Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to check mailx on unix?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to check mailx on unix? Post 302443895 by kailash19 on Tuesday 10th of August 2010 10:58:19 AM
Old 08-10-2010
Yes, all my hosts are HP-UX.

I mean is my mailx running fine(able to send mails or read).

I will be checking all hosts every 10mins(through cron), so cant send mails to a mailID every time for all the hosts, to check mailx.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

display HTML text in body using unix mailX ????

display HTML text in body using unix mailX ????Hello, could any one tell me how to display text in html layout by sending a file using mailx command in unix. i know to use mailx : mailx -s "SUBJECT" user.name@domail.com < file_name.txt instead of txt file i want to send html page and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparan_peddu
8 Replies

3. AIX

Aix Unix Mailx Attachments

I'm trying to send a mailx with an attachment, really I have not do it in a long time. I forgot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darioa
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix mailx question.

HI, Whenever I tried to send mail using mailx in unix (Solaris 5.9), from field is missing from email messages. In short, sender's email address is missing from message. Anybody has any idea why this is happening? Thanks, NS. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nshah
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I could not receive the mail sent from the unix server using 'mailx'

Hi All, I have sent a mail to my gmail id using the below command. echo " " | mailx -s "sub" myid@gmail.com I didn't get any error notification. But still I didn't receive that mail still.. please help me to learn how to send mail to other provider (Yahoo/gmail) from unix server.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bcc in mailx command in Unix

Hi, At present we have been using the mailx command which is working perfectly and the command is as follows; mailx -s "$DESCR1" -c $DLIST_CC -r $REPLY $DLIST We would like to add a Blind carbon copy "Bcc" in this mailing list using mailx. Please let us know how this can be done in ksh. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmathew99
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailx command in unix shell script, its throwing below error

How to use Mailx command in unix shell script, its throwing below error #!/bin/ksh let x=3 If ; then mailx -s “ $x is greater than 2” example@gmail.com << EOF This is the message body EOF fi its throwing error as syntax error at EOF... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with opening the UNIX mailx attachments on iPhone/iOS

I have created a simple log file (abc.log) with Hello World, from my UNIX script. At the end of the script, I have attached the log to my email using uuencode & mailx command. THe email was send successfully and opening on my desktop without any issues. I have the email sync with my iPhone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
7 Replies
DEVSCRIPTS(1)						      General Commands Manual						     DEVSCRIPTS(1)

