Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX Server
Operating Systems AIX AIX Server Post 302449359 by sameer_224 on Monday 30th of August 2010 10:51:06 AM
Old 08-30-2010
AIX Server

Hello Everyone,
I am looking for material or videos on how to build an AIX server from scratch i.e from starting.
If anybody has it please let me know.
I want to learn building aix servers.

Thanks,
sameer

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Acess to X server on AIX

Hello, I want to allow all users on my server (AIX 5.3) to have access to X server. If they export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0, they should be able do use X server on the same machine. What should I do to do it? I've read that I must create the /etc/X0.hosts file and place in it localhost. Would it be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: piooooter
0 Replies

2. AIX

X server on AIX 5.2

Hello, is it possible to connect to AIX with cygwin/X? I have the AIX CDE 1.0 installed but am unable to connect to the CDE from my windows machine via cygwin. I have a Red Hat server that I can connect to and get the GNOME desktop from cygwin. Is there a certain process or subsystem that needs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
2 Replies

3. AIX

loopback in 4.1.4.0 AIX server

Hi: I´ve a problem in a 4.1.4.0 AIX server because is generating a loopback in its own ip address and this are consuming all the bandwidth. I did many things trying to solve the problem but it doesn´t help. 1. Flush Routing tables 2. Get Up/Down Network interface 3. Add/remove Network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: terron79
0 Replies

4. AIX

Aix Server Restarted

Hi, I want to know how can we come to know who has system rebooted, I have given the command last but it showing the last user has login and logout after some time,but reboot command is showing after 10 mins,how can we trace that it is automatically rebooted or rebooted by some person, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

5. AIX

Moving to new AIX server

Hello everybody, I am going to move to new AIX server and the question is how to correctly and painless move the whole configuration? I mean for example users, network, and - what is very important - the whole printer system configuration? I think users are simple to move - only /etc/passwd and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yac
1 Replies

6. AIX

X Server on AIX

Hello, I am new to AIX. I am trying to upgrade one of our Oracle database and the Oracle Universal Installer requires X. All I have on my PC is Putty. Does Putty suppport X? When I log into the AIX server I set the display as follows: setenv DISPLAY 10.15.197.157:0.0 10.15.197.157 is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
4 Replies

7. AIX

Transferring files from one AIX server to another AIX server in binary mode

Hi, I am a newbie to AIX. We have 2 AIX5.3 servers in our environment, I need to transfer some files in Binary mode from one server to another and some files in ASCII mode from one server to another server. Could you please help me as to how I need to do that? Thanks, Rakesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshc.apps
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

9. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

10. AIX

How to ssh from an AIX OS server to a Fabric OS server without password?

Hi I'd like to ssh from an AIX OS server ( v5.3) to a Fabric OS server ( v6.1.2 ) without password. I tried using dsa or rsa keys but it didn't work, the aix server still asked for the password. Somebody help, please :(:(:( (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
8 Replies
PERLOS400(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      PERLOS400(1)

NAME
README.os400 - Perl version 5 on OS/400 DESCRIPTION
This document describes various features of IBM's OS/400 operating system that will affect how Perl version 5 (hereafter just Perl) is com- piled and/or runs. By far the easiest way to build Perl for OS/400 is to use the PASE (Portable Application Solutions Environment), for more information see http://www.iseries.ibm.com/developer/factory/pase/index.html This environment allows one to use AIX APIs while programming, and it provides a runtime that allows AIX binaries to execute directly on the PowerPC iSeries. Compiling Perl for OS/400 PASE The recommended way to build Perl for the OS/400 PASE is to build the Perl 5 source code (release 5.8.1 or later) under AIX. The trick is to give a special parameter to the Configure shell script when running it on AIX: sh Configure -DPASE ... The default installation directory of Perl under PASE is /QOpenSys/perl. This can be modified if needed with Configure parameter -Dpre- fix=/some/dir. Starting from OS/400 V5R2 the IBM Visual Age compiler is supported on OS/400 PASE, so it is possible to build Perl natively on OS/400. The easier way, however, is to compile in AIX, as just described. If building natively on PASE, please do the build under the /QOpenSys directory, since Perl is happier when built on a case sensitive filesystem. Installing Perl in OS/400 PASE If you are compiling on AIX, simply do a "make install" on the AIX box. Once the install finishes, tar up the /QOpenSys/perl directory. Transfer the tarball to the OS/400 using FTP with the following commands: > binary > site namefmt 1 > put perl.tar /QOpenSys Once you have it on, simply bring up a PASE shell and extract the tarball. If you are compiling in PASE, then "make install" is the only thing you will need to do. The default path for perl binary is /QOpenSys/perl/bin/perl. You'll want to symlink /QOpenSys/usr/bin/perl to this file so you don't have to modify your path. Using Perl in OS/400 PASE Perl in PASE may be used in the same manner as you would use Perl on AIX. Scripts starting with #!/usr/bin/perl should work if you have /QOpenSys/usr/bin/perl symlinked to your perl binary. This will not work if you've done a setuid/setgid or have environment variable PASE_EXEC_QOPENSYS="N". If you have V5R1, you'll need to get the latest PTFs to have this feature. Scripts starting with #!/QOpenSys/perl/bin/perl should always work. Known Problems When compiling in PASE, there is no "oslevel" command. Therefore, you may want to create a script called "oslevel" that echoes the level of AIX that your version of PASE runtime supports. If you're unsure, consult your documentation or use "4.3.3.0". If you have test cases that fail, check for the existence of spool files. The test case may be trying to use a syscall that is not imple- mented in PASE. To avoid the SIGILL, try setting the PASE_SYSCALL_NOSIGILL environment variable or have a handler for the SIGILL. If you can compile programs for PASE, run the config script and edit config.sh when it gives you the option. If you want to remove fchdir(), which isn't implement in V5R1, simply change the line that says: d_fchdir='define' to d_fchdir='undef' and then compile Perl. The places where fchdir() is used have alternatives for systems that do not have fchdir() available. Perl on ILE There exists a port of Perl to the ILE environment. This port, however, is based quite an old release of Perl, Perl 5.00502 (August 1998). (As of July 2002 the latest release of Perl is 5.8.0, and even 5.6.1 has been out since April 2001.) If you need to run Perl on ILE, though, you may need this older port: http://www.cpan.org/ports/#os400 Note that any Perl release later than 5.00502 has not been ported to ILE. If you need to use Perl in the ILE environment, you may want to consider using Qp2RunPase() to call the PASE version of Perl. AUTHORS
Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi> Bryan Logan <bryanlog@us.ibm.com> David Larson <larson1@us.ibm.com> perl v5.8.0 2003-02-18 PERLOS400(1)