Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Installing packages on Redhat 5.5: rpmlib issues Post 302450615 by notreallyhere on Friday 3rd of September 2010 08:09:26 AM
Old 09-03-2010
Hi guys

Thanks for you efforts. I have managed to get the server registered on RHN and things should go better now.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Redhat 9 modem login issues

Hi guys , I have redhat 9 and i have no idea what i'm doing. This is my first time taking a break from windows and exploring this new OS. I'm trying to install an External Usrobotic 56K Model Number 5686, after rebooting it was detected. How can i configure the server so i can call (modem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josramon
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing European Locale Packages

I have installed the locale package for en_GB and if i do a locale -a (after reboot) it will display: en_GB en_GB.ISO8859-1 en_GB.ISO8859-15 en_GB.ISO8859-15@euro (short version) and i get this when typing only 'locale': # locale LANG=en_GB LC_CTYPE="C" LC_NUMERIC=C LC_TIME="C"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xqtor
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing packages

hi Guys, relatively new to Unix. i have a list of Unix packages to install... how do i install only what is on that list? can someone help? Kind regards Brian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brian112
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing deb packages from Ubuntu Server CD

Hi, I have mounted the Ubuntu server edition 10.10 ISO on my server under a directory media/servercd. I would like to install some services from this. I edited the sources.list file to say: deb file:/media/servercd maverick main restricted and it's properly mounted but when I try... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadowcat
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Installing rpm packages

Hi guys, I am trying to install some packages for my oracle 11g r2 installation, the below error shows up when I try below: warning: glibc-devel-2.5-24.i386.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 37017186 error: Failed dependencies: glibc-headers is needed by... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing packages in Solaris 11

I want to install EMCpower (EMC Powerpath package) in Solaris 11. At most of the places, I can see procedure to install packages which comes with repository. This is third party tool, I have downloaded it to /var/tmp. How should I install it ? root@orapdps11 # pkg publisher PUBLISHER ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Installing Linux packages

hi, I wants to customize the Linux packages after installting the Linux OS... I am not able to install the packages packages in GUI mode System-> Administration->add/remove software.i want to install some desktop and dabase related packages how do i install those packages... I use RHEL6.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahulne25
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing packages...need help with the basics

Hello, I am working in terminal on a Mac OS X 10.9.2. I need to install a series of bioinformatics tools and packages (currently I want to install fastq-tools but downstream I'll need other such as samtools, bwa etc etc.) and will eventually have to be able to do this not only on my mac but also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jullee
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Issues installing inotify-tools on RedHat Linux

I wish to install inotify-tools-3.20.1-2.4.x86_64.rpm on Linux and fire inotifywait command. Initially i was looking for "inotify-tools-3.xx.tar.gz" as instructed here http://jensd.be/248/linux/use-inotify-tools-on-centos-7-or-rhel-7-to-watch-files-and-directories-for-events I have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies
rpc_register_mgr(3ncs)													    rpc_register_mgr(3ncs)

Name
       rpc_register_mgr - register a manager (server only)

Syntax
       #include <idl/c/rpc.h>

void rpc_$register_mgr(type, ifspec, sepv, mepv, status)
       uuid_$t *type;
       rpc_$if_spec_t *ifspec;
       rpc_$generic_epv_t sepv;
       rpc_$mgr_epv_t mepv;
       status_$t *status;

Arguments
       type		   The UUID of the type being registered.

ifspec		   The interface being registered.

sepv		   The generic EPV, a vector of pointers to server stub procedures.

mepv		   The manager EPV, a vector of pointers to manager procedures.

status		   The completion status.  If the completion status returned in is equal to status_$ok , then the routine that supplied it
			   was successful.

Description
       The routine registers the set of manager procedures that implement a specified interface for a specified type.

Servers can invoke this routine several times with the same interface (ifspec) and generic EPV (sepv) but  with	a  different  object  type
       (type) and manager EPV (mepv) on each invocation.  This technique allows a server to export several implementations of the same interface.

Servers	that  export several versions of the same interface (but not different implementations for different types) must also use not Such
       servers should supply uuid_$nil as the type to

If a server uses to register a manager for a specific interface and a specific type that is not nil, the server must  use  to  register	an
       object.

Diagnostics
       This section lists status codes for errors returned by this routine in

rpc_$op_rng_error   The requested operation does not correspond to a valid operation in the requested interface.

rpc_$unk_if	   The	requested interface is not known.  It is not registered in the server, the version number of the registered inter-
			   face is different from the version number specified in the request, or the UUID in the request does not match the  UUID
			   of the registered interface.

rpc_$too_many_ifs   The	maximum  number  of interfaces is already registered with the RPC runtime library; the server must unregister some
			   interface before it registers an additional interface.

rpc_$not_in_call    An internal error.

rpc_$you_crashed    This error can occur if a server has crashed and restarted.	A client RPC runtime library sends the error to the server
			   if  the  client  makes  a  remote  procedure  call before the server crashes, then receives a response after the server
			   restarts.

rpc_$proto_error    An internal protocol error.

rpc_$illegal_register
			   You are trying to register an interface that is already registered and you are using an EPV different from the one used
			   when  the  interface  was  first registered.  An interface can be multiply registered, but you must use the same EPV in
			   each routine.

Files
See Also
       intro(3ncs), rpc_register(3ncs), rpc_register_object(3ncs), rpc_unregister(3ncs)

rpc_register_mgr(3ncs)