Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Process
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Unix Process Post 302444613 by aprasad on Thursday 12th of August 2010 08:47:26 AM
Old 08-12-2010
Network Unix Process

Hi,

I'm running weblogic 11g on Linux platform. My requirement is to have weblogic instances running and it is controlled by Nodemanager. In the sense, when ever the weblogic instance goes down, Node manager should start it.

The set up requires to have weblogic running as user X, and Node manager running as User Y.

The problem im facing is, when ever i start weblogic instances through node manager, it starts as Y (with which Node Manager is running) not as X.

Is there a way in Unix to avoid this? Please help..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Process Failed

Im having this problem ever since im Using Unix. Please help.Im using Linux Red Hat 7.0. 2.2.6. My Problem is. Whenever i close my unix before the system goes to Halt mode and stoping all md device, this Process shows me as fail. : Saving Mixer settings modprobe: modprobe: can't locate module... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: killerserv
1 Replies

2. Programming

Unix Process

I have successfully opened /dev/table/proc file and read processes pids and its details from it, but I am unable to have programatic knowledge of how to access process CMD or its corresponding name. Kindly do guide me out on the said request for which I will be very thankfull. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Process Suspend

Hi, I have this doubt.... When some program is running and if we press CTRL+Z...it is suspended... what should we do to continue its execution I know that KILL can be used to completely terminate the process....but is there any way to continue... Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proton
3 Replies

4. Programming

How to get process name from process id in all Unix platforms?

Hi, i need to find the process name using the process id in C. This has to be done in HP, AIX, Solaris & Linux?? How can this be done? Is there any common solution to all platforms? On linux i have heard that /proc/<pid>/cmdline can be used. Is there a structure available to read this? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: molu
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Process

Hi does unix keep track of the processes or programs it ran. can i check when my program last ran on the system. any suggestions are welocme. -- logs made by the program it self are missing. Regards Debadatta (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mishra.dd
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required on process in unix

What are some ways to tell if a given file is presently being used by a process? How can you tell what sort of access the process has to the file (read from, written to, filehandle held open, etc)? Can more than one process access the file at the same time? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: choco4202002
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UniX Process not getting logout.

Hi, We have UNIX menu. when we exit the menu the processes are not getting log out. please suggest me how to log out the process after exit from the UNIX Menu. Regards, laknar. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Kill Process(number of process) Unix/Solaris

Hi Experts, we do have a shell script for Unix Solaris, which will kill all the process manullay, it used to work in my previous env, but now it is throwing this error.. could some one please help me to resolve it This is how we execute the script (and this is the requirement) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyvic
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Process

Hi , i scheduled jobs in crontab with dependency. some child process id killed without manual intervention or script . please add you thoughts how process id killed automatically. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: challamsomu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix process

I have to create a parent process that receives n arguments, arg1, arg2 ... argn. The parent creates n son processes. Each one of these will read a text file argi and will print the pair of lines from the file in reversed order. Can anyone help me with this problem, please? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oana06
3 Replies
platform(n)						       Tcl Bundled Packages						       platform(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform ?1.0.4? platform::generic platform::identify platform::patterns identifier _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a machine running Tcl. Whilst Tcl provides the tcl_platform array for identifying the current architecture (in particular, the platform and machine elements) this is not always sufficient. This is because (on Unix machines) tcl_platform reflects the values returned by the uname command and these are not standardized across platforms and architectures. In addition, on at least one platform (AIX) the tcl_platform(machine) contains the CPU serial number. Consequently, individual applications need to manipulate the values in tcl_platform (along with the output of system specific utilities) - which is both inconvenient for developers, and introduces the potential for inconsistencies in identifying architectures and in naming con- ventions. The platform package prevents such fragmentation - i.e., it establishes a standard naming convention for architectures running Tcl and makes it more convenient for developers to identify the current architecture a Tcl program is running on. COMMANDS
platform::identify This command returns an identifier describing the platform the Tcl core is running on. The returned identifier has the general for- mat OS-CPU. The OS part of the identifier may contain details like kernel version, libc version, etc., and this information may con- tain dashes as well. The CPU part will not contain dashes, making the preceding dash the last dash in the result. platform::generic This command returns a simplified identifier describing the platform the Tcl core is running on. In contrast to platform::identify it leaves out details like kernel version, libc version, etc. The returned identifier has the general format OS-CPU. platform::patterns identifier This command takes an identifier as returned by platform::identify and returns a list of identifiers describing compatible architec- tures. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform 1.0.4 platform(n)