NAME
devscripts - scripts to ease the lives of Debian developers DESCRIPTION
The devscripts package provides a collection of scripts which may be of use to Debian developers and others wishing to build Debian pack- ages. For a summary of the available scripts, please see the file /usr/share/doc/devscripts/README.gz, and for full details, please see the individual manpages. They are contributed by multiple developers; for details of the authors, please see the code or manpages. Also, the directory /usr/share/doc/devscripts/examples contains examples of procmail and exim scripts for sorting mail arriving to Debian mailing lists. ENVIRONMENT
Several scripts of the devscripts suite use the following environment variables. Check the man page of individual scripts for more details on how the variables are used. DEBEMAIL Email of the person acting on a given Debian package via devscripts. DEBFULLNAME Full name (first + family) of the person acting on a given Debian package via devscripts. SCRIPTS
Here is the complete list of available devscripts. See their man pages for additional documentation. annotate-output(1) run a command and prepend time and stream (O for stdout, E for stderr) for every line of output archpath(1) print tla/Bazaar package names [tla | bazaar] bts(1) a command-line tool for manipulating the BTS [www-browser, libauthen-sasl-perl, libnet-smtp-ssl-perl, libsoap-lite-perl, libwww- perl, bsd-mailx | mailx] build-rdeps(1) Searches for all packages that build-depend on a given package [dctrl-tools] chdist(1) tool to easily play with several distributions [dctrl-tools] checkbashisms(1) check whether a /bin/sh script contains any common bash-specific contructs cowpoke(1) upload a Debian source package to a cowbuilder host and build it, optionally also signing and uploading the result to an incoming queue [ssh-client] cvs-debi, cvs-debc(1) wrappers around debi and debc respectively (see below) which allow them to be called from the CVS working directory. [cvs-buildpack- age] cvs-debrelease(1) wrapper around debrelease which allows it to be called from the CVS working directory. [cvs-buildpackage, dupload | dput, ssh- client] cvs-debuild(1) A wrapper for cvs-buildpackage to use debuild as its package building program. [cvs-buildpackage, fakeroot, lintian, gnupg] dcmd(1) run a given command replacing the name of a .changes or .dsc file with each of the files referenced therein dcontrol(1) remotely query package and source control files for all Debian distributions. [liburl-perl, libwww-perl] dd-list(1) given a list of packages, pretty-print it ordered by maintainer debc(1) display the contents of just-built .debs debchange/dch(1) automagically add entries to debian/changelog files [libparse-debcontrol-perl, libsoap-lite-perl] debcheckout(1) checkout the development repository of a Debian package debclean(1) purge a Debian source tree [fakeroot] debcommit(1) commit changes to cvs, darcs, svn, svk, tla, bzr, git, or hg, basing commit message on changelog [cvs | darcs | subversion | svk | tla | bzr | git-core | mercurial] debdiff(1) compare two versions of a Debian package to check for added and removed files [wdiff, patchutils] debi(1) install a just-built package debpkg(1) dpkg wrapper to be able to manage/test packages without su debrelease(1) wrapper around dupload or dput [dupload | dput, ssh-client] debsign, debrsign(1) sign a .changes/.dsc pair without needing any of the rest of the package to be present; can sign the pair remotely or fetch the pair from a remote machine for signing [gnupg, debian-keyring, ssh-client] debsnap(1) grab packages from http://snapshot.debian.org [libwww-perl, libjson-perl] debuild(1) wrapper to build a package without having to su or worry about how to invoke dpkg to build using fakeroot. Also deals with common environment problems, umask etc. [fakeroot, lintian, gnupg] deb-reversion(1) increases a binary package version number and repacks the archive dep3changelog(1) generate a changelog entry from a DEP3-style patch header desktop2menu(1) produce a skeleton menu file from a freedesktop.org desktop file [libfile-desktopentry-perl] dget(1) downloads Debian source and binary packages [wget | curl] dpkg-depcheck, dpkg-genbuilddeps(1) determine the packages used during the build of a Debian package; useful for determining the Build-Depends control field needed [build-essential, strace] diff2patches(1) extract patches from a .diff.gz file placing them under debian/ or, if present, debian/patches [patchutils] dscextract(1) extract a single file from a Debian source package [patchutils] dscverify(1) verify the integrity of a Debian package from the .changes or .dsc files [gnupg, debian-keyring, libdigest-md5-perl] edit-patch(1) add/edit a patch for a source package and commit the changes [quilt | dpatch | cdbs] getbuildlog(1) download package build logs from Debian auto-builders [wget] grep-excuses(1) grep the update_excuses.html file for your packages [libterm-size-perl, wget, w3m] licensecheck(1) attempt to determine the license of source files list-unreleased(1) searches for unreleased packages manpage-alert(1) locate binaries without corresponding manpages [man-db] mass-bug(1) mass-file bug reports [bsd-mailx | mailx] mergechanges(1) merge .changes files from a package built on different architectures mk-build-deps(1) Given a package name and/or control file, generate a binary package which may be installed to satisfy the build-dependencies of the given packages. [equivs] namecheck(1) Check project names are not already taken. nmudiff(1) mail a diff of the current package against the previous version to the BTS to assist in tracking NMUs [patchutils, mutt] plotchangelog(1) view a nice plot of the data in a changelog file [libtimedate-perl, gnuplot] pts-subscribe(1) subscribe to the PTS for a limited period of time [bsd-mailx | mailx, at] rc-alert(1) list installed packages which have release-critical bugs [wget] rmadison(1) remotely query the Debian archive database about packages [wget | curl, liburi-perl] suspicious-source(1) output a list of files which are not common source files [python-magic] svnpath(1) print svn repository paths [subversion] tagpending(1) runs from a Debian source tree and tags bugs that are to be closed in the latest changelog as pending. [libsoap-lite-perl] transition-check(1) Check a list of source packages for involvement in transitions for which uploads to unstable are currently blocked [libwww-perl, libyaml-syck-perl] uscan(1) scan upstream sites for new releases of packages [libcrypt-ssleay-perl, libwww-perl, unzip, xz-utils] uupdate(1) integrate upstream changes into a source package [patch] what-patch(1) determine what patch system, if any, a source package is using [patchutils] whodepends(1) check which maintainers' packages depend on a package who-uploads(1) determine the most recent uploaders of a package to the Debian archive [gnupg, debian-keyring, wget] wnpp-alert(1) list installed packages which are orphaned or up for adoption [wget] wnpp-check(1) check whether there is an open request for packaging or intention to package bug for a package [wget] wrap-and-sort(1) wrap long lines and sort items in packaging files [python-debian] DEBIAN
Debian Utilities DEVSCRIPTS(1)