Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: line count
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting line count Post 302446236 by ygemici on Wednesday 18th of August 2010 05:13:15 AM
Old 08-18-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_panky
iam not...that means there is some other way to do it....
My files is a huge file...
need to know the exact line count...
did you try
Code:

# sed -n '$=' hugefile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the line count from 2nd line of the file ?

Hi, I want to get the line count of the file from the 2nd line of the file ? The first line is header so want to skip that. Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smc3
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count on every other line

I'd like to create a loop that will display something like: 1 2 29 2 57 2 ... 25173 2 I figure I'd want to make some code that counts to 1798 and for the odd numbers displays: 1+28((n-1)/2) and for the even numbers displays 2. This is what I wrote:#! /bin/csh #include <stdio.h> int... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: red baron
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append line count to each line

Hello forum, I need to append the total line count to the end of each line in a file. The file where this line count needs to be appended is generated by this script: The script does a word frequency count by the first column of a file. if I add wc -l at the end then the line count... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysean
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line count

Hello friends, Could you please help on this, n=`wc -l test.txt` echo $n the above two line code give me "67 text.txt" where as i just need n= 67 as line count (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danish Shakil
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to count number of ~ from each line and compare with next line

Hi, I have created one shell script in which it will count number of "~" tilda charactors from each line of the file.But the problem is that i need to count each line count individually, that means. if line one contains 14 "~"s and line two contains 15 "~"s then it should give an error msg.each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Khandare
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimiter Count Line by Line

Hi All, I have totally 10 source files. I want to count the delimiter In my source files line by line and need to store the result in another file. I got the output for the total count of delimiter for one file. But I am struggling to get the delimiter count line by line for each my files. Plz... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh01_apk
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

line count

Hi In my directory i have file of many days , i want to count the number of line of all the files of todays date. every file will have date component on it for eg. V5_T_RIO_TAFM_20120905070015847.LOG from the file name 20120905- > this show that file is of today's date . I have written... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file1 header count with file2 line count

What I'm trying to accomplish. I receive a Header and Detail file for daily processing. The detail file comes first which holds data, the header is a receipt of the detail file and has the detail files record count. Before processing the detail file I would like to put a wrapper around another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pone2332
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the pipes "|" in line and delete line if count greter then number.

Hello, I have been working on Awk/sed one liner which counts the number of occurrences of '|' in pipe separated lines of file and delete the line from files if count exceeds "17". i.e need to get records having exact 17 pipe separated fields(no more or less) currently i have below : awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Count pattern line by line

I have a file like below with more than 30,000 lines: Someword "mypattern blah blah mypattern blah mypattern blah " Someotherword "mypattern blah blah mypattern blah mypattern blah" Someword "mypattern blah blah blah mypattern blah " Someword "mypattern blah blah mypattern blah ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)