operations to continue. Any filesystem modifications that were blocked by the freeze are unblocked and allowed to complete. One of -f or -u must be supplied to xfs_freeze. NOTES
A copy of a frozen XFS filesystem will usually have the same universally unique identifier (UUID) as the original, and thus may be pre- vented from being mounted. The XFS nouuid mount option can be used to circumvent this issue. In Linux kernel version 2.6.29, the interface which XFS uses to freeze and unfreeze was elevated to the VFS, so that this tool can now be used on many other Linux filesystems. SEE ALSO
xfs(5), lvm(8), mount(8). xfs_freeze(8)