Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to get jboss pid?
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to get jboss pid? Post 302447609 by pbsdis on Monday 23rd of August 2010 08:14:11 PM
Old 08-23-2010
How to get jboss pid?

I am writing SSH (actually Python via SSH) commandline to get jboss PID from a remote machine (Redhat), how can I do it?

I usually have the patten like:

run('some_linux_command')

What should be 'some_linux_comand' be here?

I also tried a shell script (I found in internet) local on the machine

Quote:
#!/bin/sh
PID=$(ps -eo pid,comm | awk '$2=="jboss" {print $2}')
echo $PID
if [ -z "$PID"]; then
echo No Jboss running
else
echo All done
fi
But it return nothing, while I used 'ps -ef | grep jboss' returned information with the PID.

Any idea?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

printing ppid,child pid,pid

question: for the below program i just printed the value for pid, child pid and parent pid why does it give me 6 values? i assume ppid is 28086 but can't figure out why there are 5 values printed instead of just two! can someone comment on that! #include<stdio.h> #define DIM 8 int... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Session PID & socket connection pid

1. If I use an software application(which connects to the database in the server) in my local pc, how many PID should be registered? Would there be PID for the session and another PID for socket connection? 2. I noticed (through netstat) that when I logged in using the my software application,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcx26
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

jboss and websphere monitoring scripts for hobbit

HI, A very good morning.... i need extensions/plugins for monitoring jboss and websphere for hobbit.. kindly if any one has the ext. or associated scripts pls send me the script or the link from where i can download the scripts(and any dependency for those scripts). Await ur reply.. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvra
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable

Hi, I need to get the pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable and i want to use this value(pid) of the variable for some process. Please can anyone tell me how to get the pid of a process and store it in a variable. please help me on this. Thanks in advance, Amudha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
7 Replies

5. Red Hat

JBoss Application Server 5 CR1 available

The first candidate release (CR1) for JBoss Application Server 5 has been released. There is a lot of good background from Sacha Labourey and feature details from project lead Dimitris Andreadis. Now that version 5 of the new application server has been through alpha and beta stages, this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

6. AIX

Creating startup service for JBoss

Hello Friends, Does anyone know how to create a startup script for Jboss on IBM AIX 5.3? Please help me, I'd be highly grateful to you... Thanks & Regards, Vinit (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpatil6688
0 Replies

7. AIX

Installing jboss on aix

Hi, anybody knows how to configure and install jboss on aix. Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Jboss Stop Issue

Hello Everybody, I have recently setup a Jboss-4.2.3 server in a RHEL machine.I copied the "/etc/init.d/jboss" script from another Jboss server and added the same to chkconfig. When i run - "service jboss start" - the Jboss server starts fine. However when i run - "service jboss stop" - it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recycle Jboss server script

Hello, I need help writing a script to restart our Jboss server when it crashes. I am not very good with scripting but here is the basics. 1) I'm hoping to use KornShell 2) The command to stop the Jboss is "/var/opt/HP/ALM/jboss/bin/run.sh stop" 3) I want to verify the jboss is stopped before... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blogger11
1 Replies

10. Web Development

Starting Web Application on Jboss

Hello, I installed Jboss EAP 6 on a remote Linux server in standalone mode, and deployed a HelloWorld war file successfully. Opened a browser on my PC and pointed to http://127.0.0.1:8080/filename. I can see “Hello World!” on my browser. However, if the browser points to http://server's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnix
3 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_JBOSS(7)						OCF resource agents					    OCF_HEARTBEAT_JBOSS(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_jboss - Manages a JBoss application server instance SYNOPSIS
jboss [start | stop | status | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for Jboss. It manages a Jboss instance as an HA resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
resource_name The name of the resource. Defaults to the name of the resource instance. (unique, optional, string, default default) console A destination of the log of jboss run and shutdown script. (unique, optional, string, no default) shutdown_timeout Timeout for jboss bin/shutdown.sh. We wait for this timeout to expire, then send the TERM and QUIT signals. Finally, the KILL signal is used to terminate the jboss process. You should set the timeout for the stop operation to a value bigger than the sum of the timeout parameters. See also kill_timeout. (optional, integer, default 5) kill_timeout If bin/shutdown.sh doesn't stop the jboss process, then we send it TERM and QUIT signals, intermittently and once a second. After this timeout expires, if the process is still live, we use the KILL signal. See also shutdown_timeout. (optional, integer, default 10) user A user name to start a JBoss. (optional, string, default root) statusurl URL to test in the monitor operation. (optional, string, default http://127.0.0.1:8080) java_home Home directory of Java. Defaults to the environment variable JAVA_HOME. If it is not set, then define this parameter. (optional, string, no default) jboss_home Home directory of Jboss. (unique, required, string, no default) pstring With this string heartbeat matches for the right process to kill. (optional, string, default java -Dprogram.name=run.sh) run_opts Start options to start Jboss with, defaults are from the Jboss-Doku. (optional, string, default -c default -l lpg4j) shutdown_opts Stop options to stop Jboss with. (optional, string, default -s 127.0.0.1:1099) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 60s. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120s. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30s. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30s. Suggested interval: 10s. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5s. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a jboss resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_jboss ocf:heartbeat:jboss params jboss_home=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="30s" interval="10s" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/jboss_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 03/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_JBOSS(7)