Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to check mailx on unix?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to check mailx on unix? Post 302443870 by pludi on Tuesday 10th of August 2010 09:36:16 AM
Old 08-10-2010
Whats wrong with
Code:
mailx_path=$( which mailx )
if [ ! -z "${mailx_path}" -a -e "${mailx_path}" -a -x "${mailx_path}" ]
then
    echo "mailx available at ${mailx_path}"
else
    echo "mailx not available"
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

display HTML text in body using unix mailX ????

display HTML text in body using unix mailX ????Hello, could any one tell me how to display text in html layout by sending a file using mailx command in unix. i know to use mailx : mailx -s "SUBJECT" user.name@domail.com < file_name.txt instead of txt file i want to send html page and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparan_peddu
8 Replies

3. AIX

Aix Unix Mailx Attachments

I'm trying to send a mailx with an attachment, really I have not do it in a long time. I forgot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darioa
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix mailx question.

HI, Whenever I tried to send mail using mailx in unix (Solaris 5.9), from field is missing from email messages. In short, sender's email address is missing from message. Anybody has any idea why this is happening? Thanks, NS. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nshah
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I could not receive the mail sent from the unix server using 'mailx'

Hi All, I have sent a mail to my gmail id using the below command. echo " " | mailx -s "sub" myid@gmail.com I didn't get any error notification. But still I didn't receive that mail still.. please help me to learn how to send mail to other provider (Yahoo/gmail) from unix server.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bcc in mailx command in Unix

Hi, At present we have been using the mailx command which is working perfectly and the command is as follows; mailx -s "$DESCR1" -c $DLIST_CC -r $REPLY $DLIST We would like to add a Blind carbon copy "Bcc" in this mailing list using mailx. Please let us know how this can be done in ksh. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmathew99
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailx command in unix shell script, its throwing below error

How to use Mailx command in unix shell script, its throwing below error #!/bin/ksh let x=3 If ; then mailx -s “ $x is greater than 2” example@gmail.com << EOF This is the message body EOF fi its throwing error as syntax error at EOF... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with opening the UNIX mailx attachments on iPhone/iOS

I have created a simple log file (abc.log) with Hello World, from my UNIX script. At the end of the script, I have attached the log to my email using uuencode & mailx command. THe email was send successfully and opening on my desktop without any issues. I have the email sync with my iPhone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
7 Replies
echo(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  echo(1B)

NAME
echo - echo arguments to standard output SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/echo [-n] [argument] DESCRIPTION
echo writes its arguments, separated by BLANKs and terminated by a NEWLINE, to the standard output. echo is useful for producing diagnostics in command files and for sending known data into a pipe, and for displaying the contents of envi- ronment variables. For example, you can use echo to determine how many subdirectories below the root directory (/) is your current directory, as follows: o echo your current-working-directory's full pathname o pipe the output through tr to translate the path's embedded slash-characters into space-characters o pipe that output through wc -w for a count of the names in your path. example% /usr/bin/echo "echo $PWD | tr '/' ' ' | wc -w" See tr(1) and wc(1) for their functionality. The shells csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1), each have an echo built-in command, which, by default, will have precedence, and will be invoked if the user calls echo without a full pathname. /usr/ucb/echo and csh's echo() have an -n option, but do not understand back-slashed escape characters. sh's echo(), ksh's echo(), and /usr/bin/echo, on the other hand, understand the black-slashed escape characters, and ksh's echo() also understands a as the audible bell character; however, these commands do not have an -n option. OPTIONS
-n Do not add the NEWLINE to the output. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), echo(1), ksh(1), sh(1), tr(1), wc(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The -n option is a transition aid for BSD applications, and may not be supported in future releases. SunOS 5.10 3 Aug 1994 echo(1B)